NanoViricides - The Next Gilead Or A Speculative Ebola Play Hemorrhaging Cash?
BioTech Horizons • 45 Comments
BioTech Horizons • 45 Comments
Fri, Jul. 1, 11:01 AM
Tue, May 31, 11:00 AM
Thu, Mar. 31, 12:46 PM
Mon, Feb. 22, 12:44 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 10:32 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap NanoViricides (NNVC +15.5%) is up on increased volume in early trading in response to its announcement of an agreement with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Eye Center's Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory for the testing of its drug candidates in standard animal models of ocular virus infections.
- The tests will be performed to assess their efficacy and potency as anti-viral agents in ocular viral infections. If successful, the company plans to file an Investigational New Application (IND) with the FDA for clearance to start clinical trials.
- The firm's nanoviricide drug candidates are designed to specifically attack virus particles and dismantle them. A nanoviricide is created by attaching a virus-binding ligand (derived from the virus's cell surface receptor) to a flexible polymer. Pipeline candidates include drugs for H5N1 bird flu, seasonal influenza, HIV, Epidemic Kerato-Conjunctivitis, hepatitis C, rabies, dengue fever and Ebola.
Dec. 24, 2015, 12:31 PM
Sep. 18, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 1, 2015, 5:36 PM
Jan. 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jan. 22, 2015, 12:12 PM
- Thinly-traded micro cap NanoViricides (NNVC +20.5%) moves up in early trading on higher volume albeit on modest turnover of 230K shares. Before the open, the company announced that it shipped several anti-Ebola nanoviricide drug candidates to an unnamed "hi-security bio-containment facility" for evaluation.
- The company states that it progressed from design to synthesis of the drug candidates in only four months using its rapid design platform.
- Related tickers: (TKMR +0.2%)(BCRX -2.9%)(HEB -3.2%)(INO -2.3%)(SRPT -0.4%)(CMRX -1.4%)(ABIO -1.6%)
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:06 PM
- Nano cap Aethlon Medical (OTCQB:AEMD +29.8%) jumps on massive turnover of 10M shares in response to its report of the successful treatment of a critically-ill Ebola patient in Germany with its Hemopurifier bio-filtration device. In a post-treatment analysis, the device captured 242M Ebola viruses. The patient is expected to make a full recovery.
- The Hemopurifier targets the broad-spectrum elimination of viruses and immunosuppressive proteins from the blood.
- The stock has more than tripled since mid-October when the first treatment with the Hemopurifier was reported.
- Some of the members of the trading behavior-characterized Ebola Small Cap Index have completed their round trips. (HEB +1.2%)(TKMR +5.1%)(NLNK +2.5%)(NNVC -3.8%)(INO -8.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX)(SRPT -0.7%)(CMRX +4.4%)(PLX -1%)(NSPH -0.2%)(BCRX +0.7%)(LAKE +1.3%)(APT +0.2%)(VSR -0.7%)(SMED -2.7%)
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:57 PM
- The physician - who lives in Upper Manhattan - had returned to NYC ten days ago after treating Ebola patients in West Africa. Late in the trading session today, stocks gave back some of their big gains on a report he had been hospitalized with Ebola-type symptoms.
- City officials are at work tracing the doctor's contacts to determine who else may be at risk, and his girlfriend is being tested for the disease.
- S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) futures are lower by 0.5%.
- Ebola Small-cap Index: HEB. TKMR, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, BCRX, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
Oct. 23, 2014, 3:49 PM
- The Ebola Small Cap Index is mostly up today after a report that a potentially infected patient is under quarantine in New York.
- (HEB -0.7%)(TKMR +2.9%)(NLNK -1.5%)(NNVC +1.8%)(INO +2.6%)(OTCQB:GOVX -9.1%)(SRPT +3.5%)(CMRX +4.7%)(PLX +1.7%)(NSPH +1.8%)(BCRX +4.2%)(LAKE +18.7%)(APT +5.6%)(VSR +6.1%)(SMED +3.3%)
Oct. 16, 2014, 9:09 AM
- As previously reported,the company licensed iBioLaunch to would-be ZMapp manufacturer Caliber Biotherapeutics.
- Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:HEB) (NASDAQ:TKMR) (NASDAQ:NLNK) (NYSEMKT:NNVC) (NASDAQ:INO) (OTCQB:GOVX) (NASDAQ:SRPT) (NASDAQ:CMRX) (NYSEMKT:PLX) (NASDAQ:NSPH) (NASDAQ:BCRX) (NASDAQ:LAKE) (NYSEMKT:APT) (NYSEMKT:VSR) (NASDAQ:SMED)
Oct. 15, 2014, 8:57 AM
- The report of a second Ebola infection at the Texas hospital that treated Thomas Eric Duncan has traders clamoring for Ebola-related stocks this morning.
- Premarket moves for the Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:IBIO): +4%; (NYSEMKT:HEB): +5%; (NASDAQ:TKMR): +4%; (NASDAQ:NLNK): +6%; (NYSEMKT:NNVC): +1%; (NASDAQ:INO): +0.4%; (NASDAQ:BCRX): +5%; (OTCQB:GOVX): n/a; (NASDAQ:SRPT): +2%; (NASDAQ:CMRX): +4%; (NYSEMKT:PLX): +2%; (NASDAQ:NSPH): +5%; (NASDAQ:SMED): +6%; (NASDAQ:LAKE): +15%: (NYSEMKT:APT): +20%; (NYSEMKT:VSR): +37%.
- LAKE, APT and VSR are the only ones up on high volume.
NanoViricides, Inc. is a development stage company, which is engaged in the application of nanomedicine technologies to the complex issues of viral diseases. It engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of anti-viral therapeutics primarily in the United States. The company has... More
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Major
Country: United States