Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Wed, Jul. 6, 7:39 AM
Wed, Apr. 6, 6:56 AM
Wed, Jan. 6, 7:12 AM
- MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) reports gross margin rate fell 10 bps to 45.1% in FQ1.
- Adjusted operating margin rate dropped 50 bps to 12.8%.
- FQ2 Guidance: Net sales: $680M to $692M; Average daily sales growth: roughly -3%; Diluted EPS: $0.76 to $0.80.
Nov. 12, 2015, 2:44 PM
- Grainger (GWW -4.7%) sinks after its analyst day presentation includes a warning of a "tough industrial economy" with more of the same ahead for 2016, citing short-term changes in customer behavior and a "competitive landscape [that] continues to evolve."
- GWW says its October daily sales fell 1% Y/Y with organic daily sales declining 2%, driven by a drop in pricing and lower sales of safety products.
- GWW issues in-line guidance for Q4, seeing EPS of $2.20-$2.40 vs. $2.29 analyst consensus estimate on revenues of between -3% and zero to $2.434B-$2.51B vs. $2.46B consensus; for FY 2016, GWW forecasts EPS of $10.70-$12.90 vs. $12.10 consensus with sales growth between -1% and +7%.
- Peers include HD Supply Holdings (HDS -4%), Fastenal (FAST -2.7%) and MSC Industrial (MSM -1.9%).
Jul. 7, 2015, 7:08 AM
- MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) reports gross margin rate declined 87 bps to 45.40%.
- Non-GAAP operating margin rate decreased 90 bps to 14%.
- FQ4 Guidance: Net sales: $735M to $747M; Average daily sales growth: 2%; GAAP & Adjusted EPS: $0.93 to $0.97.
- FQ3 results
Apr. 8, 2015, 8:13 AM
- MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) reports gross margin rate declined 96 bps to 45.42%.
- Non-GAAP operating margin rate fell 140 bps to 12.2%.
- FQ3 Guidance: Net sales: $740M to $752M; Average daily sales growth: 3.6%; GAAP & Adjusted EPS: $0.95 to $0.99.
- MSM -0.48% premarket.
- FQ2 results
Apr. 22, 2013, 11:02 AM
Barnes Group (B -2%) says it's completed the sale of its North American distribution business to MSC Industrial Direct (MSM +0.5%), for approximately $550M in cash. As a result of the sale, B has updated FY13 guidance, saying that it will report the sold unit as discontinued operations beginning with Q1. It now expects FY13 revenue from continuing operations to grow 17% to 20% Y/Y. GAAP EPS are now anticipated to be in the range of $1.71 to $1.86.| Apr. 22, 2013, 11:02 AM
Apr. 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
MSC Industrial (MSM -3.7%) skips the market rally today after its FQ2 missed top line consensus estimates earlier. Net earnings fell 6.6% Y/Y as higher operating costs and weaker margins offset modest revenue growth. The company also forecast its FQ3 to come in below estimates due to soft demand and a lack of midyear price adjustments. It now expects to earn around $0.95 to $0.99 per share, on revenue of $597M to $609M The Street was looking for $1.10 on $633M, respectively.| Apr. 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
Jun. 28, 2012, 7:55 AMMSC Industrial Direct Company (MSM): FQ3 EPS of $1.10 misses by $0.01. Revenue of $612M (+15% Y/Y) misses by $5.3M. Shares -2% premarket. (PR) | Jun. 28, 2012, 7:55 AM
Jun. 5, 2012, 12:04 PMFastenal (FAST) -7.6% after reporting that May net sales grew 13.1%, down from 22.6% last year. Dividend Channel calls the industrial and construction supplies retailer oversold, especially as it ranks the stock highly. Peers W.W. Grainger (GWW -6.5%) and MSC Industrial (MSM -5.%) are also taking a hit. | Jun. 5, 2012, 12:04 PM | 2 Comments