Thu, Jan. 22, 12:45 PM
Thu, Jan. 22, 9:21 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV) is up 20% premarket (volume unknown) in response to its report of positive results from a Phase 1 trial assessing MIN-202 for the treatment on insomnia. Trial subjects with co-morbid insomnia related to major depressive disorder (MDD) experienced significant improvements in sleep onset and duration.
- The Phase 1b portion was a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, four-way crossover, single dose trial involved 20 male and female patients with MDD and insomnia. The primary endpoint was latency to persistent sleep (LPS). Preliminary results showed a statistically significant effect on LPS in all three doses tested (10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg) and prolonged sleep duration of ~45 minutes.
- MIN-202 is an orexin-2 antagonist. Its value proposition is improved safety, better restoration of sleep architecture and improved continuity compared to GABA-mimetics like Ambien (NYSE:SNY).
- MIN-202 is being developed in collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceutica NV.
Thu, Jan. 22, 9:15 AM
Wed, Jan. 21, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jan. 7, 12:45 PM
Tue, Jan. 6, 12:45 PM
Tue, Jan. 6, 9:07 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 8:44 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV) jumps 58% premarket (volume not available) in response to its announcement of positive results in a non-human primate study assessing an analog of MIN-301 for the treatment of symptoms associated with Parkinson's disease (PD). MIN-301 is a recombinant form of the neurogulin-1 extracellular domain. The analog used in the study differs from MIN-301 by a single amino acid.
- In the study, PD symptoms were induced in marmosets by administering subcutaneous injections of MPTP neurotoxin. Daily treatment with the analog or saline comparator was initiated one week prior to PD induction with MPTP and continued for eight weeks. Disease-modifying efficacy was measured by the changes in clinical signs, motor symptoms and motor function.
- Marmosets treated with the analog showed greater improvements in PD clinical score, AIMS and locomotor activity (Bungalow test) versus the saline comparator. The results were consistent with previous research in rodent models.
Mon, Jan. 5, 5:35 PM
NERV vs. ETF Alternatives
Minerva Neurosciences Incis a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a portfolio of product candidates to treat patients suffering from central nervous system, or CNS, diseases.
Other News & PR