Jun. 25, 2015, 7:23 AM
- Skechers (NYSE:SKX) is an attractive target for Nike (NYSE:NKE) or Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY, OTCPK:ADDDF), according to the The Business of Fashion.
- An acquisition would give either a company a stronger position in the growing fashionable walking shoe market.
- Skechers trades at stretched-out valuation after doubling in share price this year.
- SKX +101.9% YTD.
Nov. 14, 2013, 9:43 AM
- Under Armour (UA +0.4%) announces it purchased fitness technology player MapMyFitness for $150M.
- The company says the acquisition will help beef up its ability to offer cutting edge digital fitness products and platforms.
- The deal is slated to close by the end of the year and won't impact Under Armour's previous guidance for 2013 or initial outlook on 2014 at this time.
- What to watch: Under Armour still has a long way to go to catch up to Nike's (NKE +0.6%) formidable lead in fitness technology, but the MapMyFitness buy indicates it's not giving the swoosh a free ride in the growing category.
Oct. 24, 2012, 7:38 AM
May 31, 2012, 8:55 AM
Nike (NKE +1.7%) intends to sell its Cole Haan and Umbro brands "to sharpen its focus on driving growth in the Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands." Nike bought U.K.-based Umbro, which specializes in soccer, in 2008; the company acquired Cole Haan, a maker of casual and dress leather footwear and bags, in 1988. (PR)| May 31, 2012, 8:55 AM