Donald Marchiony, Westpark Capital • 13 Comments
Thu, Jun. 9, 10:50 AM
- National Presto (NPK -0.6%) announced yesterday it won a "$84.5 million 40mm systems contract with the Department of the Army."
- Donald Marchiony of Westpark Capital, who had tabbed the stock as a long idea with 30% upside in April, likes the news:
- "This is a significant development, as it should be incremental to the current U.S. government business and the Chemring contract discussed in the original thesis."
- "[The contract should result] in an increase to EPS of $1.40. This would take our $7.80 estimate to roughly $9.20, and imply that NPK is trading at ~10x 2017E EPS."
- Marchiony cites significant free cash flow, a strong balance sheet, and opportunities in the absorbent product segment (i.e. adult diapers) as reasons "the stock remains undervalued, and the risk/reward is still compelling."
Sep. 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
Companies paying out healthy dividends grabs a lot of notice, and that's not even accounting for ones that utilize "special dividends" instead of regular quarter dividends. A typical filter misses these below-the-radar gems because the payout isn't a sure thing, but a few firms make a habit of rewarding investors this way. If the past is prologue, 3 stocks fit the bill (with implied yields): DO +5.6%, VRSN +9.3%, NPK +8.6%.| Sep. 15, 2011, 11:08 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 11, 2010, 4:49 PM
Dec. 29, 2009, 5:20 PM