Monster Worldwide Update: Mea Maxima Culpa
Jeremy Raper • 17 Comments
Jeremy Raper • 17 Comments
Oct. 10, 2014, 1:08 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 12:19 PM
- In addition to missing Q2 estimates, Monster (NYSE:MWW) is guiding for Q3 EPS of $0.00-$0.04, below a $0.10 consensus.
- Shares losses to LinkedIn (saw 49% Q2 Talent Solutions growth) continue taking a toll: North American careers revenue rose 1% Y/Y to $110.3M, international careers fell 5% to $68.3M, and online ads/fees fell 13% to $15.9M.
- Op. margin fell to 7.1% from 11%, and $12M was spent on buybacks. Monster says it has "realigned" its North American and European salesforces to "support our new product strategy and ensure the breadth and depth of our new product offerings will be fully utilized by our global customers."
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 5, 2014, 9:17 AM
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:40 AM
- Monster (NYSE:MWW): Q2 EPS of $0.08 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $194.44M (-2.8% Y/Y) misses by $4.36M.
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
May 1, 2014, 2:14 PM
- Shares of Monster Worldwide (MWW -20%) dive after the company misses with its Q1 report and issues guidance below estimates.
- Monster see Q2 EPS of $0.07-$0.11 vs. $0.12 consensus.
- Execs will hold a strategy briefing on May 14 to update investors on Monster's business plan.
May 1, 2014, 12:48 PM
May 1, 2014, 7:34 AM
- Monster (MWW): Q1 EPS of $0.08 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $198.15M (-6.5% Y/Y) misses by $2.71M.
Feb. 24, 2014, 2:53 PM
- Monster Worldwide (MWW +3.4%) announces it acquired social profile site TalentBin and social jobs aggregator Goziak in separate transactions.
- Financial terms weren't disclosed. The deals closed in Q1.
- The company plans to release more details on how the properties will fit into its corporate strategy at an investor meeting schedule for May.
Feb. 10, 2014, 9:55 AM
Feb. 7, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Stock index futures give back some gains following the lower-than-forecast payrolls number for January.
- The 10-year Treasury drops a few basis points from shortly before the print to 2.71%, while the 2-year is down just a hair to 0.32%.
- The unemployment rate is officially at its lowest rate in five years at 6.6%.
- The labor force participation rate rose to 63.0% from a previous level last month of 62.8%. A year ago the rate stood at 63.6%.
- Average hourly earnings rose 0.2% M/M and the average workweek was unchanged at 34.4 hours.
- Staffing stocks could be more active today than normal after the read on unemployment. On watch: ASGN, MAN, KFRC, RHI, DHX, MWW, KELYA, TBI, BBSI, AHS.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, GSY, DTYL, SCHO, LBND, SCHR, ITE, TYD, DTUL, TYBS, TENZ, DTUS, SST, TUZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:46 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 9:39 AM
Feb. 6, 2014, 9:15 AM
Feb. 6, 2014, 7:34 AM
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (MWW): Q4 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $199M (-5.7% Y/Y) beats by $3.41M.
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:05 AM
- AAP, ADS, AET, AINV, ALR, AMAG, AMSC, AOL, AZN, BCE, BDC, BR, CFX, CMI, CS, CSL, DNKN, DO, EXC, FLO, FOXA, GBDC, GM, GPK, HCLP, HERO, HLSS, INGR, IT, K, KKR, MDSO, MMS, MNK, MPW, MSCI, MWIV, MWW, NBL, NGD, NILE, NJR, NU, NUS, NVDQ, NYT, ODFL, OZM, PENN, PPL, PRGO, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SALE, SBH, SEE, SIAL, SMG, SNA, SNE, SPH, SPR, TDC, TEVA, TW, USG, VMC, WEC
Monster Worldwide, Inc. provides online employment solutions. The company operates through the following segments: Careers-North America and Careers-International. Its services and solutions include searchable job postings, resume database access, recruitment media solutions throughout network... More
Industry: Advertising Agencies
Country: United States