Wed, Nov. 9, 8:26 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 2:36 PM
- The company topped EPS estimates by $0.04, but fell a bit short on the top line. Digging deeper, Evercore ISI's Warren Gardiner says MSCI (MSCI -3.4%) is facing pressure from ETF fees, noting ETP AUM rose 12% Y/Y, but ETP revenues rose just 3.6%, with management noting the fee rate as down 9%.
- Gardiner: "We continue to think fee pressures will be a drag on revenue growth here."
- The stock's pullback today brings the decline since Sept. 1 to about 11%. Prior to that, MSCI had been more than a three-bagger over the previous three-plus years.
Thu, Oct. 27, 7:08 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Wed, Sep. 14, 11:53 AM
- While real estate was broken out of the S&P financials into its own sector this month, those were just equity REITs, with mortgage REITs still residing in financials.
- While much of the talk has been around how equity REITs might gain from the switch, the team at KBW believes mREITs could be a big beneficiary, and Annaly Capital (NYSE:NLY) - by far the largest of the group - could be added to the S&P 500.
- Other financials up for possible inclusion, according to KBW: First Republic Bank (NYSE:FRC), New York Community Bancorp (NYSE:NYCB), Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY), MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), Arch Capital (NASDAQ:ACGL), Alleghany (NYSE:Y).
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:13 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, May 26, 12:14 PM
- RIght now, the chance of an affirmative vote in the Brexit referendum is looking mighty slim, so it's hard to imagine much of an edge here. Nevertheless, the team at JPMorgan has identified 22 U.S. stocks with the highest U.K. exposure as a percent of revenue. These names would thus theoretically benefit from a "Remain" vote.
- Penske (NYSE:PAG), PPL Corp. (NYSE:PPL), PRA Health (NASDAQ:PRAH), Invesco (NYSE:IVZ), Xerox (NYSE:XRX), Ford (NYSE:F), Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), CBRE Group (NYSE:CBG), Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Marsh & McLennan (NYSE:MMC), MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), ON Semi (NASDAQ:ON), Aon (NYSE:AON), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Crane (NYSE:CR), Maximus (NYSE:MMS), Legg Mason (NYSE:LM), Guidewire (NYSE:GWRE), Signet (NYSE:SIG), Fair Isaac (NYSE:FICO), DST Systems (NYSE:DST).
Thu, Apr. 28, 7:04 AM
- MSCI (NYSE:MSCI): Q1 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $278.83M (+6.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.69M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:22 AM
- MSCI (NYSE:MSCI): Q4 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $272.89M (+8.7% Y/Y) in-line.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Nov. 2, 2015, 9:40 AM
- The earnings power is too strong to ignore, says UBS upgrading MSCI (MSCI +2.5%) to Buy from Neutral.
- KBW, meanwhile, throws in the towel on its Underperform rating, and upgrades to Market Perform.
- The company late last week cruised past Q3 estimates, with net income rising 24.5% Y/Y to $64.4M, adjusted EBITDA up 26.4%, and adjusted EBITDA margin gaining 740 basis points to 47.9%.
- The board also approved a new $1B share repurchase program.
- The stock's now ahead by about 45% YTD.
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:00 AM
- MSCI (NYSE:MSCI): Q3 EPS of $0.60 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $268.77M (+6.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.9M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Jul. 30, 2015, 7:16 AM
- MSCI (NYSE:MSCI): Q2 EPS of $0.56 in-line.
- Revenue of $270.6M (+6.4% Y/Y) in-line.