Mon, Aug. 3, 3:02 PM
- Investment firm Battery Ventures is acquiring Nice Systems' (NICE +1.5%) IP video surveillance software unit for $85M in cash up-front + up to $15M in earn-out payments. The deal is expected to close in Q3.
- Nice states the sale will allow it to "focus on its key markets and enterprise software business as part of the execution of its long-term strategic plan." It follows the $158M sale of the company's cybersecurity product unit, and a May report that Nice is in talks to buy cloud customer support software vendor LivePerson.
- Due to the sale, Nice now expects Q3 revenue of $215M-$225M and EPS of $0.65-$0.71 (down by $21M and $0.03 from prior guidance), and full-year revenue of $914M-$934M and EPS of $2.97-$3.08 (down by $71M and $0.07 from prior guidance). Nonetheless, the deal is expected to be "non-dilutive" to 2016 earnings.
Tue, May 26, 9:46 AM
- Israel's Calcalist reports Nice Systems (NICE -3.5%) is in talks to buy cloud customer support software provider LivePerson (LPSN +14.8%). The site cautions a deal could take several months to finalize.
- Nice, whose product line includes software for analyzing customer interactions with contact centers, is 5 days removed from announcing the sale of its law enforcement/intelligence agency software unit for $157.9M. LivePerson, meanwhile, is 2 weeks removed from nosediving on account of a Q1 sales miss and weak guidance.
- For reference, Nice's market cap is currently $3.64B, and LivePerson's $585M.
Thu, May 21, 8:34 AM
- Elbit Systems (NASDAQ:ESLT) agrees to acquire Nice Systems' (NASDAQ:NICE) cyber and intelligence division for as much as $158M as it seeks to boost its presence in a fast-growing market.
- ESLT, Israel's largest listed defense company, will pay $117.9M in cash at the deal's close, expected in Q3, with an additional amount of up to $40M to be paid based upon the business' future performance.
- Nice says the sale will allow it to place greater focus on its core markets.
Jan. 14, 2013, 8:19 AMAudio- and video-monitoring company Nice Systems (NICE +7.4%) is reportedly in talks to acquire rival Verint (VRNT +10.9%) for $1.5B in cash and stock in a deal that would represent a 19% premium on the latter's market cap of $1.26B. Nice would use its $422M cash reserves to help pay for the transaction, which would boost its presence in the defense sector - 75% of the the firm's sales are to the civilian sector. | Jan. 14, 2013, 8:19 AM | 1 Comment
Dec. 2, 2011, 7:45 AMNice Systems (NICE), an Israeli developer of software for analyzing communications streams, announces it's acquiring Merced Systems, a developer of business performance management software, for $170M in cash. Nice expects the deal to boost its 2012 revenue and EPS by $55M and $0.10. | Dec. 2, 2011, 7:45 AM | Comment!
NICE-Systems Ltd provides software solutions that enable operationalize big data and realize the business value. The Company operates in three business segments: Customer Interactions business, Financial Crime & Compliance business, Security business.
Other News & PR