Navios Maritime Acquisition CorporationNYSE
Not All Navios Firms Are Equal: Buy NNA And NAP
J Mintzmyer • 165 Comments
J Mintzmyer • 165 Comments
Navios Maritime Acquisition Remains Incredibly Cheap
J Mintzmyer • 28 Comments
J Mintzmyer • 28 Comments
Thu, Nov. 17, 9:20 AM
- Gainers: RLOG +121%. SINO +99%. GSL +94%. DCIX +32%. NMM +32%. ESEA +24%. TOPS +22%. WNR +22%. NM +22%. NAO +19%. SB +18%. ANW +17%. PANL +16%. SHIP +12%. NTAP +12%. HAIN +11%. GLBS +11%. UAM +11%. GURE +10%. PLCE +8%. NNA 8%. BBY 8%. INCY 6%. RCON 6%. PLUG 6%. GNK 6%. ENDP 6%.
- Losers: LEI -26%. VUZI -18%. SPP -18%. NVTA -14%. FSLR -12%. ZX -10%. TEGP -10%. SSI -9%. STEM -8%. FOXF -8%. TTMI -7%. PFGC -6%.
Wed, Nov. 16, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: GLBS +58%. SINO +45%. GSL +39%. DCIX +39%. STEM +30%. ESEA +22%. SHIP +20%. NM +19%. DAC +19%. ORIG +19%. LEI +18%. TOPS +16%. NMM +18%. SB +15%. SBLK +11%. DSX +9%. JKS +9%. GNK +9%. YRD +7%. TGT +8%. GOGL 8%. EGLE 6%. SAEX 7%. RPRX 7%. NNA 7%. HTBX 7%. NAK 6%.
- Losers: PDLI -15%. LNTH -11%. FLXN -9%. AQMS -7%. VSAT -6%. SID -5%.
Tue, Nov. 8, 7:12 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 11:42 AM
- Oil tanker rates have jumped to a four month high as traders booked the most-ever cargoes for this time of year, offering signs that Middle East producers could be adding barrels to the market just before OPEC cuts.
- Traders booked 141 spot cargoes for the month of October, the highest in at least 12 years, and dayrates on shipments from the Middle East to Asia jumped to nearly $46,900 while a surplus of crude tankers in the Persian Gulf matched the lowest level in a year, Bloomberg reports.
- Relevant tickers include FRO, NAT, TNP, TK, NNA, DHT, GNRT, STNG, GNR, NAP.
Mon, Sep. 12, 9:15 AM
Mon, Sep. 12, 7:49 AM
Sun, Sep. 11, 9:29 AM
- The world's largest container shipping firm is seeing a short-term rise in freight rates and an inflow of new clients after the collapse of Hanjin Shipping (OTC:HNJSF).
- "There's no doubt that we're seeing a reaction in the rate market," said Klaus Rud Sejling, the executive in charge of Maersk Line's (OTCPK:AMKAF) east-west network. "In the short term, the effect is positive... The question is, what will happen with rates in the longer term."
- Related tickers: SHIP, EGLE, GNK, SINO, DRYS, NM, SBLK, DCIX, BALT, SFL, KEX, SB, SALT, DSX, GOGL, MATX, EURN, NNA
Fri, Sep. 9, 3:57 AM
- Korean Air Lines, the biggest shareholder in Hanjin Shipping (OTC:HNJSF), has delayed a decision on a funding plan for the troubled company for a second time, adding to the uncertainty of around $14B of cargo stranded at sea.
- With Hanjin's future in doubt, carriers have announced they will hike container freight rates by as much as 50% beginning next month as retailers scramble to secure shipping ahead of the peak year-end holiday season.
- Related tickers: SHIP, EGLE, GNK, SINO, DRYS, NM, SBLK, DCIX, BALT, SFL, KEX, SB, SALT, DSX, GOGL, MATX, EURN, NNA, UPS, FDX
- ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXG, FXD, RHS, FDIS, FSTA, RCD, PMR, JHMC, JHMS, CNSF, CNDF
Thu, Aug. 18, 7:42 AM
Thu, May 19, 8:12 AM
- Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA): Q1 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $80.42M (+2.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.82M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 7:46 AM
- Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA): Q4 EPS of $0.13 in-line.
- Revenue of $76.69M (+6.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.33M.
Tue, Jan. 12, 11:56 AM
- Tanker investors should re-think their strategy headed into 2016, rotating from companies with exposure to crude oil prices and into companies with product tanker exposure, J.P. Morgan analyst Noah Parquette says.
- While expecting 2016 rates to remain relatively strong, Parquette sees significantly lower rates for crude tankers in 2017-19 due to the firm's new view on the supply/demand balance as vessel deliveries accelerate, demand growth slows with global crude production, crude inventory drawdown occurs, and vessel efficiency improves.
- JPM downgrades Teekay Tankers (TNK -15.1%), DHT Holdings (DHT -9.3%) and Euronav (EURN -6.4%), while maintaining Overweight ratings on Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP -13%), Navios Maritime Acquisition (NNA -6.9%), Ardmore Shipping (ASC -6%) and Scorpio Tankers (STNG -5.3%).
Dec. 17, 2015, 10:48 AM
- GasLog (GLOG -13.6%) and Golar LNG (GLNG -8.1%) are sharply lower in the wake of the Teekay dividend cuts, as the market focuses on GLOG and GLNG following Teekay's (TK -55.6%) announcement and Kinder Morgan's cut earlier this month.
- Wells Fargo downgrades TK and GLOG to Market Perform from Outperform, saying pressure around dividend cuts is likely to continue weighing on the stocks.
- The firm issues reduced price target ranges for the stocks, to $18-$20 from $35-$37 for TK and to $10-$12 from $21-$23 at GLNG.
- Also: TGP -45.8%, GMLP -34%, GLOP -8.4%, STNG -3.5%, NNA -3.2%, NAP -2.2%.
Dec. 7, 2015, 2:24 AM
- Shippers are protesting a new marine shipping safety rule they say will raise transport costs and cause delays at ports worldwide.
- The regulation, which kicks in next July in 171 countries, requires exporters to certify the weight of containers before they're loaded for transport.
- Carriers say accurate weights are needed because heavy containers frequently damage cargo and even cause vessels to capsize, but shippers in many countries say they are ill-equipped to weigh so many containers.
- Related tickers: SHIP, FREE, EGLE, GNK, SINO, DRYS, NM, SBLK, DCIX, BALT, PRGN, SFL, KEX, SB, SALT, DSX, GOGL, MATX, EURN, NNA
Nov. 10, 2015, 7:11 AM
- Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA): Q3 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $77.69M (+12.1% Y/Y) beats by $3.99M.
Oct. 19, 2015, 10:21 AM
- JPMorgan is pointing to economic news out of China as a positive sign for tanker stocks.
- The investment firm notes that China was a net exporter of refined products for the third straight month and saw a significant jump in crude oil imports.
- Despite the positive spin from JP, the tanker sector is trading mostly lower on macroeconomic developments, including a sub-7% GDP print from China. Dry bulk shipping stocks are mixed on the day.
- Related stocks: DHT, FRO, NNA, TNP, TNK, NAT, SFL, EURN.