What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:06 AM
- Q4 net income of $150M or $0.89 per share up from $0.81 one year ago.
- 1.2M shares bought back for $67M during quarter - average price of $56.58. Another $159M remains in buyback program (as of year-end).
- Market Services (36% of revenues) - Revenue of $195M down 3% Y/Y, mostly thanks to negative impact of fx.
- Equity Derivatives (9% of revenues) -Revenue of $48M down nearly 10% Y/Y, with lower trading volumes, lower U.S. market share, and fx to blame.
- Cash Equities (12% of revenues) - Revenue of $66M up nearly 12% Y/Y.
- Previously: NASDAQ EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Jan. 28)
- CFO Lee Shavel is retiring effective March 31 after five years in the position. SVP and Corporate Controller Ron Hassen will be interim CFO as the company conducts a search for a replacement.
- NDAQ flat premarket
Thu, Jan. 28, 7:14 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 7:09 AM
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Dec. 16, 2015, 2:23 AM
- Adena Friedman has been named to the newly created position of chief operating officer at Nasdaq (NASDAQ:NDAQ), in a move likely to rekindle speculation that she's the frontrunner to eventually succeed Bob Greifeld as chief executive.
- During Greifeld's tenure since 2003, Nasdaq has expanded from a single equity exchange to include 26 exchanges, three clearing houses, an arm that sells exchange technology and another that handles investor relations for listed companies.
Dec. 15, 2015, 6:24 AM| Dec. 15, 2015, 6:24 AM
- November monthly performance was: 0%
- No dividends were paid in November
- Top 10 Holdings as of 11/30/2015: VeriSign Inc (VRSN): 0.41%, TFS Financial Corp (TFSL): 0.4%, TECO Energy Inc (TE): 0.37%, Vantiv Inc (VNTV): 0.34%, Nasdaq Inc (NDAQ): 0.34%, Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): 0.34%, Southwest Airlines Co (LUV): 0.34%, Alphabet Inc Class A (GOOGL): 0.33%, Republic Services Inc Class A (RSG): 0.33%, Cameron International Corp (CAM): 0.33%
Dec. 2, 2015, 2:49 AM
- TD Ameritrade's recently announced move back to the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:NDAQ) from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:ICE) may be showing some underlying trends in the industry.
- The two exchanges fiercely compete for corporate listings, from courting initial public offerings to luring companies already listed on their rival exchanges.
- TD Ameritrade will be the 27th listing transfer to Nasdaq this year, while only three listings have switched to the NYSE so far in 2015.
- Previously: Nasdaq wins some business from NYSE (Dec. 01 2015)
Dec. 1, 2015, 9:43 AM
Oct. 26, 2015, 10:23 AM
- Reportedly outbidding Markit (MRKT -0.6%) and Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ +0.1%), ICE (ICE +1.2%) agrees to buy Interactive Data from its P-E owners for $5.2B - $3.65B in cash and $1.55B of ICE stock.
- The deal is expected to close this year, and apparently eliminates the chance of an IPO for the company.
- ICE expects adjusted earnings accretion of roughly 5% in year one, with expense synergies of $150M mostly completed in the first three years.
- A conference call is set for 8:30 ET on Wednesday.
Oct. 23, 2015, 10:41 AM
- In an interesting move coming alongside its earnings results yesterday, Nasdaq (NASDAQ:NDAQ) announced its purchase of SecondMarket Solutions, which operates a marketplace for trading private company stock.
- Nasdaq, of course, is the spot for tech IPOs, and this move follows its launch earlier this year of Nasdaq Private Market, a unit designed to help private companies raise capital.
- SecondMarket CEO Bill Siegel will continue to be in charge of the business, and the entire SecondMarket team is coming along.
- Previously: NASDAQ beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Oct. 22)
Oct. 22, 2015, 7:02 AM
- NASDAQ (NASDAQ:NDAQ): Q3 EPS of $0.88 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $529M (+6.4% Y/Y) beats by $2.82M.
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACAT, ACOR, ADS, AEP, ALK, APOL, ASPS, BCC, BEN, BHE, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CBU, CEMP, COR, CRS, CY, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FNB, GMT, GPK, GRA, HBAN, HUB.B, IVC, JNS, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, NDAQ, NUE, NWE, ORI, PCP, PDS, PENN, PH, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SIRI, SJR, SNA, SQNS, STC, SWK, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WAB, WBC, WCC, XRS
Jul. 26, 2015, 7:39 AM
- Deutsche Borse (OTCPK:DBOEY) is buying Germany-based foreign exchange trading platform 360T for €725M, in a bid to expand its business in the $5.3T-a-day currency trading market.
- The announcement wraps up an auction which saw CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) and Nasdaq OMX (NASDAQ:NDAQ) also compete for the forex trading venue.
- Deutsche Borse expects double-digit million euro revenue synergies in the medium-term from the deal and plans to finance the acquisition via a combination of debt and equity.
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:16 AM
- NASDAQ (NASDAQ:NDAQ) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.93%
- Payable Sept. 25; for shareholders of record Sept. 11; ex-div Sept. 9.
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:03 AM
- NASDAQ (NASDAQ:NDAQ): Q2 EPS of $0.83 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $518M (-1.0% Y/Y) beats by $4.37M.
Jul. 23, 2015, 2:44 AM
- Under an unusual partnership of rivals, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:ICE) and Nasdaq OMX (NASDAQ:NDAQ) are planning an agreement to back up each other's closing auctions in the event of an outage similar to the nearly four-hour trading halt at NYSE earlier this month.
- The closing auction is perhaps the most valuable part of the day for many institutional investors because it sets important benchmark prices for stocks and is a good time to execute large orders.
Other News & PR