Movado Group: Luxury On Sale
Movado Group: A Timeless Investment
Thu, May 26, 12:00 PM
Thu, May 26, 7:00 AM
Wed, May 25, 5:30 PM
Wed, May 11, 10:04 AM
- A devastating F/X-ravaged report turned in by Fossil (FOSL -31.3%) and a general sense that U.S. consumer spending on apparel is weak (L Brands, Gap, Macy's) is taking a toll on some high-end retailers.
- Michael Kors (KORS -10.8%), Movado (MOV -7.6%), G-III Apparel (GIII -9.9%), Kate Spade (KATE -2.9%), PVH (PVH -5.6%), Ralph Lauren (RL -5.8%), Coach (COH -3.8%), and Luxottica (LUX -1.9%) are all spinning lower with anxiety over sales trends rising.
- Previously: Fossil crushed after sales and margins shrink (May 10)
- Previously: Specialty retail not looking so special to investors (May 11)
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:17 AM
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:12 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV) reports net sales rose 10.1% on a constant currency basis in Q4.
- Gross margin rate improved 220 bps to 52.5% primarily driven by a favorable shift in channel and product mix, selective price increases and certain sourcing improvements.
- Operating margin rate increased 150 bps to 9%.
- Inventory dropped 4.9% to $162.5M.
- FY2017 Guidance: Net sales: $585M to $600M; Operating income: ~$65M to $70M; Tax rate: 32%; Net income: ~$43.3M to $46.7; Diluted EPS: $1.85 to $2.
- MOV -3.10% premarket.
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:11 AM| Thu, Mar. 31, 7:11 AM
Thu, Mar. 31, 6:59 AM
Wed, Mar. 30, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 10:39 AM| Tue, Mar. 15, 10:39 AM
Tue, Feb. 2, 10:21 AM
- Strength shown by Michael Kors (KORS +16.1%) in digital channels, Japan, and across much of Europe isn't going unnoticed in the apparel sector.
- G-III Apparel (GIII 1.4%), PVH Corp (PVH +3.2%), Vera Bradley (VRA +5%), Fossil (FOSL +1.8%), Lululemon (LULU +2.5%), Kate Spade (KATE +1.1%), and Movado (MOV +0.5%) are all higher on a day broad market averages are wilting.
- Previously: Michael Kors Holdings beats by $0.13, beats on revenue (Feb. 2)
- Previously: Michael Kors soars after earnings shine (Feb. 2)
Thu, Jan. 28, 3:03 PM
- Swiss watchmakers are looking for new markets and introducing products at lower price points due to soft demand in Europe.
- Weak Chinese tourism, the strong Swiss franc, and competition at lower prices points from Apple Watch and other smartwatch introductions have put pressure on the high end.
- "We expect 2016 to be a very, very difficult year," warns HYT Chief Vincent Perriard.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:SWGAY, MOV, TIF, OTCPK:CFRUY, OTCPK:LVMHF, OTCPK:HESAF,
Tue, Jan. 26, 3:04 PM
- Coach (COH +10.3%) is up 10% after a penny beat over consensus Q4 earnings estimates.
- Movado (MOV +5.1%), Kate Spade (KATE +2.9%), Michael Kors (KORS +2.9%), and Vera Bradley (VRA +1.4%) are all higher after the Coach print, although some traders are expressing caution.
- Coach's sales growth was driven largely by the recently-acquired Stuart Weitzman brand, not handbags, and the company warned on the level of promotional activity with handbag sellers.
- Previously: Coach beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 26 2016)
- Previously: Coach higher after results and guidance satisfy investors (Jan. 26 2016)
Nov. 24, 2015, 7:22 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV) reports net sales rose 2.1% on a constant currency basis in Q3.
- Gross margin rate increased 90 bps to 53.9% primarily due to channel and product mix, selective price increases and certain sourcing improvements.
- Operating margin rate grew 30 bps to 18%.
- Inventory declined 2.02% to $178.97M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: $590M to $600M; Operating income: ~$72M to $75M; Tax rate: 30%; Net income: ~$47.5M to $50; Diluted EPS: $2 to $2.1.
- MOV -0.46% premarket.
Nov. 24, 2015, 6:58 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV): Q3 EPS of $0.92 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $191.65M (+1.6% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:30 PM
Movado Group, Inc. designs, manufactures and distributes watches. Its portfolio of brands is comprised of Movado, Concord, EBEL and ESQ Movado along with Coach, HUGO BOSS, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger and Scuderia Ferrari. The company operates through two segments: Wholesale and... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Recreational Goods, Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR