NICE Paying Quite The Price For 'Cloudification' Via inContact
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:32 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, May 18, 8:01 AM
- Israeli software provider Nice Systems (NASDAQ:NICE) agrees to acquire U.S.-based inContact (NASDAQ:SAAS), a maker of cloud software for call centers, for ~$940M.
- Nice will pay $14/share in cash, a 55% premium to yesterday's closing price, and plans to finance the deal with cash on hand plus debt of up to $475M.
- Analysts say the acquisition will help Nice, which currently focuses on very large financial companies, to expand into the mid-market and expand its product range.
- SAAS +53.7% premarket, NICE +2.3%.
Thu, May 5, 5:31 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:33 AM
- NICE-Systems (NASDAQ:NICE): Q4 EPS of $1.09 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $273.56M (+5.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.88M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Sat, Jan. 16, 3:34 PM
- The group got together last Monday, meaning it had the year's ugly first week to mull over, but not the year's equally ugly second week. Jeff Gundlach is a new member and fans won't be surprised at his bearish macro outlook.
- He's been outspokenly against the Fed's tightening monetary policy and drops a few interesting points: There's only a 60-basis point difference between GDP growth rates in the U.S. and Europe - with European GDP actually trending higher while U.S. GDP tracks lower. Yet the ECB has set negative rates and is talking about boosting QE, while Fed has eliminated QE and is raising rates. More? Of 118 Fed rate hikes since about 1945, nominal GDP was above 5.5% on 112 of those occasions, and averaged 8.6%. Only twice since 1945 has the Fed boosted while GDP was below 4.5% - the last time was 1982, and the central bank had to reverse course almost immediately. Nominal GDP today looks to be headed to about 2%.
- As for stock picks, Oscar Schafer finds a number of beaten-up names. Among them is Evertec (NYSE:EVTC), which owns the transaction-processing business in Puerto Rico (it was spun out of BPOP in 2010). Suffice it to say, Evertec is being penalized by its domicile. But the company is expanding across Central and South America. Even if things don't improve in Puerto Rico, the company should do fine. If things get better there, the stock's a home run.
- His other favorites: Calpine (NYSE:CPN), CommScope Holding (NASDAQ:COMM), and NICE-Systems (NASDAQ:NICE).
Mon, Jan. 11, 11:34 AM
- Nice Systems (NICE +0.9%) is buying Nexidia, a Georgia-based provider of customer interaction analytics software, for $135M in cash. The deal is expected to close in Q1, and be accretive to non-GAAP earnings in 2016.
- Nice plans to integrate Nexidia's offerings with its existing customer analytics products, and argues the joint solution will deliver "analytics capabilities with unparalleled accuracy, scalability and performance." SaaS and managed analytics deployments will be supported; mentioned use cases include churn reduction, campaign effectiveness analysis, sales optimization, compliance management, eDiscovery, and quality optimization.
- The deal comes five months after Nice announced it's selling its video surveillance software unit for $85M-$100M, and eight month after the company announced it's selling its cybersecurity intelligence unit for up to $158M. The company was rumored in May to be in talks to acquire cloud customer support software firm LivePerson.
Oct. 29, 2015, 5:41 AM
- NICE-Systems (NASDAQ:NICE): Q3 EPS of $0.75 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $221.08M (+6.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.97M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Aug. 3, 2015, 3:02 PM
- Investment firm Battery Ventures is acquiring Nice Systems' (NICE +1.5%) IP video surveillance software unit for $85M in cash up-front + up to $15M in earn-out payments. The deal is expected to close in Q3.
- Nice states the sale will allow it to "focus on its key markets and enterprise software business as part of the execution of its long-term strategic plan." It follows the $158M sale of the company's cybersecurity product unit, and a May report that Nice is in talks to buy cloud customer support software vendor LivePerson.
- Due to the sale, Nice now expects Q3 revenue of $215M-$225M and EPS of $0.65-$0.71 (down by $21M and $0.03 from prior guidance), and full-year revenue of $914M-$934M and EPS of $2.97-$3.08 (down by $71M and $0.07 from prior guidance). Nonetheless, the deal is expected to be "non-dilutive" to 2016 earnings.
Jul. 30, 2015, 5:36 AM
- NICE-Systems (NASDAQ:NICE): Q2 EPS of $0.70 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $234.73M (+6.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.01M.
Jun. 3, 2015, 12:06 PM
- JPMorgan's Paul Coster has upgraded NICE Systems to Overweight following yesterday's analyst day, and hiked his target by $4 to $72.
- Coster is a fan of new management, and notes the security/customer support analytics software firm thinks it can triple its addressable market (TAM) to $12B, thanks in part to tripling the TAMs for its financial crime/compliance (FCC) and security offerings to $3B apiece.
- He adds Nice believes it can grow its FCC TAM by "serving tier-2 financial institutions and services, addressing the convergence of fraud and cyber, and expanding into non-financial services verticals," and its security TAM by adding more security sensors expanding its portfolio to cover the holistic investigation of incidents.
- Also: Nice expects to grow its workforce optimization TAM by expanding its cloud, analytics, and multi-channel offerings, and growing its mid-market presence. Shares are less than $2 away from a high of $67.15.
- Last week: Nice reportedly in talks to buy LivePerson
May 26, 2015, 9:46 AM
- Israel's Calcalist reports Nice Systems (NICE -3.5%) is in talks to buy cloud customer support software provider LivePerson (LPSN +14.8%). The site cautions a deal could take several months to finalize.
- Nice, whose product line includes software for analyzing customer interactions with contact centers, is 5 days removed from announcing the sale of its law enforcement/intelligence agency software unit for $157.9M. LivePerson, meanwhile, is 2 weeks removed from nosediving on account of a Q1 sales miss and weak guidance.
- For reference, Nice's market cap is currently $3.64B, and LivePerson's $585M.
May 21, 2015, 8:34 AM
- Elbit Systems (NASDAQ:ESLT) agrees to acquire Nice Systems' (NASDAQ:NICE) cyber and intelligence division for as much as $158M as it seeks to boost its presence in a fast-growing market.
- ESLT, Israel's largest listed defense company, will pay $117.9M in cash at the deal's close, expected in Q3, with an additional amount of up to $40M to be paid based upon the business' future performance.
- Nice says the sale will allow it to place greater focus on its core markets.
NICE Ltd. engages in the provision of enterprise software solutions and services. It operates through the following segments: Customer Interactions Solutions, Security Solutions, and Financial Crime and Compliance Solutions. The Customer Interactions Solutions segment provides suites such as... More
Industry: Computer Peripherals