NiSource: Lowest Risk, Highest Return Income Investment In 2015
Josh Young • 11 Comments
Josh Young • 11 Comments
Tue, Nov. 1, 6:34 AM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:30 PM
- ADPT, AEP, AHH, ALLT, AME, AMRC, ANGI, APLP, ARRY, AUDC, AVA, AYR, BKD, BP, CIE, CMI, CNX, COH, CRCM, DHX, DIN, DISCA, DX, ECL, EGL, EIGI, EMR, ETN, EVHC, FCH, FDP, FIS, FSS, GHM, GK, GLT, GWR, HCP, HRS, HSKA, HW, HZO, ICE, IDXX, INCY, IRM, K, KEM, LXRX, LYB, MCRN, MDC, MLM, MOS, MSM, NI, NSP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PES, PFE, PPL, PRTS, RDC, RDS.A, RDWR, RHP, SAH, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SNE, SPR, SUI, TAP, TRI, WCG, WLB, WNR, WNRL, XYL
Tue, Aug. 9, 3:06 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 6:31 AM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ACCO, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALLT, ARW, AVP, BOFI, CAH, CARB, CEQP, CHH, CIE, CMI, CPPL, CSTM, CVS, DISCA, ECL, EIGI, EMR, ENOC, EPC, ETN, ETR, EXPD, FDP, GEO, GLT, GNRC, H, HCLP, HCN, HEP, HMC, HRS, HW, IDCC, IDXX, IIVI, IPI, IQNT, JLL, MLM, MMP, MNK, MOS, MZOR, NI, NJR, NNN, NRZ, NS, NWN, OZM, PBI, PFE, PG, PNW, RCL, RDC, RHP, SABR, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SODA, STX, SUI, TAP, TDC, VG, VSH, WCG, WNR, WNRL, XYL, ZEUS
Fri, Jul. 8, 3:38 PM
- NiSource (NI +0.1%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $27 price target at UBS on valuation after shares appreciated 57% since the July 2015 spinout of the pipeline business.
- UBS notes that utility multiples have expanded over three turns amid low interest rates and three acquisitions of gas distribution companies by electric utilities, and it sees the M&A trend continuing due to slowing growth prospects at electric utilities and the higher growth expected at gas distribution companies resulting from the current infrastructure replacement cycle under way.
- For NI, however, the firm thinks such optimism already in priced in, with an estimated 2016 P/E of 24.8x and 2017 P/E of 22.9x.
Wed, May 11, 3:01 PM
- NiSource (NYSE:NI) declares $0.165/share quarterly dividend, 6.5% increase from prior dividend of $0.155.
- Forward yield 2.78%
- Payable Aug. 19; for shareholders of record July 29; ex-div July 27.
Tue, May 3, 6:33 AM
- NiSource (NYSE:NI): Q1 EPS of $0.60 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.44B (-22.2% Y/Y) misses by $330M.
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Tue, Mar. 29, 3:57 PM
- J.P. Morgan says premium multiples have made gas utility valuations relatively high, as the firm downgrades NiSource (NI +1%) to Neutral from Overweight with a $24 price target and reiterates Laclede Group (LG +2.5%) at Underweight.
- However, J.P. Morgan highlights Atmos Energy (ATO +2.3%) as a value opportunity, saying ATO is implementing an accelerated capital spending plan that has the potential to offer investors above average returns on investment.
- Based on five-year organic growth and no change in relative valuation, the firm foresees a respective best case total return of 8.5%, 7.9% and 6% for ATO, NI and LG, but views only ATO as offering relative and absolute value in a group multiple contraction scenario.
Tue, Mar. 22, 2:18 PM
- NiSource Inc. (NYSE:NI) declares $0.155/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.72%
- Payable May 20; for shareholders of record April 29; ex-div April 27.
Thu, Feb. 18, 6:45 AM
- NiSource (NYSE:NI): Q4 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.12B (-19.4% Y/Y) misses by $160M.
- FY16 Non-Gaap net operating earnings $1.00-$1.10 vs. consensus estimate of $1.06.
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:30 PM
- AAN, AAWW, AGIO, ALE, BCC, CAB, CBB, CHH, COT, CVI, CVRR, DAN, DISCA, DISH, DNR, DUK, EIGI, ETR, GEL, GOV, H, HCN, HII, HOT, IDA, IDCC, IQNT, IRT, LDOS, LH, MFA, MGM, MNTA, MPEL, MTRN, MZOR, NHI, NI, ONE, PAAS, PCG, POOL, PPP, PRGO, RS, SCG, SIX, SODA, SYNT, TK, TNK, TTC, UAN, UPL, VA, VAL, WAB, WM, WMT, WST
Wed, Jan. 27, 12:11 PM
- NiSource (NYSE:NI) declares $0.155/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.07%
- Payable Feb. 19; for shareholders of record Feb. 8; ex-div Feb. 4.
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:34 AM
- NiSource (NYSE:NI): Q3 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $821.1M (-3.6% Y/Y) misses by $60.04M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS