Oct. 26, 2015, 10:23 AM
- Reportedly outbidding Markit (MRKT -0.6%) and Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ +0.1%), ICE (ICE +1.2%) agrees to buy Interactive Data from its P-E owners for $5.2B - $3.65B in cash and $1.55B of ICE stock.
- The deal is expected to close this year, and apparently eliminates the chance of an IPO for the company.
- ICE expects adjusted earnings accretion of roughly 5% in year one, with expense synergies of $150M mostly completed in the first three years.
- A conference call is set for 8:30 ET on Wednesday.
Jun. 26, 2015, 5:37 PM
Oct. 2, 2014, 10:24 AM
- "We are constructive on Nasdaq OMX's (NDAQ +0.3%) progress over many years in creating a lower-risk, high-recurring revenue business model with solid execution, especially in cost management," says analyst Brian Bedell, upgrading to a Buy with price target lifted to $49 from $46. "We see the story as increasingly gaining traction among investors and improving NDAQ's P/E from subdued levels."
- Also boosted to a Buy is IntercontinentalExchange (ICE +1.5%), with price target lifted to $219 from $202.
- CME Group (CME +1.5%), however, is Bedell's top pick in the exchange sector, and he lifts the price target to $95.
- Previously: Brisk September business at CME
Jul. 24, 2014, 3:31 PM
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.70 up 13% from a year ago.
- Overall organic growth of 4% and 9% organic growth in non-transactional segments. Non-transaction based revenue totaled 74% of overall Q2 revenue, and gained 19% from a year ago.
- 2.6M shares, or $93M of stock repurchased during Q2 at average price of $36.46.
- Market Services revenue (39% of total) of $202M up from $190M a year ago.
- Derivatives revenue (13% of total) of $66M slipped from $76M.
- Cash equities revenue (11% of total) of $57M up from $51M.
- Fixed Income revenue of $14M flat.
- Access and Broker Services revenue (12% of total) of $65M up from $63M.
- Information Services revenue (23% of total) of $123M up from $107M.
- Market Data revenue (19% of total) of $101M up from $89M.
- Technology Solutions revenue (26% of total) of $138M up from $96M.
- Operating expense guidance lowered to $1.22B-$1.25B from $1.25B-$1.285B.
- Previously: NASDAQ beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
- NDAQ +2.8%
Apr. 9, 2014, 9:39 AM
- Sitting nearly alone in the red among the brokerages and exchanges in early action is Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ -1.6%) after BAML removes its Buy rating on the stock.
- Along with others in the sector, Nasdaq has had a rough few sessions amid raised HFT scrutiny thanks to the Michael Lewis book. Along with the cut in Nasdaq's rating, however, BAML boosted E*Trade and CBOE Holdings.
Apr. 2, 2014, 10:22 AM
- Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ +1.7%) and IntercontinentalExchange (ICE +1.4%) take back ground lost yesterday amid the media blitz for Michael Lewis' assault on high-frequency trading.
- Was Lewis front-run? Barron's Steven Sears notes heavy put action in NDAQ ahead of Sunday's 60 Minutes interview with the author.
Mar. 18, 2014, 1:03 PM
- The listing - in which Alibaba is expected to raise up to $15B - is the largest ever for a Chinese company, and the NYSE (ICE -0.9%) is in the lead to win it, according to the Journal's sources. It would be another setback for the Nasdaq (NDAQ -3.6%) which has struggled to hold onto its reputation as the spot for tech issues following the bungling of the Facebook IPO in 2012.
- The financial impact of the listing by itself is insignificant, says Richard Repetto, but bragging rights and momentum for future tech IPOs, and boosted trading revenue over time is.
- In other news, NY AG Eric Schneiderman has reportedly launched a probe into whether stock exchanges give improper advantages to high-frequency traders. His staff has discussed concerns with execs at both Nasdaq and ICE and requested more information. Goldman reiterates its Sell rating on Nasdaq, seeing 17% downside amid this issue.
Dec. 12, 2013, 7:31 AM
- Ciena (CIEN) tumbles 11.5% premarket after a big miss on FQ4 results - reporting adjusted EPS of $0.16 per share vs. expectations of $0.24.
- Adjusted gross margin of 40.8% compares to 43.6% the previous quarter. Adjusted operating margin of 4.7% falls from 8.2% the previous quarter. Operating expenses rose to $210.5M from $190.4M.
- FQ1 revenue guidance of $515M-$545M is inline with Street expectations.
- The company will swap its Nasdaq (NDAQ) listing for one on the NYSE (ICE). The stock symbol will remain the same.
- CC at 8:30 ET
Aug. 22, 2013, 3:36 PM| Aug. 22, 2013, 3:36 PM | 5 Comments
Aug. 22, 2013, 1:05 PM
Apr. 2, 2013, 9:31 AM
Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ -7.2%) slides after last night's eSpeed acquisition announcement and subsequent credit rating downgrade. The sell side gives a thumbs down, with Goldman and Jefferies saying a slowdown in share repurchases could weigh on the stock, BMO proclaiming itself not sold on the deal, and Evercore downgrading to Hold.| Apr. 2, 2013, 9:31 AM
Dec. 20, 2012, 9:10 AM
Jul. 25, 2012, 9:23 AMNasdaq (NDAQ) declares $0.13/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 2.38%. For shareholders of record Sep 14. Payable Sep 28. Ex-div date Sep 12. Shares +3.1% premarket. (PR) | Jul. 25, 2012, 9:23 AM
Jun. 8, 2012, 1:56 PM
May 22, 2012, 8:12 AM
Facebook (FB -2.4%) continues to fall as the blame game starts over responsibility for its 11% slump yesterday. Among the chief names are Morgan Stanley (MS), the lead underwriter; Nasdaq (NDAQ), for the tech problems on Friday; and of course Facebook. Among the criticisms: the price was too high and too many shares were sold.| May 22, 2012, 8:12 AM | 2 Comments
Apr. 5, 2012, 2:00 PMFacebook (FB) decides to list its shares on the Nasdaq as the exchange claims another tech darling away from the NYSE. The IPO is expected to go off as early as next month - slated to be the largest offering since Google in 2004. NDAQ +1.1%, moving higher off the news reported by the NYT. | Apr. 5, 2012, 2:00 PM | 2 Comments