Norwegian Cruise Line Has The Best Fleet In The Industry
Activist Stocks • 13 Comments
Activist Stocks • 13 Comments
Fri, Jul. 15, 2:27 AM
- Eight months after a murderous rampage in Paris, a deadly attack in the French coastal city of Nice has killed at least 84 people and wounded scores.
- The "terrorist" gunman, described as a French national of Tunisian descent, drove a heavy truck at high speed into a crowd that had been watching Bastille Day fireworks along the Riviera.
- Equities are trading lower, weighed down by travel and tourism stocks, in yet another terror driven selloff.
- CAC 40 -0.6% to 4,358.
- Related tickers: EXPE -2.4%, PCLN -1%, TRIP -1%, NCLH -3%, RCL -2.5%, CCL -0.2%, AAL -1.4%, UAL -1.2%, DAL -1.5%.
Thu, Jul. 14, 10:29 AM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH +0.7%) CEO Frank Del Rio issued some positive insight on trends in the cruise line sector during an interview with TheStreet.
- The exec cited ticket price increases and strong demand in emerging markets as two positive factors amid a tough year headlined by Brexit and terrorism incidents.
- Del Rio's outlook: "It's a very resilient industry, and we are marching through these difficult periods. But fundamentally I see the American consumer, even the European consumer, being strong."
- Related stocks: CUK, CCL, RCL.
Mon, Jun. 27, 10:04 AM
- Worries over the economic fallout of Brexit intensified in London today after easyJet (OTCQX:ESYJY) said the Brexit vote will likely lead to “additional economic and consumer uncertainty” over the summer - a key time for cruise operators.
- Carnival (CCL -4%), Royal Caribbean (RCL -4%), Norwegian Cruise (NCLH -3.1%), Lindblad (LIND +2%)
Tue, Jun. 7, 9:16 AM
- Sterne Agee CRT launches coverage on Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NASDAQ:NCLH) with a Buy rating.
- The investment firm lines up a price target of $60 on the stock.
- The Wall Street scorecard on NCLH includes 14 Buy ratings and a single Hold rating. There isn't a Sell rating to be found. A contrarian play on the Wall Street consensus on the cruise line sector was presented last month by Dane Capital Management with a bullish article on Lindblad Expeditions Holdings (NASDAQ:LIND).
Tue, May 10, 9:16 AM
Tue, May 10, 7:17 AM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NASDAQ:NCLH) reports adjusted net yield rose 3.6% on a constant currency basis in Q1 to $212.42.
- Passenger ticket revenue increased 10% to $740.11M.
- The occupancy rate during the quarter was up 140 bps to 107.4%.
- On the expense side, fuel price per metric ton was down 17% Y/Y.
- The cruise line operator discloses that its current booked position for 2016 is on par with last year's levels and at higher prices.
- NCLH +5.93% premarket to $52.17.
- Previously: Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (May 10)
Tue, May 10, 7:05 AM
Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM| Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Thu, May 5, 7:31 AM
- Dane Capital Management tips off that Lindblad (NASDAQ:LIND) is now booking cruises to Cuba. An official announcement from the company hasn't been made yet.
- While the cruise line operator is ignored by Wall Street firms, Dane notes it trades at an attractive valuation to peers and is well-positioned to benefit from the Cuban travel market.
- Lindblad announces Q1 earnings tomorrow.
- Related stocksL CCL, RCL, NCLH, CUK.
Fri, Apr. 22, 3:04 PM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH -2.3%) announces it received notification that Cuban citizens will be allowed to take cruise ships in and out of the country without regard to their migratory status,
- The directive will also allow U.S. citizens to take cruise ships into Cuba.
- The company is in talks with Cuban officials over when it can begin to offer service to the island nation.
- Now read Everything You Need To Know About Investing In Cuba
Mon, Apr. 18, 5:40 PM
Wed, Apr. 13, 10:39 AM
- The travel sector will face some near-term challenges as companies expand into Cuba, according to analysis from Moody's.
- Cruise line operators (CCL, RCL, NCLH) face limited port infrastructure in Cuba which will limit growth. Larger ship trips are unlikely until considerable construction is taken up.
- Hotel chains (MAR, HOT) looking to bring well-known brands to the island also infrastructure issues. Government-controlled employee compensation is also in the mix.
- Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN) appears to be in a better position to benefit from travel to Cuba with its simpler business model.
Tue, Mar. 22, 8:30 AM
- Travel-related stocks are down sharply following the terror attacks in Belgium at a metro station and the international airport.
- The latest report indicates 26 people were killed and 130 were injured from the explosions.
- Notable movers in premarket trading include Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN) -2.26%, Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE) -3.1%, Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) -2.5%, Carnival (NYSE:CCL) -2.4%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) -3.6%, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NASDAQ:NCLH) -2.0%, Royal Caribbean (NYSE:RCL) -2.4%, Tripadvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) -1.6%.
- Previously: Brussels Airport, metro stations rocked by explosions (March 22)
- Previously: Futures lower after terrorist attacks in Brussels (March 22)
Thu, Mar. 17, 10:52 AM
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey upgrades Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH +1.7%) to a Buy rating after having the cruise line stock stalled in Neutral.
- The investment firm increases its price target on NCLH to $64 from $57.
- Wall Street has a high opinion on the potential for Norwegian to break higher. 11 out of 12 analysts have shares rated at Buy/Overweight/Outperform.
Fri, Mar. 11, 2:55 PM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NASDAQ:NCLH) announces it will reduce the size of its board of directors to nine members from eleven following the resignation of Kevin Crowe and Karl Peterson.
- The two resignations don't involve a disagreement with the company.
- Shares of the cruise line operator are down 17% YTD.
Tue, Feb. 23, 11:28 AM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH +7.2%) trades higher after issuing a positive outlook for bookings to the Caribbean, Alaska, and Bermuda.
- The company says its strong booked position has continued into the Wave season and there are encouraging early trends for 2017.
- Norwegian beat EPS estimates in Q4 due in part to a drop in gross cruise costs per day to $209.99 from $212.35 a year ago.
- Previously: Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Feb. 23 2016)
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. operates as a holding company. It is a global cruise line operator, which offers cruise experiences for travelers with a wide variety of itineraries in North America, Mediterranean, Baltic, Central America, Bermuda and Caribbean. It also offers an entirely... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR