Thu, Apr. 28, 7:34 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Apr. 14, 1:36 PM
- Morgan Stanley identifies 30 stocks for investors to snap up and hold until 2019.
- The investment firm narrowed its list by focusing on strong brands/franchises with distinct competitive advantages, while also scoring strong on pricing power, cost efficiency, and growth.
- The MS list includes Accenture (NYSE:ACN), Alphabet, Amazon.com, Apple, Blackstone Group (NYSE:BX),Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ), CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), Danaher (NYSE:DHR), Dollar General (NYSE:DG), Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL), Facebook, First Republic Bank (NYSE:FRC), HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA), International Business Machines (NYSE:IBM), JPMorgan Chase, L Brands (NYSE:LB), Mettler-Toledo (NYSE:MTD), NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE), Nike (NYSE:NKE), Panera Bread (NASDAQ:PNRA), Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM), Public Storage (NYSE:PSA), Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST), SBA Communications(NASDAQ:SBAC), ServiceMaster (NYSE:SERV), T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS), Visa (NYSE:V), WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV), and Zayo Group Holdings (NYSE:ZAYO).
Tue, Mar. 1, 4:41 PM
- NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) names John Ketchum as its new CFO, effective March 4, replacing the retiring Moray Dewhurst.
- Ketchum joined NEE in 2002 and has held various business, finance and legal roles, most recently as senior VP of finance.
- Dewhurst has served as CFO of NEE and/or Florida Power since 2001.
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:56 PM
- NextEra Energy Partners (NEE, NEP) agrees to acquire the Seiling I & II Wind Energy Centers, a combined 299.2 MW wind generation site in Oklahoma, for $323M plus the assumption of ~$200M in tax equity financing.
- NEP says the acquisition will expand its portfolio of contracted renewable energy projects to 2,509 MW.
- To fund the deal, NEP says it will launch an offering of 9.7M common units, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 1.455M.
Fri, Feb. 12, 3:32 PM
- NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) declares $0.87/share quarterly dividend, 13% increase from prior dividend of $0.77.
- Forward yield 3.13%
- Payable March 15; for shareholders of record Feb. 26; ex-div Feb. 24.
Fri, Jan. 29, 3:58 PM
- NextEra Energy (NEE +2.9%) jumps to a 52-week high as Robert Baird upgrades shares to Outperform from Neutral with a $120 price target and a day after the utility reported better than expected Q4 earnings.
- In its upgrade, Baird says NEE deserves a premium valuation relative to peers, as the company remains well positioned to deliver on its 6%-8% EPS compound annual growth target through 2018 via its substantial pipeline of identified regulated capex at Florida Power & Light and incremental renewables and midstream development at NextEra Energy Resources.
Thu, Jan. 28, 7:36 AM
- NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE): Q4 EPS of $1.17 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $4.07B (-12.7% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Dec. 31, 2015, 12:27 PM
- Westar Energy (WR -1.2%) is buying another 200MW of wind power from a NextEra Energy (NEE -0.9%) affiliate. The energy will be produced at a Kingman County, KS wind farm set to go live in early 2017. Westar will have the option to buy half the facility before "substantial completion."
- The purchase will bring Westar's total wind capacity above 1.7GW. NextEra, meanwhile, is 18 months removed from doing an IPO for its NextEra Energy Partners solar/wind plant unit.
Dec. 9, 2015, 3:13 PM
- The bank's team is fairly aggressive in their expectation of rate hikes, seeing a 25 basis point move next week and another 100 basis points by the end of 2016.
- The cycle, they say, most closely resembles that of 2004, and regulated utilities outperformed the broader market by 6% and 18% in the three and 12 months following the first hike that year.
- As for this particular moment, Barclays says a flattening yield curve, increasing high-yield default rates, and a strong greenback impacting S&P earnings relative to utilities all bode well for the sector.
- The team's favored picks: NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE), American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP), Entergy (NYSE:ETR), Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL), and PG&E (NYSE:PCG).
- Utility ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, SDP, FUGAX
Nov. 27, 2015, 11:48 AM
- Infrastructure investment is singled out by RBC analyst Shelby Tucker as an attractive sector heading into year-end, with FirstEnergy (FE +0.9%) as a top pick.
- If the 2014 purchased power agreement from Ohio's utilities gains approval, Tucker thinks it could add $150M-$200M of additional pre-tax income for FE's competitive energy services segment, and that the benefit to the company could translate to $0.15-$0.30 in EPS; the analyst says the outcome is not included in valuation models and estimates.
- Along with FE, Tucker rates NextEra Energy (NEE +0.6%) and PNM Resources (PNM +0.5%) as Outperform, with respective stock price targets of $39, $128 and $32.
Nov. 27, 2015, 9:35 AM
- NextEra Energy's (NEE +0.2%) renewable energy unit agrees to sell its interest in two natural gas-fired power generation plants to a unit of Energy Future Holdings for $1.59B, including working capital.
- Energy Future has received approval from the bankruptcy court for the deal and the funding of it through its debtor-in-possession credit facility.
- NEE says its La Frontera Ventures unit will continue to operate the facilities in Texas for an initial period of up to one year.
Nov. 18, 2015, 10:58 AM
- NextEra Energy (NEE -1.6%) has extended a new offer to buy Energy Future Holdings' Oncor transmissions business, WSJ reports.
- NEE says it stands ready to purchase Oncor in a deal that would fully repay creditors of the division that owns the business and would “provide Oncor with a new parent that has a strong balance sheet and credit rating,” according to court papers.
- The sale of Oncor is at the heart of Energy Future’s $42B reorganization strategy, but the company prefers to be sold to an investment group led by Hunt Consolidated.
- NEE reportedly made its move during a lull in a court fight over Energy Future’s chapter 11 plan, which is up for approval by the bankruptcy court.
Oct. 28, 2015, 7:36 AM
- NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE): Q3 EPS of $1.60 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $4.95B (+6.5% Y/Y) beats by $120M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY
NextEra Energy, Inc. operates as an investment holding company with interests in generating and distributing electricity. The company through its subsidiaries provides retail and wholesale electric services to customers and owns generation, transmission and distribution facilities to support its... More
Industry: Electric Utilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR