Morningstar: A Cannibal Cash Machine
Tue, May 31, 7:35 PM
- Morningstar (NASDAQ:MORN) has acquired InvestSoft Technology in a move to shore up bond analysis.
- Terms weren't disclosed. InvestSoft helps firms analyze fixed-income securities and portfolios using its BondPro calculation engine.
- The company will rebrand InvestSoft's offering under the Morningstar name and gradually integrate it into data processing systems and existing products.
- InvestSoft founder Al Roitfarb will become head of architecture, fixed income, and CEO Todd Roitfarb will become head of fixed-income products.
Thu, Mar. 31, 5:19 PM
- Morningstar (MORN +0.6%) has acquired RightPond (the d.b.a. of RequiSight LLC), a data provider for defined contribution and defined benefit plans for financial service providers.
- Terms weren't disclosed. The product reveals gaps, trends, outliers, and risk signals regarding plan performance, fees, capital flow, gatekeeper relationships, and best practices for the various types of plans.
- Morningstar will offer RightPond on a stand-alone basis until it's integrated into Morningstar Data and Morningstar Direct platforms and rebranded.
- Now read Morningstar, Inc.: A Value Investor's Delight? »
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:53 PM
- Morningstar (MORN -0.4%) has wrapped its acquisition of Total Rebalance Expert (tRx) from FNA, which it announced early last month.
- The product is an automated portfolio rebalancing platform for financial advisers.
- More than 500 advisers from 175 firms use it to rebalance more than $20B in client assets, Morningstar says.
- Shares are flat in after-hours trading today.
- Previously: Morningstar acquires Total Rebalance Expert (Oct. 08 2015)
Oct. 8, 2015, 4:21 PM
- Total Rebalance Expert (tRx) was created by Sheryl Rowling in 2008 when she couldn't find an affordable, tax-efficient, easy-to-use tax rebalancing system for her own financial advisory practice.
- Now more than 500 financial advisors from 175 firms use tRx to rebalance more than $20B in client assets.
- Earlier this year, Morningstar (NASDAQ:MORN) announced the integration of tRx into Morningstar Office, and - working with tRx team - liked what it saw and decided to buy the company.
- Terms were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close next month.