Tue, Jun. 23, 6:07 PM
- NiSource spinoff Columbia Pipeline Group (CPGX) is taking Allegeheny Technologies' (NYSE:ATI) spot in the S&P 500. Allegheny will join the S&P MidCap 400.
- Also joining the S&P 400: Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), Graham Holdings spinoff Cable One, DuPont spinoff Chemours, and the post-spinoff Energizer (NYSE:ENR).
- Getting dropped to the S&P SmallCap 600 from the 400: Unit Corp. (NYSE:UNT), Harsco (NYSE:HSC), and Semtech (NASDAQ:SMTC).
- Also joining the S&P 600: Nektar (NASDAQ:NKTR), Masco spinoff TopBuild, and the new/post-spinoff Gannett (NYSE:GCI). Gannett's broadcast/digital spinoff Tegna (Pending:TGNA) will have old Gannett's spot in the S&P 500.
- Getting dropped from the S&P 600, and not moving up: Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), Paragon Offshore (NYSE:PGN), PetroQuest (NYSE:PQ), Quiksilver (NYSE:ZQK), and FXCM.
- Leaving the S&P 400, and not moving elsewhere: Peabody (NYSE:BTU) and AOL (acquired by Verizon).
- ATI -1% AH. UNT -0.7%. ARO -1.1%. PQ -1.9%. BTU -1.1%. NKTR +5.2%.
- Press Release (.pdf)
Tue, Jun. 23, 5:34 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 12:45 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 9:12 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 5:39 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 12:45 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 29, 2014, 6:07 PM
- Following a successful Phase 3 trial, the FDA has approved Relistor for "the treatment of opioid-induced constipation in patients taking opioids for chronic non-cancer pain."
- Salix (NASDAQ:SLXP) will sell Relistor under a license from developer Progenics (NASDAQ:PGNX). Many expected FDA approval to arrive following a favorable July ruling.
- PGNX +3.4% AH.
- Related tickers: (AZN)(CBST +0.9%)(SGYP -3.4%)(NKTR -0.9%)
Jun. 13, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 13, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jun. 12, 2014, 6:48 PM
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) +9.2% AH after a long trading halt, as an FDA advisory panel recommended against requiring cardiovascular outcome trials for a certain class of drugs - including NKTR's Movantik - in the treatment of constipation caused by opioid medicines (earlier).
- The drug treatment, being developed by NKTR partner AstraZeneca (AZN), also is being reviewed by health agencies in the European Union and Canada.
- The FDA is expected to make a decision on Movantik by Sept. 16.
Jun. 12, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 8:28 AM
- The NASDAQ halts trading of Progenix Pharmaceuticals (PGNX) while the FDA's Anesthetic and Analgesic Drug Products Ad Comm meets today and tomorrow to discuss the potential cardiovascular risks associated with peripherally-acting opioid receptor agonists and the design and size of cardiovascular outcomes trials needed to support the approval of drugs in the class for the indication of opioid-induced constipation (OIC).
- The Ad Comm meeting was originally announced in June 2013 in response to an appeal by Progenics' collaboration partner Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP) of a CRL it received in July 2012 regarding its NDA for Relistor (methylnaltrexone bromide) for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation in patients with chronic non-cancer pain.
- The FDA stated that it will take action under the appeal within 30 days after receiving input from the Advisory Committee.
- Trading in Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) has been halted as well. Its product candidate for OIC is Movantik (naloxegol oxalate).
- Briefing docs
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:46 PM
Nov. 8, 2013, 12:53 PM
Nektar Therapeutics Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company develops a pipeline of drug candidates that utilizes its PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms that are designed to develop molecular entities.
Other News & PR