Nomura Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Mon, Nov. 28, 1:06 PM
- Morgan Stanley turns around on Japan with its view that a V-shaped recovery will take place.
- The investment firm assigns a sector rating of Overweight to Japan after tagging it previously at Underweight. Japan replaces the U.S. as the top global equity pick.
- Looking ahead, the MS team thinks the yen will weaken to 130 per USD by the middle part of 2018 and that the Bank of Japan will be supportive with ¥6T in annual ETF purchasing.
- New additions to the Morgan Japan Focus List include Yamaha Motor (OTCPK:YAMHF), TDK (OTCPK:TTDKY, OTCPK:TTDKF), Alps Electric (OTCPK:APELY), Hitachi Construction Machinery (OTC:HTCMF), Mitsui OSK (OTC:MSLOF, OTCPK:MSLOY), Olympus (OTCPK:OCPNY, OTC:OCPNF) and Nomura (OTCPK:NRSCF, NMR).
- Japan ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, DBJP, DFJ, JOF, JPNL, DXJS, EZJ, JEQ, EWV, HEWJ, SCJ, JPXN, DXJH, JHDG, QJPN, DXJF, JPMV, FJP, DXJR, DXJT, JPN, DXJC, HGJP, JDG, HFXJ, HJPX, DDJP, DEWJ, FXJP, GSJY, JPNH.
- Source: Bloomberg
Thu, Oct. 27, 8:57 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Sun, Oct. 2, 8:49 AM
- Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB) was dealt a fresh blow yesterday when an Italian court charged the company, an employee and five former executives for colluding with Banca Monte dei Paschi to falsify the Italian lender’s accounts in 2008.
- Prosecutors say Monte Paschi used derivative transactions between it and Deutsche Bank to mask losses from an earlier derivative contract dubbed Santorini.
- Former executives at Nomura (NYSE:NMR) were also indicted Saturday.
- “This is another ugly picture, and it’s painful even if it’s an old transaction,” one analyst said of the new case. “They have their hand caught in every single cookie jar. I think the market is seeing a wounded lion and will soon prey on it," another added.
Thu, Sep. 1, 7:50 AM| Thu, Sep. 1, 7:50 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, Jul. 28, 1:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 9:15 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Apr. 27, 7:26 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR): FQ4 EPS of -¥5.33 may not be comparable to consensus of ¥4.25.
- Revenue of ¥280.14B (-35.5% Y/Y).
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Tue, Apr. 12, 2:52 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR) is planning to shut down its European cash equities business, as Japan's biggest brokerage tries to stem years of heavy losses racked up by its long-term drive to become a major global industry player.
- An announcement of the move, along with job reductions in the Americas, may come as early as today, Bloomberg reports.
- Nomura is not alone. Many big institutions have been scaling back their international cash equities due to sluggish trading volumes and rising regulatory costs.
- Following the news, Nomura shares closed up +7.3% in Tokyo.
Tue, Mar. 29, 9:18 AM
Thu, Mar. 24, 8:06 AM
- Amid a trading slump that just won't go away, Nomura (NYSE:NMR) is planning North American job cuts, reports Bloomberg. The brokerage has about 2.5K employees in the Americas, mostly in the U.S. and Canada.
- The news is especially notable given comments late last year from CEO Koji Nagai that his company had room to boost hiring in the Americas even after posting pretax losses for straight quarters.
Fri, Mar. 4, 7:49 AM
- Second-round bids are due in mid-March for Barclays' (NYSE:BCS) SIngapore and Hong Kong private-wealth business, and Nomura (NYSE:NMR) and United Overseas Bank are among those interested, reports Bloomberg.
- Barclays is hoping get up to $400M for the operation.
- The bidders want to boost market-share in Asian wealth management, and the seller is shifting its focus to more profitable businesses in the U.S. and U.K.
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:23 AM
- Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR): FQ3 EPS of ¥9.61 misses by ¥2.79.
- Revenue of ¥434.53B (-14.4% Y/Y)
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:30 PM