Aug. 6, 2015, 12:43 PM
Aug. 6, 2015, 9:38 AM
- IBM is buying Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE), a top provider of software for managing and processing medical images, for $1B in cash after factoring net debt, or $7.13/share. The price represents a 32% premium to Merge's Wednesday close. The deal is expected to close later this year.
- Merge's software is said to be "used at more than 7,500 U.S. healthcare sites, as well as most of the world's leading clinical research institutes and pharmaceutical firms." IBM plans to integrate Merge with its recently-launched Watson Health unit, with the goal of providing image analytics that leverage Watson's A.I./deep learning technology.
- Big Blue: "IBM plans to leverage the Watson Health Cloud to analyze and cross-reference medical images against a deep trove of lab results, electronic health records, genomic tests, clinical studies and other health-related data sources, already representing 315 billion data points and 90 million unique records. Merge's clients could compare new medical images with a patient's image history as well as populations of similar patients to detect changes and anomalies."
- In April, when Watson Health was launched, IBM announced it's buying cloud patient data analysis software firm Phytel and clinical database/healthcare analytics app provider Explorys. The company also announced healthcare-related partnerships with Apple, Medtronic, and Johnson & Johnson.
Jul. 23, 2015, 6:09 AM
- Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE): Q2 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $65.6M (+21.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.71M.
Jul. 8, 2015, 5:41 PM
Jun. 29, 2015, 3:30 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +0.3%) upgraded to Buy from undefined with a $167 (18% upside) price target by UBS.
- Community Health Systems (CYH -0.9%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with an $83.90 (33% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT +2.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $95.71 (11% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -1.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $126 (3% upside) price target by Sterne Agee CRT.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -1.5%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $64 (12% upside) price target by Wells Fargo.
- Cepheid (CPHD -1.7%) raised to Buy from Hold with a $75 (25% upside) price target by Craig-Hallum.
- Merge Healthcare (MRGE -0.1%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $5.75 (17% upside) price target by Topeka Capital.
- Alere (ALR -0.2%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $60 (15% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN -2.1%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a 1275p (16% upside) price target by UBS.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI -4.3%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $40 (135% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
Jun. 24, 2015, 10:18 AM| Jun. 24, 2015, 10:18 AM
Apr. 28, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE): Q1 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $54.4M (+6.9% Y/Y) misses by $1.78M.
Apr. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CAS, CBR, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DFRG, DORM, ECL, ENTG, ETR, F, FBC, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GAS, GLW, GPI, HMC, HSP, ICLR, IDXX, IIVI, IPGP, IPI, JBLU, JEC, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MRGE, MRK, NCI, NEO, NOV, OFC, OSK, PAG, PFE, PH, PHG, POR, SALT, SC, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TMUS, TXT, UBSI, UPS, UTHR, VDSI, VLO, WAT, WDR, WHR, WWW, WYN, XRS, YNDX
Apr. 7, 2015, 5:36 PM
Feb. 26, 2015, 12:57 PM
Feb. 25, 2015, 6:09 PM
- Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE): Q4 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $53.6M (flat Y/Y) misses by $2.74M.
- Shares +0.22% AH.
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:02 AM
- Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE): Q3 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $54M (-5.7% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLY, AMED, ARW, AUO, AVX, BAH, BDC, CCJ, CFR, CKSW, CMC, COT, CTCM, DXYN, ETN, EVER, EXC, GHM, GRMN, GT, H, HES, HSY, IACI, ISSI, JLL, LFUS, MHFI, MRGE, MTH, NVMI, OMG, PAG, PB, PSX, PSXP, PX, RES, RL, ROL, RYAM, SEE, SKYW, SO, SODA, SPW, SPWR, STM, TEL, TFX, UAM, UBSI, VLY, WEC, WLP, WM, XRAY
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
- Merge Healthcare (MRGE -3.9%) will report Q3 results on October 29 before the open. The conference call will begin at 7:30 am CT/8:30 am ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.03 on revenues of $53.6M.
Jul. 30, 2014, 7:12 AM
- Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE): Q2 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $54.1M (-6.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.8M.
Merge Healthcare Inc develops software solutions that facilitate the sharing of images to create a more effective and efficient electronic healthcare experience for patients and physicians.
Industry: Healthcare Information Services
Country: United States