What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap NanoViricides (NNVC +15.5%) is up on increased volume in early trading in response to its announcement of an agreement with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Eye Center's Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory for the testing of its drug candidates in standard animal models of ocular virus infections.
- The tests will be performed to assess their efficacy and potency as anti-viral agents in ocular viral infections. If successful, the company plans to file an Investigational New Application (IND) with the FDA for clearance to start clinical trials.
- The firm's nanoviricide drug candidates are designed to specifically attack virus particles and dismantle them. A nanoviricide is created by attaching a virus-binding ligand (derived from the virus's cell surface receptor) to a flexible polymer. Pipeline candidates include drugs for H5N1 bird flu, seasonal influenza, HIV, Epidemic Kerato-Conjunctivitis, hepatitis C, rabies, dengue fever and Ebola.
Dec. 24, 2015, 12:31 PM
Dec. 10, 2015, 2:59 AM
- New Ebola cases have surfaced in Liberia, the worst hit of all Ebola-affected nations, suggesting that the fight against the disease could take months, or even years, to fully eliminate.
- Recent scientific studies and case reports indicate the Ebola virus can persist in survivors' bodily fluids months longer than previously thought.
- Liberia has already been declared Ebola-free (42 days pass without a new episode of hemorrhagic fever) twice this year, only to see new cases appear.
- Previously: Sierra Leone declared free of Ebola (Nov. 08 2015)
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED
Sep. 18, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 10, 2015, 7:06 AM
- The World Health Organization has declared Liberia free of Ebola, marking the end of a national outbreak that infected as many as 400 new victims a week at its peak.
- Liberia has now gone 42 days - twice Ebola's maximum incubation period - since the burial of its last confirmed patient without discovering a new case.
- The disease is still spreading in Sierra Leone and Guinea, though at a slower pace. According to WHO statistics, more than 11,000 people have died from the virus, with about half of them in Liberia.
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, TKMR, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
May 1, 2015, 5:36 PM
Feb. 25, 2015, 9:24 AM
- NanoViricides (NYSEMKT:NNVC): FQ2 EPS of -$0.04
- cash and equivalents $35.26M
Feb. 11, 2015, 3:38 AM
- President Obama is expected to announce plans today to withdraw most of the U.S. troops assigned to combat the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, where they had been deployed to assist with supply logistics, construction and training.
- The return of the troops comes as the number of new infections drops in the region - from 1,000 new suspected, probable and confirmed Ebola cases a week in October to about 150 a week in recent reports.
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, TKMR -0.5% AH
Jan. 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jan. 22, 2015, 12:12 PM
- Thinly-traded micro cap NanoViricides (NNVC +20.5%) moves up in early trading on higher volume albeit on modest turnover of 230K shares. Before the open, the company announced that it shipped several anti-Ebola nanoviricide drug candidates to an unnamed "hi-security bio-containment facility" for evaluation.
- The company states that it progressed from design to synthesis of the drug candidates in only four months using its rapid design platform.
- Related tickers: (TKMR +0.2%)(BCRX -2.9%)(HEB -3.2%)(INO -2.3%)(SRPT -0.4%)(CMRX -1.4%)(ABIO -1.6%)
Nov. 20, 2014, 11:03 AM
- The Securities and Exchange Commission suspends trading in thinly-traded nano caps Bravo Enterprises (OTCQB:OGNG), Immunotech Labs (OTCPK:IMMB), Myriad Interactive Media (MYRY) and Wholehealth Products (OTCPK:GWPC) citing a lack of publicly available information about the firms' operations.
- The SEC can suspend trading in a stock for 10 days and prohibit broker-dealers from soliciting buyers and sellers until certain reporting requirements are met.
- Ebola Small Cap Index (based on trading behavior): (OTCQB:AEMD -7%)(HEB +1.4%)(TKMR +0.2%)(NLNK +5.4%)(NNVC +2.9%)(INO +5%)(OTCQB:GOVX -2.1%)(SRPT +3.5%)(CMRX -1.3%)(PLX -0.9%)(NSPH -1.4%)(BCRX +0.4%)(LAKE -1.9%)(APT -2.4%)(VSR)(SMED +0.7%)
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:06 PM
- Nano cap Aethlon Medical (OTCQB:AEMD +29.8%) jumps on massive turnover of 10M shares in response to its report of the successful treatment of a critically-ill Ebola patient in Germany with its Hemopurifier bio-filtration device. In a post-treatment analysis, the device captured 242M Ebola viruses. The patient is expected to make a full recovery.
- The Hemopurifier targets the broad-spectrum elimination of viruses and immunosuppressive proteins from the blood.
- The stock has more than tripled since mid-October when the first treatment with the Hemopurifier was reported.
- Some of the members of the trading behavior-characterized Ebola Small Cap Index have completed their round trips. (HEB +1.2%)(TKMR +5.1%)(NLNK +2.5%)(NNVC -3.8%)(INO -8.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX)(SRPT -0.7%)(CMRX +4.4%)(PLX -1%)(NSPH -0.2%)(BCRX +0.7%)(LAKE +1.3%)(APT +0.2%)(VSR -0.7%)(SMED -2.7%)
Nov. 17, 2014, 10:20 AM
- NanoViricides (NNVC -3.2%) FQ1 results: Revenues: $0; R&D Expense: $0.8M (-33.3%); G&A: $0.9M (+28.6%); Operating Loss: ($1.7M) (+10.5%); Net Loss: ($0.2M) (+96.8%); EPS: $0 ;Quick Assets: $41.1M (12.0%).
- No guidance given.
Nov. 17, 2014, 9:12 AM
- NanoViricides (NYSEMKT:NNVC): FQ1 EPS of $0 beats by $0.05.
- Cash and equivalents 41.12M.
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:10 AM
- The CDC has published new guidelines on healthcare workers who have returned from caring for Ebola patients in Africa following days of disagreements between the federal government and state governors.
- The guidelines recommend that people at high risk of developing Ebola voluntarily isolate themselves from others for 21 days.
- Several states, including New York and New Jersey, still require mandatory quarantines on such people, which has triggered the tensions with the White House.
- Ebola Small-cap Index: HEB, TKMR, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, BCRX, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
Nanoviricides Inc is a development stage nano-biopharmaceutical company. Its business activities are to discover, develop and commercialize therapeutics to take care of patients suffering from life-threatening viral infections.
Other News & PR