Fri, Aug. 28, 7:47 AM
- Mitsubishi (OTCPK:MSBHY) is buying a 20% stake in Olam International (OTCPK:OLMIY), valuing the agri-trader at about $5.5B.
- Olam said it will issue 332.7M new shares to Mitsubishi at S$2.75 per share, amounting to about 12% of its total capital.
- The Japanese company will also buy about 222M secondary shares from the founding Chanrai family, representing about 8% of Olam.
Tue, Aug. 18, 2:23 AM
- The two explosions in the Chinese port of Tianjin last week could generate total insurance losses of $1B-$1.5B, Credit Suisse analysts said, citing initial estimates based on media reports.
- Over 8,000 vehicles worth about $625M were destroyed in the blasts, including cars made by Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY), Toyota (NYSE:TM), Renault (OTCPK:RNLSY), Hyundai (OTC:HYMLF) and Mitsubishi (OTCPK:MSBHY), while damage is still being assessed in other sectors.
- Zurich Insurance (OTCQX:ZURVY), Allianz (OTCQX:AZSEY) and other groups say they have already received insurance claims but could not provide an estimate of potential losses.
Sep. 22, 2014, 6:42 AM
- In yet another move expanding its foods business, Mitsubishi (OTCPK:MSBHY) has offered to buy Norwegian fishery Cermaq (OTC:CRMQY) for 8.9B kroner ($1.4B). The offer is 14% more than Cermaq’s closing price on Sept. 19.
- Norway's Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries, Cermaq’s biggest shareholder (with a 59.2% stake) says it’s prepared to sell its shares to Mitsubishi, although it could switch to another buyer if presented with a more attractive offer.
May 1, 2012, 3:47 AMAussie oil producer Woodside Petroleum (WOPEY.PK) plans to sell a stake in its giant Browse natural gas project to Mitsui and Mitsubishi for $2B. The two Japanese firms will also work with Woodside to market LNG to the Asian market and to help Woodside raise money to finance the project. (PR) | May 1, 2012, 3:47 AM | Comment!
Apr. 12, 2012, 2:27 AMShell (RDS.A), Mitsubishi Corp., China National Petroleum and Korea Gas Corp are in the final stages of talks to build a $12.35B liquefied natural gas terminal on Canada's west coast, according to a report in business daily Nikkei. A broad agreement is expected as soon as this month. | Apr. 12, 2012, 2:27 AM | 3 Comments
MSBHF vs. ETF Alternatives
Mitsubishi Corp. is a general trading company engaged in the import, export and wholesale of various products. Co.'s products include internet services, financial services, IT solutions, all forms of carbon and hydrocarbon products, ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, gas/petroleum equipment and... More
Other News & PR