Midatech Pharma PLCNYSE
Tue, Nov. 22, 10:55 AM
- Midatech Pharma (MTP +1.8%) receives an upfront technology access fee and option payment of ₤450K under its agreement with Emergex Vaccines Limited. The deal provides Emergex access to Midatech's gold nanoparticle platform in its development of vaccines for influenza, meningitis, bacterial pneumonia, Ebola, Marburg, Zika and Dengue. It is the first deployment of gold nanoparticles as a conventional vaccine for infectious disease.
- Midatech will also be eligible for milestone payments and sales-based royalties.
Fri, Sep. 2, 8:55 AM
Fri, Sep. 2, 6:12 AM
Wed, Aug. 10, 6:02 AM
Dec. 2, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap DARA BioSciences (NASDAQ:DARA) is up 6% after hours on increased volume in response to the company's announcement that its shareholders have approved the adoption of the merger agreement with Oxford, UK-based Midatech Pharma PLC.
- Under the terms of the agreement, DARA stockholders will receive 0.272 of an Midatech ordinary share for each DARA share plus a Contingent Value Right (CVR) that will pay up to an aggregate of $5.7M if sales milestones for Gelclair and Oravig are met in 2016 and 2017.
- Previously: DARA BioSciences merges with Midatech Pharma; shares up 30% premarket (June 4)
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:44 PM
- DARA Biosciences (NASDAQ:DARA): Q3 EPS of -$0.14 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.18M (+100.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.24M.
Oct. 5, 2015, 9:48 AM
- DARA BioSciences (DARA) launches Oravig (miconazole buccal tablets) in the U.S. for the treatment of adults with oral thrush, a yeast infection of the mouth caused by the Candida fungus.
- The company will directly promote Oravig to the oncology market via its 20-person sales force. Marketing partner Mission Pharmacal Company will promote Oravig to the primary care market through its 40-person force. DARA acquired the U.S. rights from Onxeo S.A. in March.
- Oral thrush can affect people of all ages, but occurs most frequently in those with weakened immune systems. According to IMS, about 22M prescriptions are written each year in the oncology and primary care markets for products to treat the condition. Oravig is the only once-daily local therapy. All others must be administered at least four times each day.
- DARA will support the launch with its "No Coupon, No Co-Pay No Hassles" program will provides for a reduction in or elimination of prescription co-pays by offsetting out-of-pocket expenses for those patients who qualify.
Aug. 12, 2015, 4:40 PM
- DARA Biosciences (NASDAQ:DARA): Q2 EPS of -$0.14 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1M (+143.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.24M.
Jun. 4, 2015, 9:18 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap DARA BioSciences (NASDAQ:DARA) merges with Oxford, UK-based Midatech Pharma PLC (AIM:MTPH). Each share of DARA will be converted into the right to receive 0.272 ordinary shares of Midatech plus one Contingent Value Right (CVR). All Midatech shares will be delivered to DARA stockholders as American Depositary Receipts (ADRs). Based on the current price of Midatech, the deal is worth ~$1.20 per DARA share. DARA shareholders will own ~16% of Midatech after the merger.
- The CVRs will pay an aggregate of $5.7M in cash if sales milestones for DARA's Gelclair and Oravig are met in 2016 and 2017.
- DARA is up 30% premarket on robust volume.
May 13, 2015, 5:10 PM
- DARA Biosciences (NASDAQ:DARA): Q1 EPS of -$0.16 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $0.65M (+306.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.05M.
Apr. 28, 2015, 1:16 PM
- Retrophin (RTRX) initiated with a Buy rating and $50 (120% upside) price target by Deutsche Bank.
- Stemline Therapeutics (STML -0.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $38 (146% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Trillium Therapeutics (TRIL -0.4%) initiated with Outperform rating and $29 (32% upside) price target by Leerink Swann.
- Juniper Pharmaceuticals (JNP -0.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (102% upside) by Roth Capital.
