What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jan. 7, 2015, 4:12 PM
Jan. 5, 2015, 4:01 PM
- Equity REITs are green across the board, and mortgage REITs and BDCs are showing some (but not a ton of) gains as the broader markets tumble to start the week.
- A sampling: Realty Income (O +2.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1.6%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +2.4%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.9%), General Growth Properties (GGP +0.7%), Kimco (KIM +0.9%), Public Storage (PSA +0.5%), CYS Investments (CYS +0.5%), Solar Capital (SLRC +1.1%).
Dec. 31, 2014, 2:25 AM
- Real-estate investment trusts were among the hottest stocks of the year, producing a total return of 32.3%, including dividends, according to the FTSE Nareit Equity REITs Index.
- Boosted by low interest rates and an improving economy, the sector has climbed this year to its biggest gains in nearly a decade.
- Analysts are predicting REIT shares to continue to perform well in 2015, as a stronger economy and increased M&A activity drown out the risk of possible rate rises.
- With its shares rising 68.3% this year, the top-performing REIT in 2014 was Winthrop Realty Trust (NYSE:FUR).
- Related tickers: ARCP, DEI, DCT, PEB, SHO, EXR, FRT, EPR, MPW, NYRT, MAC, AVIV, CPT, EQR , PKY, MAC, SKT, WRI
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Dec. 19, 2014, 9:49 AM
- EPR Properties (EPR +1.2%) and Medical Properties Trust (MPW +0.4%) are upgraded to Hold from Underweight.
- Yesterday, KeyBanc downgraded a couple of outperforming REIT names.
- Previously: KeyBanc cashes in its chips on Retail Properties of America (Dec. 18, 2014)
- Previously: RLJ Lodging downgraded at KeyBanc (Dec. 18, 2014)
Dec. 16, 2014, 9:23 AM
- The purchase/leaseback deal on 40 hospital facilities received quicker-than-expected antitrust approval from German regulators and closed yesterday vs. the hoped-for closing date at some point in Q1.
- With the extra weeks, MPW expects to fund and begin accrual income on up to about $500M of the purchase this year.
Dec. 2, 2014, 8:46 AM
- S&P boosts MPW's credit rating to BB+ from BB, with stable outlook.
- "Over the past year, we have successfully executed our strategy to increase the size of our asset base and diversify our portfolio, which has included enhancing our presence in Western Europe,” says company CEO Edward Aldag.
Nov. 13, 2014, 6:40 PM
- Medical Properties Trust (NYSE:MPW) declares $0.21/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 6.20%
- Payable Jan 8; for shareholders of record Dec. 4; ex-div Dec. 2.
Oct. 31, 2014, 10:46 AM| Oct. 31, 2014, 10:46 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Q3 normalized FFO of $46.6M up 21% Y/Y. Normalized FFO per share of $0.27 up 8%.
- More details on the recently announced $1B+ plus in deals: Initial cash lease rate for the to-be-acquired properties of 9.3% with annual escalation provisions tied to inflation. Pro forma portfolio now of about $4.5B comprised of 169 healthcare properties in 27 states, Germany, and the U.K.
- Conference call at 11 ET
- Previously: Medical Properties FFO in-line, beats on revenue
- MPW flat premarket
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:53 AM
- Medical Properties (NYSE:MPW): Q3 FFO of $0.27 in-line.
- Revenue of $80.8M (+33.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.28M.
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:06 AM
- The agreement allows for MPW to purchase and lease back substantially all of the real estate assets of privately-held MEDIAN Kliniken Group, Germany's largest provider of post-acute and acute rehab services. The aggregate purchase price is expected to be about €705M, or $900M at current exchange rates.
- The deal is a significant one for the company, boosting its asset base to about $4.5B, and it also builds on MPW's recent entry into Western Europe.
- The 27-year master lease provides an initial lease rate well within the company's targeted 8-11% range, and there are annual escalators or at least 1%.
- MPW also announces agreements to buy about $155M in other assets (some in the U.S., some in Germany).
- Together, the deals are expected to be accretive to normalized FFO per share by $0.09-$0.12, taking the rate to $1.19-$1.26 from previous guidance of $1.10-$1.14.
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Aug. 21, 2014, 4:42 PM
- Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE:MPW) declares $0.21/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 6.03%
- Payable Oct. 15; for shareholders of record Sept. 18; ex-div Sept. 16.
Aug. 7, 2014, 10:26 AM
- Q2 normalized FFO of $44.5M or $0.26 vs. $35.9M and $0.24 a year ago.
- Portfolio of about $3B comprised of 118 healthcare properties in 25 states and Germany. Normalized FFO per share for 2014 is expected at $1.10-$1.14.
- Conference call at 11 ET
- Previously: Medical Properties misses by $0.01, misses on revenue
- MPW -1.1%
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:38 AM
- Medical Properties (NYSE:MPW): Q2 FFO of $0.26 in-line.
- Revenue of $76.6M (+34.2% Y/Y) misses by $0.9M.
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Medical Properties Trust Inc is a self-advised real estate investment trust. The Company is engaged in the business of investing in, owning, and leasing healthcare real estate. The Company also makes mortgages and loans to healthcare operators.
Other News & PR