Jun. 2, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Nordion Inc. (NDZ): FQ2 EPS of $0.22 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $74.7M (+33.2% Y/Y) beats by $9.45M.
- Shares +7.7%.
May 5, 2014, 9:11 AM
Mar. 28, 2014, 5:09 PM
- Private sterilization services firm Sterigenics is acquiring Nordion (NDZ) for $727M, or $11.75/share. The price represents a 13% premium to Nordion's Friday close of $10.41.
- Sterigenics will pay for the deal using cash, equity and debt financing, and a portion of Nordion's cash on hand. The deal features a $12M termination fee, and is expected to close in 2H14.
Sep. 5, 2013, 12:25 PM
- Nordion (NDZ +1.8%) gains after posting a solid FQ4 earnings beat this morning.
- Net profit surged, thanks to the sale of one of its business units. In July the company sold its targeted-therapies unit to BTG PLC for $190M, resulting in a gain of about $182M.
- Total revenue grew by 6.8% Y/Y, while gross margin was flat at 55%.
- Medical-isotopes segment sales +9% Y/Y.
- Sterilization-technologies sales +14%.
Aug. 20, 2013, 11:23 AM
- Nordion (NDZ +7%) gains after announcing it's settled a dispute with isotope supplier Atomic Energy of Canada, receiving C$15M in cash.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Atomic Energy has also released its C$47M claim against NDZ for arbitration costs while NDZ dropped its countersuit.
- The two parties have also agreed on a new isotope supply agreement running through October 31, 2016.
Mar. 4, 2013, 5:39 PM
Dec. 12, 2012, 6:36 PM
Nordion (NDZ) postpones the release of its Q4 and FY12 financial results and conference call scheduled for December 18 and 19, respectively, saying it's initiated discussions to amend the terms of the company’s credit facility. The discussions are related to the potential impact of ongoing litigation and the treatment of certain non-cash items. Shares -5.4% AH.| Dec. 12, 2012, 6:36 PM
Sep. 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
Nordion (NDZ +1.8%) shakes up its management structure as the medical-technology company says it will realign its operations into two distinct business units with separate corporate structures: Targeted Therapies and Specialty Isotopes. The Company also appoints Jeff Brown, CEO and founding member of Brown Equity Partners, to its Board of Directors.| Sep. 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
Sep. 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Shares of Nordion (NDZ -35%) melt down after the company announced plans to suspend its quarterly dividend in response to an arbitration loss relating to claims against Atomic Energy of Canada for the cancelled construction of its MAPLE facilities. The facilities were the nuclear reactors and processing facility that were being constructed by AECL to serve as the source of NDZs long-term medical isotope supply.| Sep. 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Jun. 6, 2012, 12:44 PM
Nordion (NDZ -7.2%) slides after its FQ2 missed Street expectations across the board. Revenue slipped across all of the medical-science company's main business segments, as special items weighed on Y/Y results.| Jun. 6, 2012, 12:44 PM