Chris DeMuth Jr. • 31 Comments
Tue, Oct. 18, 3:27 PM
- Shares of MakeMyTrip (NASDAQ:MMYT) are up 49% after the company announced it would combine with Indian online travel company Ibibo.
- The deal is structured so that Ibibo owner Naspers (OTCPK:NPSNY) and Tencent Holdings (OTCPK:TCEHY) will end up holding about 40% of MakeMyTrip's shares.
- Previously: MakeMyTrip to combine with Ibibo Group (Oct. 18)
Fri, Jun. 24, 1:06 PM
Wed, Jan. 20, 10:56 AM
- Media giant Naspers (OTCPK:NPSNY -7%) has named Laurent Le Moal, former EMEA VP for PayPal, as the CEO of its PayU payment provider unit.
- Le Moal finished an 11-year career at PayPal in charge of Continental Europe, Russia, Middle East and Africa, and Naspers plans to tap his "understanding of digital payments in markets with long-term growth potential."
- He'll lead strategy and development at PayU, "developing payment solutions which meet the local needs of both consumers and merchants."
Jun. 21, 2013, 11:51 PM
Naspers (NPSNY.PK), the South African media giant, together with Tencent (TCEHY.PK), its partner in JV Ibibo, is acquiring Redbus.in, the online ticketing company that Techcrunch calls "a dominant and disruptive force" in how people travel in India. At a reported price of about $120M, it would be the biggest overseas strategic acquisition of an Indian internet asset.| Jun. 21, 2013, 11:51 PM