Myriad Genetics: Is The Correction An Investing Opportunity
Andy Batts • 19 Comments
Andy Batts • 19 Comments
Myriad Genetics' Wild Ride: False Assumptions Whipsaw Stock
Joshua Anderson • 24 Comments
Joshua Anderson • 24 Comments
Jun. 12, 2015, 5:37 PM
May 5, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN): FQ3 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $179.99M (-1.6% Y/Y) misses by $3.35M.
- Shares -0.46%.
May 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AGU, AIZ, ALL, AMRS, AMSG, ANAD, ANDE, ARC, ATSG, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BRDR, CENT, CERS, CLUB, COUP, CRAY, CSU, CTL, CVG, CYH, DK, DKL, DLR, DTLK, DVN, EA, ENPH, EXAM, FISV, FOSL, FTR, GCA, GHDX, GMED, GNMK, GPOR, GRPN, HK, HLF, HRZN, IAG, ICUI, IGTE, IRWD, JIVE, KAR, KGC, KONA, LC, MHLD, MM, MYGN, MYL, NDLS, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OUT, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PBPB, PKD, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, RUBI, SBRA, SCTY, SKUL, SLF, SM, SPA, SUPN, TEG, TMH, TNET, TRNX, TSRA, TTGT, USNA, VVUS, WAGE, WES, WGP, WR, WSR, WSTC, WTR, WTW, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZLTQ, ZU
Apr. 1, 2015, 8:50 AM
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN) and AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) expand their companion diagnostic collaboration using Myriad's BRACAnalysis CDx test to prospectively identify patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer who may respond to treatment with AZN's Lynparza (olaparib).
- BRACAnalysis CDx is an in vitro diagnostic device that detects and classifies variants of BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes using genomic DNA from whole blood specimens. The FDA approved it in December 2014 as a companion diagnostic for Lynparza for ovarian cancer.
Mar. 17, 2015, 8:53 AM
- In an expansion of their partnership that began in 2013, BioMarin Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BMRN) will use Myriad Genetics' (NASDAQ:MYGN) myChoice HRD companion diagnostic test to prospectively identify patients with metastatic breast, ovarian, and other cancers that may be sensitive to talazoparib. Financial terms are not disclosed.
- Talazoparib is an investigational poly-ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor being developed by BioMarin. PARP plays a key role in DNA repair by detecting and initiating repair if a DNA strand breaks. PARP inhibitors interfere with DNA repair in cancer cells so those with deficient DNA repair pathways, like those with BRCA mutations, are sensitive to PARP inhibitors which eventually leads to cell death.
- Myriad's myChoice HRD is a homologous recombination deficiency test that can detect when a tumor has lost its ability to repair breaks in double-stranded DNA, which makes it susceptible to PARP inhibitors and platinum drugs.
Feb. 24, 2015, 4:56 PM
Feb. 4, 2015, 9:13 AM
Feb. 3, 2015, 5:37 PM
Feb. 3, 2015, 5:11 PM
- Peter Meldrum, Myriad's (NASDAQ:MYGN) CEO for the last 24 years, plans to retire at the end of FY15 (ends June '15). Myriad Genetic Laboratories president Mark Capone will succeed him. Meldrum is 67, and Capone 52.
- Though it beat FQ2 estimates, Myriad is guiding for FY15 revenue of $730M-$740M and EPS of $1.50-$1.55, below a consensus of $796.1M and $1.85. FQ3 guidance is for revenue of $180M-$185M and EPS of $0.38-$0.40, below a consensus of $212.3M and $0.57.
- The company blames "a lag in obtaining private reimbursement coverage for Vectra DA, a delay in Medicare reimbursement for Prolaris, an increase in work-in-process, and the timing of certain contracts in the pharmaceutical and clinical services segment."
- Shares have fallen to $32.05 AH.
- FQ2 results, PR
Feb. 3, 2015, 4:10 PM
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN): FQ2 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $184.39M (-9.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.98M.
Feb. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jan. 21, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN) will report fiscal Q2 results on February 3 after the close. The conference call will begin at 4:30 pm ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.35 on revenues of $183.4M.
Dec. 19, 2014, 12:33 PM
Dec. 17, 2014, 4:30 PM
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit finds that three of the patents covering DNA-based BRC1 and BRCA2 tests asserted by Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN) against privately-held reference laboratory Ambry Genetics do not contain subject matter eligible for patent protection. In an opinion posted today on its docket, the court says, "Myriad did not create or alter any of the genetic information encoded in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. The location and order of the nucleotides existed in nature before Myriad found them."
- Myriad sued Ambry in 2013 soon after Ambry began offering the tests subsequent to the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court stating that genomic sequences cannot be patented.
- MYGN is unchanged in after hours trading.
Nov. 4, 2014, 4:13 PM
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN): FQ1 EPS of $0.25 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $164.51M (-18.7% Y/Y) misses by $10.48M.
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADEP, AMRS, ATVI, AWAY, AXLL, BIO, BIOL, BIRT, CALD, CBSO, CDXS, CERS, CHUY, CKEC, COHR, CORT, COUP, CRTO, CSU, DOX, DVN, ENPH, EXAM, EXEL, FANG, FEYE, FOXA, FRGI, GAS, GHDX, HR, ITRI, IVR, JAZZ, JIVE, JKHY, JMBA, KAR, MITT, MOSY, MPO, MYGN, NP, NRP, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PACD, PAYC, PBPB, PCYC, PEGA, PHH, PRI, PXD, PZZA, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, SBAC, SN, SPA, SQNM, TMH, TNET, TRIP, TTGT, TWO, TWOU, TX, UIL, WPX, XEC, XNPT, ZAGG, ZU
Myriad Genetics, Inc. is a molecular diagnostic company, which focuses on developing and marketing novel predictive and personalized medicines and prognostic medicine tests. It operates through the following segments: Research, Molecular Diagnostics and Companion Diagnostics. The Research... More
Industry: Research Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR