Wed, May 18, 8:01 AM
- Israeli software provider Nice Systems (NASDAQ:NICE) agrees to acquire U.S.-based inContact (NASDAQ:SAAS), a maker of cloud software for call centers, for ~$940M.
- Nice will pay $14/share in cash, a 55% premium to yesterday's closing price, and plans to finance the deal with cash on hand plus debt of up to $475M.
- Analysts say the acquisition will help Nice, which currently focuses on very large financial companies, to expand into the mid-market and expand its product range.
- SAAS +53.7% premarket, NICE +2.3%.
Mon, Jan. 11, 11:34 AM
- Nice Systems (NICE +0.9%) is buying Nexidia, a Georgia-based provider of customer interaction analytics software, for $135M in cash. The deal is expected to close in Q1, and be accretive to non-GAAP earnings in 2016.
- Nice plans to integrate Nexidia's offerings with its existing customer analytics products, and argues the joint solution will deliver "analytics capabilities with unparalleled accuracy, scalability and performance." SaaS and managed analytics deployments will be supported; mentioned use cases include churn reduction, campaign effectiveness analysis, sales optimization, compliance management, eDiscovery, and quality optimization.
- The deal comes five months after Nice announced it's selling its video surveillance software unit for $85M-$100M, and eight month after the company announced it's selling its cybersecurity intelligence unit for up to $158M. The company was rumored in May to be in talks to acquire cloud customer support software firm LivePerson.
Aug. 3, 2015, 3:02 PM
- Investment firm Battery Ventures is acquiring Nice Systems' (NICE +1.5%) IP video surveillance software unit for $85M in cash up-front + up to $15M in earn-out payments. The deal is expected to close in Q3.
- Nice states the sale will allow it to "focus on its key markets and enterprise software business as part of the execution of its long-term strategic plan." It follows the $158M sale of the company's cybersecurity product unit, and a May report that Nice is in talks to buy cloud customer support software vendor LivePerson.
- Due to the sale, Nice now expects Q3 revenue of $215M-$225M and EPS of $0.65-$0.71 (down by $21M and $0.03 from prior guidance), and full-year revenue of $914M-$934M and EPS of $2.97-$3.08 (down by $71M and $0.07 from prior guidance). Nonetheless, the deal is expected to be "non-dilutive" to 2016 earnings.
May 26, 2015, 9:46 AM
- Israel's Calcalist reports Nice Systems (NICE -3.5%) is in talks to buy cloud customer support software provider LivePerson (LPSN +14.8%). The site cautions a deal could take several months to finalize.
- Nice, whose product line includes software for analyzing customer interactions with contact centers, is 5 days removed from announcing the sale of its law enforcement/intelligence agency software unit for $157.9M. LivePerson, meanwhile, is 2 weeks removed from nosediving on account of a Q1 sales miss and weak guidance.
- For reference, Nice's market cap is currently $3.64B, and LivePerson's $585M.
May 21, 2015, 8:34 AM
- Elbit Systems (NASDAQ:ESLT) agrees to acquire Nice Systems' (NASDAQ:NICE) cyber and intelligence division for as much as $158M as it seeks to boost its presence in a fast-growing market.
- ESLT, Israel's largest listed defense company, will pay $117.9M in cash at the deal's close, expected in Q3, with an additional amount of up to $40M to be paid based upon the business' future performance.
- Nice says the sale will allow it to place greater focus on its core markets.
Jan. 14, 2013, 8:19 AM
Audio- and video-monitoring company Nice Systems (NICE +7.4%) is reportedly in talks to acquire rival Verint (VRNT +10.9%) for $1.5B in cash and stock in a deal that would represent a 19% premium on the latter's market cap of $1.26B. Nice would use its $422M cash reserves to help pay for the transaction, which would boost its presence in the defense sector - 75% of the the firm's sales are to the civilian sector.| Jan. 14, 2013, 8:19 AM | 1 Comment
Dec. 2, 2011, 7:45 AM
Nice Systems (NICE), an Israeli developer of software for analyzing communications streams, announces it's acquiring Merced Systems, a developer of business performance management software, for $170M in cash. Nice expects the deal to boost its 2012 revenue and EPS by $55M and $0.10.| Dec. 2, 2011, 7:45 AM