Tue, Jan. 20, 8:24 AM
- Q4 net operating income of $282M or $1.61 per share vs. $228M and $1.61 a year earlier. ROA of 1.18% vs. 1.11%. ROE of 13.55% vs. 12.67%.
- Net interest income of $688M vs. $673M a year ago, with NIM tumbling 46 basis points to 3.10%. Average earning assets jumped $12.9B, with deposits up $6.1B and average investment securities balances up $4.6B. Credit loss provisions of $33M vs. $42M.
- Noninterest income of $452M vs. $446M a year ago.
- Noninterest expense, excluding items of $673M vs. $733M a year ago, partly thanks to last year's $40M legal charge. Efficiency ratio of 59.1% vs. 65.5%.
- Tangible book value per share of $57.06 vs. $52.45 a year earlier. Common equity tier 1 ratio of 9.59%.
- Conference call at 10 ET
- Previously: M&T Bank beats by $0.01, revenue in-line (Jan. 20)
- MTB no trades premarket
Tue, Jan. 20, 8:11 AM
Mon, Jan. 19, 5:30 PM
Oct. 17, 2014, 9:28 AM
- Q3 net operating income of $280M vs. $301M one year ago. NOI per share of $1.94 vs. $2.16.
- Net interest income of $675M vs. $679M a year ago, with NIM of 3.23% down 38 basis points, mostly offset by an $8.1B rise in average earning assets.
- Credit loss provisions of $29M down from $48M. Net charge-offs of $28M down from $48M.
- Noninterest income of $451M vs. $477M a year ago (which benefitted from $56M of realized pre-tax gains on loan securitizations).
- Noninterest expense of $679M vs. $659 a year ago thanks to higher compliance costs. Efficiency ratio deteriorates to 59.7% from 56%.
- Tangible book value per share of $57.10 up 13% Y/Y.
- Conference call at 11 ET
- Previously: M&T Bank misses by $0.04, misses on revenue
- MTB flat premarket
Oct. 17, 2014, 8:19 AM
Oct. 16, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 17, 2014, 8:04 AM
Jul. 16, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 14, 2014, 8:37 AM
- CFO Rene Jones: "Revenue trends for the quarter were dampened by lower than normal levels of customer activity during the first two months of the period followed by a rebound in March."
- Net operating income of $235M or $1.66 per share compares to $285M or $2.06 per share a year ago. Provision for credit losses of $32M falls from $38M. ROTCE of 12.76% falls from 18.71%. Bad loans of $891M or 1.39% of total loans falls from $1.05B or 1.6% of total loans a year ago.
- Noninterest income of $420M slips from $433M a year ago, with mortgage banking revenue off $13M. Noninterest expense of $702M is up from $636M a year ago; excluding non-recurring items, expenses of $692M rose from $618M.
- Tangible BVPS of $53.92 up 17% Y/Y. Tier 1 Common ratio of 9.45% up from 7.93% a year earlier.
- CC at 10 ET
- Press release, Q1 results
- MTB no trades premarket
Apr. 14, 2014, 8:02 AM
Apr. 14, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 17, 2014, 8:35 AM
- Net interest income of $673M slips a bit from Q3, with NIM sliding 5 basis points to 3.56%. It's about unchanged from a year ago.
- Adjusted noninterest income of $446M off 4.7% from last year thanks to tumbling mortgage business. The flip side of higher rates: Servicing revenue increased from Q3 thanks to slower prepayments.
- Adjusted noninterest expense of $693M is up 13.2% from a year ago, largely reflecting costs in complying with new regulations and capital requirements. CEO Rene Jones: "Expenses were elevated by investments in our infrastructure during 2013." Efficiency ratio of 61.9% is up (not good) from 53.6% a year ago.
- Tier 1 common ratio of 9.25% is up 168 basis points from last year.
- CC at 10:30 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- MTB unch premarket
Jan. 17, 2014, 8:07 AM
Jan. 17, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 16, 2014, 5:30 PM
MTB vs. ETF Alternatives
M&T Bank Corp is a New York business corporation and a bank holding company. The Company through subsidiaries provides individuals, corporations and other businesses, and institutions with commercial and retail banking services.
Other News & PR