Movado Group, Inc.NYSE
Movado Group: Luxury On Sale
Thu, Sep. 1, 8:08 AM
Thu, Aug. 25, 12:02 PM
Thu, Aug. 25, 7:03 AM
Wed, Aug. 24, 5:30 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:47 AM
- Kate Spade's (KATE -19.2%) weak results posted earlier this morning have created some broad anxiety across the spectrum of retailers that sell handbags luxury apparel, and accessories.
- The report from Kate Spade threw a bright spotlight on the uphill battle the sector faces in replacing sales from the reduced level of tourists pouring into the U.S.
- Coach (COH -1%), Vera Bradley (VRA -2.5%), Michael Kors (KORS -4%), Movado (MOV -0.3%), and Fossil (FOSL -2.9%) are all notably lower.
- Previously: Weak tourism cuts into results at Kate Spade (Aug. 3)
Thu, May 26, 12:00 PM
Thu, May 26, 7:00 AM
Wed, May 25, 5:30 PM
Wed, May 11, 10:04 AM
- A devastating F/X-ravaged report turned in by Fossil (FOSL -31.3%) and a general sense that U.S. consumer spending on apparel is weak (L Brands, Gap, Macy's) is taking a toll on some high-end retailers.
- Michael Kors (KORS -10.8%), Movado (MOV -7.6%), G-III Apparel (GIII -9.9%), Kate Spade (KATE -2.9%), PVH (PVH -5.6%), Ralph Lauren (RL -5.8%), Coach (COH -3.8%), and Luxottica (LUX -1.9%) are all spinning lower with anxiety over sales trends rising.
- Previously: Fossil crushed after sales and margins shrink (May 10)
- Previously: Specialty retail not looking so special to investors (May 11)
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:17 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV) declares $0.13/share quarterly dividend, 18.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.11.
- Forward yield 1.71%
- Payable April 26; for shareholders of record April 12; ex-div April 8.
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:12 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV) reports net sales rose 10.1% on a constant currency basis in Q4.
- Gross margin rate improved 220 bps to 52.5% primarily driven by a favorable shift in channel and product mix, selective price increases and certain sourcing improvements.
- Operating margin rate increased 150 bps to 9%.
- Inventory dropped 4.9% to $162.5M.
- FY2017 Guidance: Net sales: $585M to $600M; Operating income: ~$65M to $70M; Tax rate: 32%; Net income: ~$43.3M to $46.7; Diluted EPS: $1.85 to $2.
- MOV -3.10% premarket.
Thu, Mar. 31, 7:11 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV) announces that COO Rick Cote will retire in June after a long stint with the company.
- Cote plans to stay on the board as a non-management member following his retirement.
- Movado doesn't plan to fill the COO position, opting to transition those responsibilities to other executives.
Thu, Mar. 31, 6:59 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV): Q4 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $143.3M (+7.0% Y/Y) beats by $2.6M.
Wed, Mar. 30, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 10:39 AM
- Movado (MOV -1.3%) is showing off its latest smartwatch at the Baselworld event in Switzerland.
- The company is partnering again with HP on the high-end smartwatch.
- The new Movado smartwatch collection in North America and Europe will include 25 new products, listing at $195 and above.
Tue, Feb. 2, 10:21 AM
- Strength shown by Michael Kors (KORS +16.1%) in digital channels, Japan, and across much of Europe isn't going unnoticed in the apparel sector.
- G-III Apparel (GIII 1.4%), PVH Corp (PVH +3.2%), Vera Bradley (VRA +5%), Fossil (FOSL +1.8%), Lululemon (LULU +2.5%), Kate Spade (KATE +1.1%), and Movado (MOV +0.5%) are all higher on a day broad market averages are wilting.
- Previously: Michael Kors Holdings beats by $0.13, beats on revenue (Feb. 2)
- Previously: Michael Kors soars after earnings shine (Feb. 2)