Manitowoc Company, Inc.NYSE
Buy Manitowoc And Receive Its Crane Business For Free
Pluton Research • 10 Comments
Pluton Research • 10 Comments
Manitowoc Company: 'Icahn Lift' To Splitsville
DAG Investments • 30 Comments
DAG Investments • 30 Comments
Wed, Nov. 9, 3:35 PM
- Investors are betting that some big U.S. manufacturers such as Caterpillar (CAT +7.7%) could benefit from possible changes in energy, climate and tax policies in the Trump administration.
- CAT is "looking forward to building those bridges," says VP for global government and corporate affairs Kathryn Dickey Karol, adding that the company is excited about Trump’s calls for improving the U.S. transportation network.
- CAT says it will continue to push for adoption of the Trans-Pacific Partnership during the remaining days of the Obama administration; Martin Richenhagen, Chairman and CEO of farm equipment maker Agco (AGCO +0.9%), says he is concerned about Trump’s repeated support for trade protectionism during the campaign.
- The potential for federal spending boosted the likes of Fluor (FLR +10.1%), Aecom (ACM +12.6%), Jacobs Engineering (JEC +9.8%), Manitowoc (MTW +14.2%), Terex (TEX +14.8%), Vulcan Materials (VMC +9.8%) and Martin Marietta Materials (MLM +11.5%).
- Shares in Deere (DE +1.4%), Paccar (PCAR +4.5%) and Navistar (NAV +7.2%) also are higher.
Tue, Nov. 1, 4:37 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AFG, AGII, AMSG, BFAM, BGFV, BIO, BLKB, BYD, CACC, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAVM, CERN, CHSP, CHUY, CIM, CNO, CSU, CUZ, CYH, DATA, DEI, DENN, DNB, DV, DVN, DXCM, EA, EIX, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ES, ESIO, ETSY, EXTR, FARO, FIVN, FLT, FRPT, FTAI, FTR, GHDX, GILD, HLF, HRZN, HURN, HWAY, HY, ICFI, ILMN, IPHI, JCOM, JIVE, KFRC, KS, LOCK, MOD, MTCH, MTDR, MTW, MXWL, MYGN, NBL, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMED, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PDM, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PRTA, PXD, QUAD, QUOT, REG, RGR, RIGL, RNR, RPAI, RPT, RSPP, SANM, SBAC, SHO, SM, SQ, TCO, TNAV, TNDM, TNET, TRMB, TRNC, TRUP, TSE, TSRA, TTOO, TXRH, ULTI, VECO, VIAV, VRSK, WBMD, WES, WGP, WING, WR, WSTC, WTR, WU, X, XCO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZG
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:59 PM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW) -8.6% AH after reporting preliminary Q3 results indicating net sales fell to ~$350M from $538M in last year's Q3, and a double digit decline in orders and backlog.
- MTW says it expects its Q3 operating loss widened to $134M from an $8M loss in the year-ago quarter; on an adjusted basis, operating losses totaled $31M, vs. a loss of $8M in the same quarter last year.
- MTW says orders and backlog declined by double digits during Q3, with the trends continuing into Q4, causing it to "significantly" reduce production build schedules for Mobile products to reflect lower incoming order rates.
Tue, Aug. 9, 10:01 AM
- Manitowoc (MTW -8.5%) sinks in early trade after announcing its intent to relocate its crawler crane manufacturing operations from Manitowoc, Wisconsin to Shady Grove, Pennsylvania.
- The move is expected to optimize its manufacturing footprint, reduce costs, expand margins and generate annualized pre-tax cost savings of $25M-30M.
- The transition will begin in Q3 with completion anticipated by the middle of 2017.
Tue, Aug. 9, 9:19 AM
Tue, Aug. 9, 9:18 AM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW) -9.3% premarket after reporting in-line Q2 earnings and a 4.2% Y/Y revenue decline, while projecting a 10%-12% revenue decline for the full year, compared with its earlier guidance for roughly flat revenue.
- Says its backlog totaled $394M as of June 30, down from Q1 backlog of $502M.
- MTW says it expects to see market challenges continue and a similar dynamic in sales, with continued strength in tower cranes more than offset by continued weakness in mobile cranes, as "customers remain cautious around spending given the ongoing global macro-economic uncertainty."
- MTW also says it will relocate its crawler-crane manufacturing operations from Manitowoc, Wis., to Shady Grove, Pa., seeking to cut costs.
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:37 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 4:52 PM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:35 PM
- AMPH, APLE, ARNA, ATSG, BKD, BLCM, BOJA, BWXT, CAI, CC, CLDX, CLNY, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CSLT, CUI, CVG, DTSI, DVA, EGN, EGY, ELNK, ENDP, ENV, FNV, HTZ, ICUI, IFF, IPHI, JPEP, KITE, LC, LXU, MAIN, MBI, MCHP, MODN, MTW, MXL, NCMI, NILE, NPTN, NUAN, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, ONDK, OPK, OTTR, PFSW, PHH, PKY, PNM, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, RARE, RAX, RBA, RBC, REN, RMTI, ROG, RPD, RSPP, RWT, SHO, SINA, SREV, TUBE, TVIA, TWLO, VSLR, WB, WBMD, ZLTQ
Wed, May 18, 10:10 AM
- Barclays ups Manitowoc's (MTW +0.3%) price target to $5 from $4, while maintaining its "equal weight" rating on the stock.
- "A more focused MTW, some sales growth, but same structural headwinds. Sales increased by 5% year-over-year largely on improved residential and non-residential construction markets in Europe driving tower crane sales," the firm wrote in a note.
- "The company's 2016 outlook for 4% margin growth is "certainly something" the assets can produce, but would require Q2 and Q3 to be seasonally stronger than last year.
Wed, May 4, 6:58 PM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW): Q1 EPS of -$0.04 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $427.4M (+5.1% Y/Y) beats by $61.67M.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, May 3, 5:32 PM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW) names David Antoniuk as its new CFO, effective May 31, replacing Carl Laurino, who is resigning to pursue other opportunities.
- Antoniuk joins MTW from Colorcon, where he served as VP and CFO.
- Laurino joined MTW in 2000 after spending 15 years in the commercial banking industry.
Tue, Apr. 26, 9:16 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 2:57 PM
- Manitowoc (MTW +5.4%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $6 price target at Stifel following meetings with new CEO Barry Pennypacker at the Bauma Trade Show, leading the firm to feel encouraged by opportunities that are under the company's control.
- Stifel says MTW has strong brand recognition and leading distribution, which the firm expects to become more apparent as operations improve, and says management indicated it is working on achieving double-digit operating margins.
- MTW had announced plans in January to achieve cost savings of $35M-$45M over the next three years, which Stifel thinks could prove conservative, and has announced plans for further cost actions to right-size its business, including plant rationalization and headcount reduction, which could yield savings that catch investors by surprise.
- Now read Credit Suisse has a list of 11 contrarian picks