- Radius Health (RDUS -2.8%) initiated with a Buy rating and $50 (35% upside) by Maxim Group.
- DARA Biosciences (DARA +1.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $2 (138% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- UniQure (QURE -2.5%) initiated with a Buy rating and $40 (60% upside) by Chardan Capital.
- NeuroDerm (NDRM -1.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $21 (70% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Bluebird bio (BLUE +1.2%) initiated with Buy rating and $190 (42% upside) price target by Maxim Group.
- Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX -1.9%) initiated with Sell rating and $13 (12% upside) price target by WBB.
Mar. 10, 2015, 9:23 AM
- Dara BioSciences (NASDAQ:DARA) acquires the North American rights to Onxeo S.A.'s (OTC:OXNXF) Oravig (miconazole) buccal tablets for the treatment of oral thrush, a condition where the fungus Candida albicans accumulates on the lining of the mouth. It typically occurs in babies.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Dara will pay Onxeo certain milestone payments based on the achievement of predefined sales thresholds. It will also assume the completion of a pediatric trial that could potentially expand the indications for Oravig.
- Concurrently, Dara consummates a co-promotion agreement with privately-held San Antonio-based Mission Pharmacal Company to co-promote Oravig in the primary care market.
- More than 3M prescriptions are written in the U.S. each year for oral thrush, most within the primary care segment.
Mar. 4, 2015, 10:33 AM
- DARA Biosciences (DARA -12%) Q4 results: Revenues: $0.7M (+999%); Operating Expenses: $2.4M (-7.7%); Net Loss: ($1.6M) (+33.3%).
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $1.9M (+375.0%); Operating Expenses: $11.3M (+3.7%); Net Loss: ($9M) (+10.0%); Quick Assets: $12.1M (+255.9%).
- No guidance given.
Mar. 3, 2015, 4:25 PM
- DARA Biosciences (NASDAQ:DARA): Q4 net loss of $1.65M.
- Revenue of $0.72M (+1340.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.03M.
- Shares +3.2%.
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:28 PM
- DARA Biosciences (NASDAQ:DARA): Q3 EPS of -$0.11
- Revenue of $597.8K (+330.4% Y/Y)
- Shares +8.05%.
Oct. 7, 2014, 9:54 AM
- Menlo Park, CA-based Virobay (VBAY) is set for its IPO of 3.8M shares at $12 - 14.
- The clinical stage biopharmaceutical firm develops drugs based on its cysteine cathepsin platform. Cysteine cathepsins are important enzymes in the biology of many diseases. The company believes that inhibiting these enzymes produces safer, more effective therapies. It currently focuses its efforts on inhibitors of cathepsins S and B.
- Its lead product candidates are cathepsin S inhibitors: VBY-036 for neuropathic pain and Crohn's disease and VBY-891 for psoriasis. Phase 2 development for all three indications should commence in 1H 2015 which means that meaningful product revenues are far in the distance.
- In 2013, the company generated $9.9M in collaboration revenue. Its operating loss was ($2.3M). In 1H 2015, collaboration revenue dropped to $1.1M and the loss from operations increased to ($3.6M).
- Crohn's disease-related tickers: (ABBV -1.6%)(MRK -1.2%)(RDHL +0.4%)(VBLX)(OTCPK:TKPHF)(OTCPK:TKPYY)(CNDO +1.1%)(OTCQB:SNGX)(PSTI +2.3%)
- Neuropathic pain-related tickers: (DARA -4.4%)(AVNR -3.4%)(ZLCS +0.9%)(IPCI -2%)(BLRX -1.9%)(MNOV +0.6%)(PFE -0.3%)(OTCPK:NGSX)
- Psoriasis-related tickers: (DERM -0.5%)(NVS -2.5%)(CELG -1.4%)(LLY -1.3%)(CANF -2.3%)(IDRA -1.4%)(JNJ -0.8%)(XNPT +0.5%)(HSP -0.2%)