Motorcar Parts Of America: Upside To $30+
Tue, Jun. 14, 2:19 PM
- Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA +8.5%) pops over the $30 level for the first time this month after releasing FQ4 results.
- During the company's conference call, management guided for FY17 sales of $420M to $440M vs. $433.2 consensus. An adjusted gross margin rate of between 27.5% to 30.5% is expected.
- MPAA earnings call transcript
- Previously: Motorcar Parts of America misses by $0.04, misses on revenue (June 14)
Tue, Jun. 14, 12:00 PM
Tue, Jun. 14, 8:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 9, 8:03 AM
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 20, 3:40 PM
- Auto suppliers Federal-Mogul Holdings (FDML +11.1%), Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA +6.2%), Gentherm (THRM +5%), Meritor (MTOR +4.3%), and Stonebridge (SRI +2.8%) are all showing outsized gains on the day, despite global stock market declines. The sector has been off to a volatile start this year.
- Tire stocks Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +2.2%) and Cooper Tire & Rubber (CTB +0.7%) are also in solid shape today.
- Though some forecasts call for automobile sales growth to slow in China and the U.S. this year, strong demand from Europe is making up for some of the slack.
- Previously: European automobile market stays on promising track (Jan. 18 2016)
Nov. 9, 2015, 10:46 AM
- Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA +11.4%) rallies after riding strength in the rotating electrical and wheel hub business to a FQ2 EPS beat.
- Management also struck a confident tone on demand for the second half of the fiscal year.
- Shares of MPAA reached a 52-week high of $38.64 in trading early.
- Previously: Motorcar Parts of America beats by $0.07, misses on revenue (Nov. 09 2015)
Nov. 9, 2015, 8:40 AM
- Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA): FQ2 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $91.67M (+29.4% Y/Y) misses by $3.16M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:30 PM
Oct. 31, 2015, 12:51 PM
- The European Automobile Manufacturers Association issued a statement this week in which it forecasts that a "substantial number" of diesel models will have to be phased out earlier than anticipated.
- The harsh assessment was mirrored by several heavyweight CEOs at the Tokyo Motor Show. The major focus of the event has been next-gen concepts like hydrogen-powered cars and self-driving features, while execs such as Nissan's Carlos Ghosn have marginalized the future of diesel.
- Many automobile industry insiders have noted that diesel was in decline due to the focus on emissions even before Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) rocked the industry with a cheating scandal.
- The mix of technology, EV, hydrogen, and powertrain changes have kept analysts buzzing over the proper valuations to assign to major players. A reset of demand expectations in China also factors in significantly.
- Automobile industry stocks: DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, FDML, DLPH,GNTX, SMP, AXL, MPAA, ALV, MOD, DLPH, VC, THRM, WPRT, GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, TTM, TSLA, THRM, BWA, JCI, TEN, CPS, LDL, TOWR, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, OTCPK:RNLSY.
- Previously: Hydrogen and self-driving cars the talk at the Toyota Motor Show (Oct. 29)
Aug. 10, 2015, 9:57 AM
- Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA +16.3%) soars after besting estimates with its FQ1 report off of strong growth trends.
- Margin rates improved during the quarter as a shift in product mix and productivity gains helped to lower per-unit costs.
- Adjusted gross profit rate +70 bps to 30.9%.
- Previously: Motorcar Parts of America beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (Aug. 10 2015)
Aug. 10, 2015, 8:31 AM
- Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA): FQ1 EPS of $0.44 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $85.8M (+36.2% Y/Y) beats by $6.74M.
Aug. 9, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 15, 2015, 8:46 AM
- Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA) reports net income rose faster than revenue in Q1.
- The company points to strength with the wheel hubs and master cylinder business during the quarter.
- Previously: Motorcar Parts of America beats by $0.10, misses on revenue
- MPAA +1.78% premarket to $30.35.
Jun. 15, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA): FQ4 EPS of $0.53 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $83.9M (+9.4% Y/Y) misses by $5.14M.
Jun. 14, 2015, 5:30 PM| Jun. 14, 2015, 5:30 PM
Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. engages in manufacturing, remanufacturing and distribution of aftermarket automotive parts for import and domestic cars, light trucks, heavy duty, agricultural and industrial applications. Its products include rotating electrical products such as alternators and... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States
Other News & PR