Apr. 6, 2015, 12:44 PM
Feb. 27, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Nathan's Famous (NATH +8.4%) pops on strong volume after announcing it will float some notes in order to pay out a special dividend.
- Those paying attention in the premarket hours had a chance to jump in before the rally came on full force.
- Previously: Special dividend tipped off at Nathan's Famous (Feb. 27 2015)
Feb. 18, 2015, 10:46 AM
- Restaurants stocks are out-performing as a group after Jack in the Box, Qdboa, Tim Hortons, and Burger King all reported comparable-restaurant sales momentum this week.
- The recent round of earnings from the sector has confirmed analyst predictions of a benefit from lower gas prices in the U.S.
- The developments have also made the recent performance by McDonald's ((NYSE:MCD) -0.2%) look even more anemic.
- Previously: Let's talks $2 gas (Nov. 29 2014)
- Previously: Restaurant sales show sharp increase in January (Feb. 11 2015)
- Leading gainers: Jack in the Box (NASDAQ:JACK) +6.0%, BJ's Restaurants (NASDAQ:BJRI) +3.6%, Sonic (NASDAQ:SONC) +2.6%, Texas Roadhouse (NASDAQ:TXRH) +2.2%, Brinker International (NYSE:EAT) +2.1%, Luby's (NYSE:LUB) +2.0%, Wendy's (NASDAQ:WEN) +1.5%, Cheesecake Factory (NASDAQ:CAKE) +1.4%, Nathan's Famous (NASDAQ:NATH) +1.3%, Ark Restaurants (NASDAQ:ARKR) +1.3%.
Dec. 4, 2012, 9:09 AM
The restaurant sector is on watch after a profit warning from Darden Restaurants points to weakness, not in Europe or China, but at home in the U.S. While increased promotional activity in the sector is behind part of the slip from Darden, the bigger question is why are sales so weak for big players if consumer confidence is supposedly bouncing back?| Dec. 4, 2012, 9:09 AM | 12 Comments
Jul. 16, 2012, 10:08 AMShares of a number of restaurant chain operators trade lower after Piper Jaffray hits Panera Bread and Sonic (SONC -4.6%) with harsh two-level downgrades. Though analysts with Piper cite specific execution risks at both companies, the sentiment in the actions seems to have filtered down to hit smaller-sized names in the sector. BAGL -2.7%, THI -2.5%, NATH -2.6%, CBOU -2.3%, PZZI -3.3%, DPZ -1.7%. | Jul. 16, 2012, 10:08 AM
Dec. 5, 2011, 6:28 PM
Shares of Nathan's Famous (NATH) are up post-trading after the company announces a modified Dutch Auction tender offer to purchase up to 500K shares of its common stock at a price per share of not less than $20.00 or greater than $22.00. Shares +9.5% AH.| Dec. 5, 2011, 6:28 PM