Wed, May 25, 12:59 PM
- Dycom (DY +13.9%) surges after the specialty contracting company easily beat FQ3 earnings and revenue estimates and offered above consensus guidance.
- DY issued upside guidance for FQ4, seeing EPS of $1.40-$1.60 vs. $1.36 analyst consensus estimate, and FQ4 revenues of $750M-$780M vs. $730.8M consensus.
- DY said total revenue growth accelerated in FQ4, up 35%, including a 29% gain on an organic basis.
- DA Davidson analysts say the growth appears to reflect increasing demand for fiber optic installation and other construction services from telecom network providers, with DY well positioned to capitalize on the demand as the largest provider of these services (Briefing.com).
- Other providers of specialty contracting services are higher: PWR +3.4%, MTZ +3.4%, WPCS +5.5%.
May 13, 2015, 5:41 PM
May 12, 2015, 10:14 AM
- MasTec (MTZ -13%) shares have taken a plunge after Q1 results heavily missed profit estimates.
- "We had a difficult start to 2015," said CEO Jose Mas, blaming tough winter weather and the weak Canadian dollar.
- Adjusted net income from continuing operations was $5.6M, or $0.07 per share vs. $18.2M, or $0.21 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
Mar. 18, 2015, 12:45 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 12:59 PM
Jun. 30, 2014, 2:58 PM
- MasTec (MTZ +3.6%) says it acquired Pacer Construction Holdings and its affiliated operating companies for ~$126M in cash plus a five-year contingent earn-out.
- Pacer is a contractor in western Canada which focuses on infrastructure construction supporting the oil and gas production/processing, mining and transportation industries.
- MTZ also says it amended its senior secured credit facility, increasing aggregate borrowing commitments to $1B from $750M.
Jun. 2, 2014, 12:51 PM
- MasTec (MTZ -10.8%) shares plunge after the infrastructure construction company over the weekend lowered its outlook for Q2 earnings and revenue.
- MTZ now sees Q2 EPS of $0.40 from $0.53 earlier and Q2 revenues of ~$1.1B vs. prior $1.15B-$1.2B, expecting results to be hurt by new and unexpected delays in the wireless project spending activity as well as weaker than anticipated oil and gas segment results.
- More downside guidance could be in store; although management did not lower guidance for H2 2014, the door was left open to do so on the Q2 conference call.
Jun. 2, 2014, 9:16 AM
Jan. 10, 2013, 2:18 PMShares of China Ming Yang Wind Power (MY +35.2%) soar as China reportedly plans to double its 2013 wind power capacity from last year and is aiming for 10 GW of installed power, up from 7 GW at year-end 2012. Also: BWEN +3.8%, FAN +2.9%, OPTT +1.4%, TRN +0.3%, MTZ +0.2%, KDN +0.1%. | Jan. 10, 2013, 2:18 PM
Aug. 2, 2012, 6:03 PMMasTec (MTZ): Q2 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.02. Revenue of $992M (+38% Y/Y) beats by $91M. Shares +9.5% AH. (PR) | Aug. 2, 2012, 6:03 PM | 1 Comment
Mar. 1, 2012, 10:08 AM
Dec. 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Shares of MasTec (MTZ +7%) take a turn north after announcing it tacks on $75M to its stock repurchase program. The addition brings the firm's authorization to purchase shares up to $150M.| Dec. 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Dec. 2, 2011, 10:31 AM
Infrastructure contractor MasTec (MTZ +4.5%) moves up after saying it's secured an extension of its wireless contract work with its single largest customer for an another three years, naming it a primary vendor for its prior markets and a secondary vendor in two new markets.| Dec. 2, 2011, 10:31 AM
Nov. 3, 2011, 5:22 PM
Infrastructure contractor MasTec (MTZ) falls 13.3% AH after reporting Q3 results. Though revenue of $865.3M beat by $89M and was up 39% Y/Y, EPS of $0.36 was only in-line, and up just a penny from the year-ago period. MasTec attributes this margin decline to bad weather in the Marcellus Shale Basin, which has continued in Q4, and weak margins in its wireless business.| Nov. 3, 2011, 5:22 PM
Sep. 27, 2011, 1:26 PM
Unitek Global Services (UNTK +15%) jumps after being initiated at Wunderlich with a buy, calling it an infrastructure play similar to MasTec (MTZ +3.5%) as it was five or six years ago. Wunderlich says the company has "a national presence, a unique shared services model, an excellent reputation, experienced management team, and over 5,000 employees."| Sep. 27, 2011, 1:26 PM
Aug. 26, 2011, 3:23 PMFBR thinks some engineering and construction firms will gain from Irene's impact. Pike Electric (PIKE +5.5%), a provider of emergency response services for electric utilities, is expected to benefit, as are contractors Quanta Services (PWR +4.7%), MasTec (MTZ +5.7%), Dycom (DY +5.4%), UniTek (UNTK +8.1%), and EMCOR (EME +3.4%). | Aug. 26, 2011, 3:23 PM