Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Fri, Feb. 26, 6:58 AM
- The majority of Mindray Medical International (NYSE:MR) shareholders support the previously announced offer by Excelsior Union Limited to take the company private at $28 per ordinary share. At the extraordinary meeting of shareholders held today, 77.3% of outstanding ordinary shares voted with 82.6% in favor of the merger. The transaction should be completed next month.
- Previously: Mindray goes private at $28 per share (Nov. 4, 2015)
Nov. 4, 2015, 9:37 AM
- Shenzhen, China-based Mindray Medical International (MR +6.9%) enters into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Excelsior Union Limited for $28 per ordinary share or American Depositary Share. The transaction values the firm at $3.3B.
- Excelsior Union is beneficially owned by Mindray Executive Chairman Li Xiting, Chairman Xu Hang and co-CEO Cheng Minghe. The group will own 27.7% of the outstanding shares of the company representing 63.5% of the total number of votes represented by the outstanding shares.
- The transaction should close in Q1.
- Previously: Mindray Medical receives non-binding offer of $27 per share from executive-led group (Sept. 10)
Sep. 10, 2015, 8:22 AM
- Mindray Medical International (NYSE:MR) receives a non-binding bid to acquire all outstanding shares not currently owned by the buyer group for $27 per share. The group is being led by Executive Chairman Li Xiting, Chairman Xu Hang and Co-CEO Cheng Minghe.
- A special committee of the Board will consider the proposal.
- MR closed yesterday at $24.18.
Jul. 7, 2015, 8:28 AM
- Mindray Medical (NYSE:MR) acquires the rest of Wuhan Dragonbio Surgical Implant Co. for ~$72.6M. It acquired a controlling stake in 2012. The deal will be financed with cash on hand and should close this month.
- Dragonbio is a Chinese maker of orthopedic products focused primarily on trauma, spine and joints.
Jun. 13, 2013, 3:04 PM
Dec. 9, 2011, 8:23 AM
Mindray Medical (MR) announces it will acquire a controlling interest in Zhejiang Greenlander Information Technology for an undisclosed amount. The firm says the transaction will help create synergies within its array of medical devices and healthcare IT solutions. (PR)| Dec. 9, 2011, 8:23 AM