I Like NHI But I'm Not Ready To Buy
Brad Thomas • 22 Comments
Brad Thomas • 22 Comments
Tue, Feb. 9, 12:05 PM
- Healthcare facility owners are seeing steep losses after HCP (HCP -14.8%), Brookdale Senior Living (BKD -16%), and Medical Properties Trust (MPW -3.8%) issued soft 2016 guidance with their Q4 beats.
- HCP reported Q4 FFO/share of $0.80 (beat by $0.02), but guided for 2016 FFO/share of $2.74-$2.80 vs. a $3.16 consensus. Brookdale reported Q4 CFFO/share of $0.58 (beat by $0.12), but guided for 2016 CFFO of $2.45-$2.55 vs. a $2.62 consensus. MPW reported Q4 FFO/share of $0.35 (beat by $0.01), but guided for 2016 FFO/share of $1.29-$1.33 vs. a $1.33 consensus.
- In addition to HCP/Brookdale/MPW, the casualty list includes Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI -9.6%), Capital Senior Living (CSU -6.2%), Five Star Quality Care (FVE -7%), Welltower (HCN -9%), Genesis Healthcare (GEN -9.6%), , Sabra Health Care REIT (SBRA -6.3%), National Health Investors (NHI -4.6%), Ventas (VTR -5.9%), and Physicians Realty Trust (DOC -3.9%).
Jan. 12, 2015, 2:40 PM
- The 10-year Treasury yield is down all the way to 1.91% and the 30-year earlier dropped to 2.47% amid a slumping stock market and WTI crude oil plummeting another 4.3% to $46.23 per barrel. Equity REITs, meanwhile, continue a big start to the year.
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
- A sampling of individual names: Realty Income (O +0.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1%), National Health Investors (NHI +1.7%), LTC Properties (LTC +1.8%), Camden Property Trust (CPT +1.3%), CBL & Associates (CBL +2.2%), Regency Centers (REG +1.2%), CubeSmart (CUBE +1.5%), Washington Real Estate Trust (WRE +0.9%), American Campus Communities (ACC +0.7%).
Dec. 2, 2014, 8:11 AM
- The purchase of eight senior living communities is expected to close this year, and following that, they will be leased to Senior Living Communities pursuant to a 15-year master lease.
- The lease provides for an initial gross cash yield of 6.51%, with annual rent escalators of 4% in years 2-4, and 3% thereafter.
- To help fund the deal, NHI is selling 3.5M shares of stock.
- Shares -2.2% premarket
National Health Investors, Inc. is a real estate investment trust, which engages in the sale-leaseback, joint-venture, mortgage, and mezzanine financing of need-driven and discretionary senior housing and medical investments. Its portfolio consists of real estate investments in independent... More
Industry: REIT - Healthcare Facilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR