Thu, Oct. 29, 8:05 AM
Wed, Oct. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Fri, Sep. 11, 8:04 AM
- As a group, the three are higher on the year, but are considerably lower since April 1, with Meritage Homes (NYSE:MTH) off 22%, Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL) 6%, and PulteGroup (NYSE:PHM) 7.8%.
- All three are upgraded to Neutral from Underweight.
- Alongside these moves, JPMorgan also downgraded two other homebuilders.
Wed, Sep. 9, 5:43 PM
Wed, Jul. 29, 7:36 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ANTM, APO, AVY, BAH, BDC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CARB, CBG, CDK, CFR, CHH, CLF, CRI, DATA, DIN, DORM, DXYN, ESIO, ETN, EVER, EXC, FDML, FLY, GCI, GD, GEL, GIB, GRA, GRMN, GT, GTI, HCBK, HES, HLT, HSIC, HSP, HTA, HUM, HUN, IP, IRT, JAH, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MA, MDCO, MO, MTH, MTOR, MVIS, NOC, PAG, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SPIL, SPR, SPW, SSE, STNG, STRA, STRZA, TGI, TRI, UBSI, UMC, VNTV, WEC, WEX, WILN, WOOF
Thu, Apr. 23, 8:05 AM
Thu, Apr. 9, 7:33 AM
- Both PulteGroup (NYSE:PHM) and Meritage Homes (NYSE:MTH) are vulnerable to a pullback after big runs (23% and 36% respectively) over the past six months, says JPMorgan, downgrading both to Underweight from Neutral.
- It's probably not a bad idea to take profits in the entire sector, reckons JPMorgan, calling it "highly unlikely" homebuilders boost gross margin guidance in their upcoming earnings calls.
Thu, Mar. 12, 7:41 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 8:57 AM
- Ahead of investor conferences this week at which the subject will surely come up, Meritage Homes (NYSE:MTH) reports total orders in January of 606 homes, up 48% from a year ago - with orders per community up 20% and the number of active selling communities up 24%.
- West region: Orders up 39%; East region: Orders up 146%, mostly due to the addition of two new markets; Central region: Orders up 6%, including a 15% increase in Houston's average orders per community - so much for the oil slowdown.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Feb. 19, 1:14 PM
- Rising demand driven by strong household formation in 2014 H2 should be tailwind, says the report, and the seven names targeted by the team give investors exposure to "move-up buyers."
- "Y/Y growth in average backlog prices was generally ahead of our assumptions in the most recent round of earnings reports, which suggests to us that the move-up buyer is the demographic where our builders can maintain or raise prices."
- PT changes (mostly thanks to boosted multiples): D.R. Horton (DHI +1.1%) to $28 from $23. Lennar (LEN +0.9%) to $44 from $38. Meritage (MTH -0.5%) to $53 from $42. PulteGroup (PHM +0.8%) to $27 from $23. Ryland (RYL +1.1%) to $53 from $45. Standard Pacific (SPF +0.7%) to $9 from $8. Tri Point Homes (TPH -0.2%) to $18 from $15.
Thu, Jan. 29, 8:16 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Tue, Jan. 20, 9:43 AM
- Hovnanian (HOV -5%), M/I Homes (MHO -3.1%), and Taylor Morrison (TMHC -4.3%) are all cut at JMP Securities, with MHO and TMHC now Market Performs, and HOV now Underperform.
- Credit Suisse, meanwhile, also cuts Taylor Morrison. Alongside, the team downgrades Ryland Group (RYL -3.2%), Meritage Homes (MTH -3.4%), and PulteGroup (PHM -3.3%) to Underperform, noting margin declines (see KB Home and Lennar earnings) and a slowdown in Texas thanks to oil's plunge.
- There's one upgrade, and that's NVR (NVR), which is boosted to Neutral from Underperform at Credit Suisse.
- ETFs: ITB, XHB
- Previously: KB Home: "Work to be done" to meet goals; -12.6% (Jan. 13)
- Previously: Lennar leads homebuilders lower after earnings (Jan. 15)
Tue, Jan. 6, 7:39 AM
Dec. 31, 2014, 3:18 PM
- "We maintain our long-term view that companies with attractive geographic exposures should be outperformers combined with strong capital allocation and timing of land purchases," says analyst Eli Hackel, reiterating Lennar (LEN +1.6%) as a Conviction Buy, while also noting the recent strong momentum for KB Home (NYSE:KBH), Meritage (NYSE:MTH), and Taylor Morrison (NYSE:TMHC).
- While recent housing industry data has turned softer, long-term trends are intact, says Hackel, who - so far - sees little sign lower oil prices are impacting housing in Houston.
Other News & PR