M/A-COM: A Semi Name That Can Take The Heat
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
You Can Benefit From M/A-COM's Acquisitive Strategy
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:09 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:29 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Tue, Mar. 8, 7:05 PM
- The sanctions placed by the Commerce Department on U.S. parts/equipment sales to ZTE are just a "temporary setback" for optical component firm Oclaro (OCLR -15.4%), insists Piper's Troy Jensen. He thinks a majority of the Oclaro shipments due for ZTE can be sent to other Chinese equipment makers, and considers Oclaro's revised guidance "extremely conservative."
- Jensen adds the selloff seen today in RF chipmaker M/A-COM (MTSI -4.3%) was also unjustified, given ZTE isn't a major direct customers. Meanwhile, Northland Securities' Tim Savageaux has joined in defending Oclaro, asserting the sanctions are only a short-term issue for the company and that ZTE's optical system rivals will benefit from its woes.
- Oclaro peer Lumentum (LITE -3.3%) has issued a short PR after the close in which it states ZTE accounted for less than 1% of its sales during the first half of FY16 (ends in June), and that recent ZTE business levels "have not been material."
- Earlier: Optical component firms sell off after ZTE hit with sanctions
Fri, Jan. 29, 9:15 AM
Tue, Jan. 26, 4:11 PM
- M/A-COM Tech (NASDAQ:MTSI): FQ1 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $115.8M (+2.8% Y/Y) beats by $2.06M.
Mon, Jan. 25, 5:35 PM
Dec. 15, 2015, 1:39 PM
- Aeroflex, a maker of high-reliability chips for the space and radiation-hardened semi markets, is selling its diode IC business to M/A-COM (MTSI +1.6%) for $38M in cash. With the business having 2014 revenue of $37M, M/A-COM is paying ~1x sales.
- The deal will be financed via cash on hand, and is expected to be accretive to EPS once all integration work is done. M/A-COM declares the purchase extends the company's leadership position in RF and microwave diodes, while allowing it to expand into the market for JAN-certified diodes and transistors.
- The acquisition comes shortly after M/A-COM closed a $60M deal (also all-cash) to buy Japanese optical networking sub-assembly maker FiBest.
Nov. 17, 2015, 4:07 PM
- M/A-COM Tech (NASDAQ:MTSI): FQ4 EPS of $0.34 in-line.
- Revenue of $112.6M (+19.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.39M.
Nov. 16, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jul. 28, 2015, 4:25 PM
- M/A-COM Tech (NASDAQ:MTSI): Q2 EPS of $0.42 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $130.66M (+16.3% Y/Y) beats by $2.42M.
Jul. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ARI, ATML, ATR, ATRC, AXS, BBRG, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CAP, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CTXS, CUZ, DHT, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, ETH, EW, EXAC, EXAM, GAS, GCA, GILD, GPRE, HA, HT, HURN, IACI, IPHI, KIM, LNDC, MTSI, NATI, NCR, NEU, NGD, NUVA, NVDQ, NVMI, OIS, PEI, PNRA, RGR, RNR, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, RUBI, SLCA, SM, SPWR, SSW, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VDSI, VR, VRSK, VRTU, WNC, WRI, WSH, X, YELP
Jul. 16, 2015, 7:14 PM
- A U.S. subsidiary of automotive safety system giant Autoliv (NYSE:ALV) is buying M/A-COM's (NASDAQ:MTSI) automotive module unit for $100M in cash up-front plus up to $30M in earn-out payments through 2019. The deal is expected to close in calendar Q3.
- The M/A-COM unit makes driver-assistance (ADAS) and GPS modules. It accounted for 18% of M/A-COM's FQ2 revenue of $124.9M. The company declares the sale will allow it to "realize its full potential as a pure-play high-performance analog [chip] company," and "significantly accelerate" its progress towards hitting long-term gross margin and op. margin targets of 60% and 30%.
- The announcement comes ahead of Autoliv's Q2 report, due tomorrow morning at 6AM ET. M/A-COM reports on July 28.
Jun. 12, 2015, 1:22 PM
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:50 PM
- M/A-COM Tech (NASDAQ:MTSI): FQ2 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $124.9M (+16.2% Y/Y) beats by $2.74M.
MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc. engages in the provision of semiconductor solutions that enable internet applications, cloud connected apps economy, and modern, networked battlefield across the radio frequency (RF), microwave, millimeterwave, and photonic spectrum. Its products include... More
Industry: Semiconductor - Broad Line
Country: United States