Northern Dynasty Minerals LtdNYSEMKT
Fri, Dec. 9, 2:10 PM
Fri, Dec. 9, 9:19 AM
Thu, Dec. 8, 2:05 PM
Wed, Dec. 7, 2:00 PM
Fri, Dec. 2, 2:00 PM
Fri, Dec. 2, 12:42 PM
Fri, Dec. 2, 12:05 PM
- Overstuffed bears are taking some profits in gold and silver today as the strong November jobs report confirms what most already knew - the economy is cruising along and a rate cut is coming this month.
- Gold is higher by 0.6% and sliver by 1.5%.
- The precious metals miner ETFs: GDX +3.7%, SIL +4.1%
- Barrick Gold (ABX +5.3%), Newmont Mining (NEM +3.7%), Goldcorp (GG +2.4%), Silver Wheaton (SLW +2.9%), First Majestic (AG +10%), Continental Gold (OTCQX:CGOOF +7.9%), Detour Gold (OTCPK:DRGDF +11.1%), Northern Dynasty (NAK +16%)
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDJJ, GDXX, GDXS, MELT, SIL, SLVP, SILJ
Wed, Nov. 23, 9:16 AM| Wed, Nov. 23, 9:16 AM | 3 Comments
Fri, Nov. 18, 2:00 PM
Wed, Nov. 16, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: GLBS +58%. SINO +45%. GSL +39%. DCIX +39%. STEM +30%. ESEA +22%. SHIP +20%. NM +19%. DAC +19%. ORIG +19%. LEI +18%. TOPS +16%. NMM +18%. SB +15%. SBLK +11%. DSX +9%. JKS +9%. GNK +9%. YRD +7%. TGT +8%. GOGL 8%. EGLE 6%. SAEX 7%. RPRX 7%. NNA 7%. HTBX 7%. NAK 6%.
- Losers: PDLI -15%. LNTH -11%. FLXN -9%. AQMS -7%. VSAT -6%. SID -5%.
Wed, Aug. 17, 2:03 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 12:45 PM
Thu, Jan. 14, 2:59 PM
- The EPA’s independent inspector general finds no evidence of bias or predetermination in the agency’s effort to review the potential impacts of Northern Dynasty Minerals' (NAK -11.9%) proposed Pebble mine in Alaska.
- The inspector general says an EPA employee may have acted inappropriately in helping tribes submit a petition to stop the mine, though the petition was not initially successful.
- The report marks a major step in a years-long fight over the potential mine that has been subject to calls of federal overreach by the company; NAK calls the inspector general report a "whitewash."
Oct. 8, 2015, 6:48 PM
- Northern Dynasty Minerals' (NYSEMKT:NAK) proposed Pebble mine in Alaska never received a fair hearing at the EPA, which vetoed what could have been the largest U.S. copper and gold mine before NAK could file proper permits or the Army Corps of Engineers could evaluate the project, according to a report released this week by former Secretary of Defense William Cohen.
- Cohen says the EPA has authority to issue a pre-emptive veto - although the agency had never done so in the 43-year history of the Clean Water Act - but that the EPA’s decision to ignore regular procedure led to basic flaws in science and procedure, making a fair evaluation impossible.
- The Pebble Partnership is suing the EPA over what it says is an abuse of the agency's regulatory authority.
Sep. 25, 2014, 10:27 AM
- Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK +3.8%) reports the U.S. federal court in Alaska has said it will not rule on the EPA's attempt to use a regulatory provision to block Pebble Mine from being built until at least Jan. 2, 2015, and that the EPA would not to attempt to advance its regulatory process using the Clean Water Act until the date set by the judge.
- The EPA is trying to protect the area’s salmon fisheries in Bristol Bay from the risks posed by large-scale mining at the Pebble deposit, while the mine's developers say the agency’s study is biased.
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:59 AM
- The EPA is asking a federal judge to dismiss as premature a lawsuit by the Northern Dynasty-led (NYSEMKT:NAK) group behind the proposed Pebble Mine.
- In a court filing, EPA attorneys say the agency has not made a final determination yet on potential restrictions on development on the Pebble deposit.
- The Pebble partnership sued EPA earlier this year, alleging the agency had exceeded its authority by invoking a process through which it could restrict or prohibit development of the Pebble deposit before the project has gone through permitting.