What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jun. 25, 2015, 10:48 AM| Jun. 25, 2015, 10:48 AM | 4 Comments
Jun. 23, 2015, 8:34 AM
Jun. 16, 2015, 8:41 AM
- Citi adds Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) to its U.S. Focus List on its view the company will see significant sales and earnings growth over the next five years.
- Last week, Coca-Cola closed on its deal to acquire a stake in the company and blend in its energy drink business.
- Shares of MNST are +17.1% YTD.
Jun. 12, 2015, 5:15 PM
- Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) and Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) announce the closing of their previously announced strategic partnership, in which KO now owns a ~16.7% stake in MNST, KO transfers ownership of its worldwide energy drink business to MNST in exchange for the latter's non-energy business, and expanded distribution in the energy drink category.
- MNST says it is expanding its board with two new directors from KO, current CFO Kathy Waller and retired CFO Gary Fayard.
Jun. 12, 2015, 9:45 AM
- Monster Beverage (MNST +1.4%) is higher in early trading after UBS upgrades the company to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- A note from the investment firm says short-term complications for Monster are priced in to leave new buyers of the stock long-term growth opportunities.
- UBS is active in the beverage sector today with a cautionary take on Keurig Green Mountain issued earlier.
Jun. 9, 2015, 10:43 PM
- San Francisco is one step closer to becoming the first U.S. city to require warning labels on sugary drinks after government officials approved a new measure.
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors and Mayor still have to sign off on the anti-soda ordinances.
- Some juice products, flavored milk products, and sports drinks will be included in the targeted beverage category if they contain a certain threshold of added sugar.
- Health advocates say they will make a second run at passing a sugar tax in San Francisco. They are also aiming for a broader push beyond California on consumer sugar warnings.
- The beverage industry has reacted to uneven demand in the U.S. for soda drinks in part with product innovation (craft, cane sugar, energy, protein) aimed at millennials.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, DPS, COT, MNST, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, FIZZ, HSY, DF,
Jun. 3, 2015, 8:48 AM
- Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) placed a major bet in the sports world with a new sponsorship deal for thoroughbred American Pharoah.
- The company's logo will be seen associated with both the horse and jockey.
- American Pharoah is set to race for the elusive Triple Crown on Saturday at the Belmont Stakes.
- Current odds from Las Vegas list the colt as a 5-to-6 favorite to win the first Triple Crown since Affirmed in 1978.
- Monster execs say the sponsorship signing is aligned with its marketing objective of disrupting traditions.
May 27, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) expects to close on its deal to buy a stake in Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) early next month.
- Though Monster continues to battle some public perception issues dues to lawsuits and an ongoing FDA investigation, the company still grew sales by 10% last year as it broadened out its product mix.
- Shares of Monster are up 17.8% YTD.
May 11, 2015, 9:04 AM
- Citigroup upgrades Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm also lifts its price target on the beverage stock to $151 from $141.
- Monster is expected to close on its deal with Coca-Cola sometime this quarter which Citi thinks could bring in more buying action on the stock.
- MNST +0.40% premarket to $128.99.
May 7, 2015, 6:09 PM
- Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) reports gross margin rate rose 260 bps to 56.1%.
- Adjusted Operating expenses as a percentage of sales increased 0.8% to $155.35M.
- Selling expenses as a percentage of sales fell 10 bps to 10.6%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate increased 180 bps to 29.6%.
- The company says the deal with Coca-Cola is on track to close in Q2.
- MNST -0.40% after hours.
- Q1 results
May 7, 2015, 4:35 PM
- Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST): Q1 EPS of $0.62 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $626.79M (+16.9% Y/Y) beats by $25.59M.
- Shares -3.47%.
Apr. 22, 2015, 9:59 AM| Apr. 22, 2015, 9:59 AM
Mar. 26, 2015, 2:57 PM
- Total soda volume in the U.S. fell for the 10th straight year, according to data from Beverage Digest.
- Volume at Coca-Cola (KO -0.2%) was down 1.1%, while PepsiCo (PEP +0.5%) volume declined 1.4%. Both soda giants offset the soda slide in part with sales in juices, smoothie, and flavored waters.
- Dr. Pepper (DPS +2.5%) volume was flat during the year.
- Monster Beverage (MNST +0.5%) bucked the trend with a 7% rise in volume.
- Total U.S. volume in the category was down 0.9%.
Mar. 24, 2015, 11:02 AM
- Beverage stocks break higher as some industry sales tracking is reported to be positive.
- The C-store channel has been vibrant for the sector recently.
- Strong gainers include Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) up 2.5% and Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) with a 2.3% increase.
- Small player Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) is up 7% and Cott (NYSE:COT) continues its stellar 2015 run with a 2.2% rally.
- Even large soda sellers Pepsico (PEP +1.2%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.7%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS +0.7%) are ahead of broad market averages.
Feb. 27, 2015, 1:32 PM
- Monster Beverage (MNST +13%) says it increased market share across Europe in December and January.
- A lot of detail is given out during the call on the transition to Coca-Cola from Anheuser-Busch InBev for distribution. The company maintains inventory issues will not be problem.
- Sales of Monster products through the convenience and gas channel rose 11.3% Y/Y in January.
- Execs says the board will examine capital allocation options in light of the new funds coming in from Coca-Cola.
- Shares of MNST are trading over $140 for the first today.
- Earnings call transcript
Feb. 27, 2015, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: XIN +20%. CYCC +17%. SREV +16%. BLOX +16%. CYTX +13%. CLNE +12%. MNST +10%. ATOS +10%. SD +9%. SPLK +7%. MEET +6%. ARUN +6%. VIMC +6%. HZNP +6%.
- Losers: CVSL -42%. RESN -28%. MOSY -21%. WTW -18%. TUBE -17%. TBIO -14%. JCP -13%. DRL -13%. GENE -11%. OCN -8%. PBPB -8%. NBG -8%. NVAX -7%. FRO -5%.
Monster Beverage Corp through its subsidiaries markets and distributes energy drinks. It offers energy drinks including Monster Energy, Java Monster, Monster Rehab, NOS, Full Throttle Mother, Power Play and Ultra energy drinks.
Other News & PR