Brendan Rose • 16 Comments
Wed, Jul. 27, 12:44 PM
Dec. 2, 2014, 11:24 AM
- Stifel has upgraded Nanometrics (NASDAQ:NANO) to Buy, and set an $18 target. The firm thinks Nanometrics will benefit from strong 2015 memory capex (previous), and also believes it could be an acquisition target.
- The chip equipment industry has already seen plenty of consolidation. Nanometrics' market cap is currently $382M, making it relatively easy for a bigger player to digest.
Feb. 3, 2014, 9:45 AM
- Zynga (ZNGA -2%) has been cut to Underperform by BofA/Merrill. Shares flew higher last week after Zynga announced a Q4 beat, major layoffs, and the acquisition of mobile game developer NaturalMotion.
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW +1.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wells Fargo.
- Chip equipment makers Applied Materials (AMAT -0.5%), KLA-Tencor (KLAC -1.3%), and Lam Research (LRCX -1.7%) have been cut to Sector Perform by RBC. Lam posted an FQ2 beat last week; KLA delivered an FQ2 EPS beat the week before.
- Nanometrics (NANO -5%) has been cut to Sector Perform by RBC.
- Sungy Mobile (GOMO +3.8%) has been started at Outperform by Oppenheimer.
Oct. 30, 2013, 9:48 AM
- Electronic Arts (EA +11%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy from Hold by Needham after beating FQ2 estimates and issuing solid FY14 guidance.
- LSI (LSI +3.1%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Morgan Stanley a week after posting mixed Q3 results.
- Nanometrics (NANO +17.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Pac Crest in the wake of its Q3 beat.
- InvenSense (INVN -16.1%) has been cut to Neutral by Roth after issuing below-consensus FQ3 guidance to go with an FQ2 beat.
- Cyan (CYNI -26.3%) has been cut to Hold by Jefferies after issuing weak Q4/2014 guidance to go with a Q3 beat.
- Digital Realty (DLR -13.1%) has been cut to Market Perform by Raymond James after posting mixed Q3 results and issuing soft Q4/2014 FFO guidance. Off in sympathy: EQIX -1.1%. DFT -2.7%.
Sep. 9, 2013, 9:40 AM
- Expedia (EXPE +3.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Lazard.
- Brocade (BRCD +3.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by RBC.
- NetApp (NTAP +1.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by UBS.
- Micron (MU +1%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Susquehanna.
- LTX-Credence has been upgraded to Buy by Craig-Hallum.
- Open Text (OTEX +1.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Paradigm Capital.
- Nanometrics (NANO +6.1%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Piper.
- InterActiveCorp (IACI -0.5%) has been cut to Hold by Canaccord.
- Multimedia Games (MGAM -2.2%) has been cut to Neutral by Janney.
Jul. 30, 2013, 6:25 PM
- Nanometrics (NANO) Q2 beats across the board, but total sales declined by 35% Y/Y.
- Gross margin was 41.9% compared to 42.7% in the prior quarter and 46.6% in the year-ago period.
- Looking forward, the company sees Q3 coming in between $36M - $40M, below Street estimates for $46.4M. Non-GAAP losses are expected to be around $0.14 to $0.03, also below consensus for a $0.04 gain.
- Shares -8% AH.
Jan. 7, 2013, 9:57 AM
Applied Materials (AMAT -2.5%) slides after receiving a downgrade to Underweight from JPMorgan's Chris Blansett: he considers AMAT's recent rally a selling opportunity, and predicts upcoming earnings and capex guidance for major chipmakers will be a negative for the chip equipment space. Blansett, who's also cutting estimates for KLA-Tencor (KLAC -1.7%), Lam Research (LRCX -1.3%), and Nanometrics (NANO -1.5%), sees chip equipment spending falling 10%-15% in 2013; Gartner has forecast a 9.7% drop, following a 17.4% decline in 2012.| Jan. 7, 2013, 9:57 AM | 1 Comment
Jul. 26, 2012, 6:14 PMNanometrics (NANO): Q2 EPS of $0.13 beats by $0.07. Revenue of $53.2M (-17.4% Y/Y) beats by $1.28M. Shares -2.9% AH. (PR) | Jul. 26, 2012, 6:14 PM
Apr. 26, 2012, 6:05 PMNanometrics (NANO): Q1 EPS of $0.12 misses by $0.01. Revenue of $55M (-11% Y/Y) beats by $1M. Shares -4.8% AH. (PR) | Apr. 26, 2012, 6:05 PM
Dec. 15, 2011, 11:47 AM
Lam Research's (LRCX -3.7%) proposed acquisition (I, II) of Novellus (NVLS +21.1%) is giving a lift to several of the companies' peers, as investors hope the merger of the third and fourth largest U.S. chip equipment makers will spur further consolidation in the downtrodden industry. UTEK +5.8%. CYMI +4.1%. NANO +3.7%. KLIC +4.6%. ASMI +3.3%. AIXG +3.5%. MKSI +3.2%.| Dec. 15, 2011, 11:47 AM
Oct. 28, 2011, 8:12 AM
Nanometrics (NANO) falls 17.7% premarket after beating EPS estimates by a penny on Q3 revenue of $58M (+7.6% Y/Y). Hitting shares hard is the "significant pause" in spending by manufacturers of semiconductors and LEDs that the company points to as it guides Q4 revenue down to a range of $40M-$44M and slots EPS in at $0.01-$0.07.| Oct. 28, 2011, 8:12 AM