At $20 Natural Grocers Is An Organic Buy
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
In A Fierce Food Retail Market, Natural Grocers Has To Perform Better
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Fri, Nov. 18, 2:57 PM
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC -4.1%) expects to slow down its pace of expansion after opening eight stores and relocating another one in Q3.
- The pace of store adds in the quarter set a record for the company.
- "Given the continued economic and competitive pressures on sales we are moderating our new store growth from the 22% we experienced in fiscal 2016 to a still healthy but more conservative unit growth rate of between 12% and 16% in fiscal 2017," noted Chairman Kemper Isely on the firm's earnings call.
- Earnings call transcript
Thu, Nov. 17, 4:16 PM
Wed, Nov. 16, 5:35 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 10:15 AM
- Citigroup starts off coverage on Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NYSE:NGVC) with a Buy rating.
- The investment firm assigns a price target of $14 to the specialty retailer.
- Shares of NGVC are up 1.84% to $12.16 vs. a 52-week trading range of $10.63 to $25.73.
Wed, Sep. 7, 10:22 AM
- Weak guidance issued earlier today from Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM -13.9%) is slicing deeply through the grocery store sector.
- If there's a word to sum up the negative vibe in the sector it would be "deflation" after Sprouts execs came clean on the negative impact of falling prices.
- Decliners include Whole Foods Market (WFM -5.2%), Kroger (KR -4.1%), Supervalu (SVU -2%), Ingles Markets (IMKTA -3.4%), and Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC -3.2%).
- Previously: Sprouts Farmers Market slumps after updating guidance (Sept. 7)
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:24 AM
- Retail watchers think the new smaller-store format from Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) with its 365 introduction could become more popular across the grocery store sector.
- Early results from the two 365 stores have been positive and a recent price check indicated that the chain is very competitive on value. Perhaps even more important, the 365 concept is seen as popular with millennials and in urban areas.
- If Whole Foods expands the 365 chain aggressively it will face competition in regional markets from Trader Joe's, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NYSE:NGVC), The Fresh Market, Sprouts Farmers Marker (NASDAQ:SFM), Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA), and even Kroger (NYSE:KR).
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:45 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Thu, May 5, 4:46 PM
- Natural Grocers (NYSE:NGVC): FQ2 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $177.4M (+12.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.21M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Thu, Apr. 21, 12:48 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:03 PM
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NYSE:NGVC) expects Q2 sales of $176.5M to $178M vs. $184.4M consensus.
- The sales gain comes off of an anticipated 1% bump in comparable-store sales.
- Guidance for Q2 EPS is set at $0.15-$0.16 vs. $0.26 consensus.
- The company says weakness in some energy-dependent markets and sales cannibalization from new stores contributed to the below-par results.
- NGVC -20.3% AH to $16.22.
Thu, Feb. 11, 2:03 PM
- The grocery store sector is buzzing off a report from Reuters indicating Kroger wants to buy out The Fresh Market.
- Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +0.7%), Whole Foods Market (WFM +0.2%), Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC +1.9%), and Ingle Markets (IMKTA +0.2%) have all spiked higher since the story broke.
- Previously: Reuters: Kroger seek buyout of The Fresh Market (Feb. 11)
Fri, Jan. 29, 12:44 PM
Fri, Jan. 29, 10:21 AM
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC -16.6%) is sharply lower after missing on both lines of its FQ1 report.
- Comparable-store sales increased 3.6% during the quarter. Transactions were 1.9% higher and the average transaction size grew 1.7%.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 20 bps to 28.8% as higher occupancy costs played in.
- Natural Grocers backed prior FY16 guidance for comp store growth of +5% to +7% and EPS of $0.79-$0.83.
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:16 PM
- Natural Grocers (NYSE:NGVC): FQ1 EPS of $0.17 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $167.79M (+15.0% Y/Y) misses by $3.88M.