Thu, Jul. 28, 1:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 9:15 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Apr. 27, 7:26 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Tue, Apr. 12, 2:52 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR) is planning to shut down its European cash equities business, as Japan's biggest brokerage tries to stem years of heavy losses racked up by its long-term drive to become a major global industry player.
- An announcement of the move, along with job reductions in the Americas, may come as early as today, Bloomberg reports.
- Nomura is not alone. Many big institutions have been scaling back their international cash equities due to sluggish trading volumes and rising regulatory costs.
- Following the news, Nomura shares closed up +7.3% in Tokyo.
Tue, Mar. 29, 9:18 AM
Thu, Mar. 24, 8:06 AM
- Amid a trading slump that just won't go away, Nomura (NYSE:NMR) is planning North American job cuts, reports Bloomberg. The brokerage has about 2.5K employees in the Americas, mostly in the U.S. and Canada.
- The news is especially notable given comments late last year from CEO Koji Nagai that his company had room to boost hiring in the Americas even after posting pretax losses for straight quarters.
Fri, Mar. 4, 7:49 AM
- Second-round bids are due in mid-March for Barclays' (NYSE:BCS) SIngapore and Hong Kong private-wealth business, and Nomura (NYSE:NMR) and United Overseas Bank are among those interested, reports Bloomberg.
- Barclays is hoping get up to $400M for the operation.
- The bidders want to boost market-share in Asian wealth management, and the seller is shifting its focus to more profitable businesses in the U.S. and U.K.
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:23 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR): FQ3 EPS of ¥9.61 misses by ¥2.79.
- Revenue of ¥434.53B (-14.4% Y/Y)
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:30 PM
Dec. 21, 2015, 9:16 AM| Dec. 21, 2015, 9:16 AM
Oct. 28, 2015, 6:59 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR): FQ2 Net income of ¥46.6B vs. ¥52.9B in 2Q15
- Revenue of ¥336.6B (-10.0% Y/Y).
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY
Jul. 29, 2015, 8:28 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR): Q2 EPS of ¥18.65
- Revenue of ¥424.03B (+14.3% Y/Y)
May 13, 2015, 2:23 AM
- Philippe Selendy, a lawyer for the FHFA, expects Nomura (NYSE:NMR) and Royal Bank of Scotland's (NYSE:RBS) shoddy MBS conduct before the financial crisis to result in a judgment exceeding $805M.
- Despite the hefty amount, the two would likely receive the mortgage bonds in exchange, which are estimated to be were worth $434M-$479M.
- A proposed judgment is expected to be filed in court Friday.
- Previously: Court says Nomura, RBS misled investors (May. 12 2015)
Nomura Holdings, Inc. engages in the provision of investment and financial services. It operates through the following segments: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale. The Retail segment includes investment consultation services, distribution of trust certificates, and management of insurance... More
Industry: Investment Brokerage - National