Wed, Nov. 4, 7:26 AM
Tue, Nov. 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Tue, Aug. 4, 2:27 PM
- NRG Energy (NRG -10.5%) and NRG Yield (NYLD -13.7%) are sharply lower after reporting disappointing Q2 results (I, II), with earnings and revenues well below expectations; NYLD also lowered forward guidance, citing low wind production and fewer residential solar leases.
- NYLD cut guidance for 2015 adjusted EBITDA to $660M from $690M and 2015 cash available for distribution to $160M from $195M, while also making the "surprising assertion" that it does not expect the change to have any effect on its current dividend or long-term dividend growth.
- NYLD says it is targeting a $0.25/share quarterly dividend by Q4 2016, a 19% increase over the current rate and a 67% increase since its first post-IPO dividend in Q4 2013.
Tue, Aug. 4, 6:43 AM
Fri, May 8, 7:12 AM
Fri, Feb. 27, 10:31 AM
- NRG Energy (NRG -1.2%) fluctuates in early trading and is now lower after swinging to a Q4 profit of $119M, compared with a year-ago loss of $297M, as favorable margins helped earnings more than double in its renewables segment.
- Income fell 16% Y/Y in NRG's business segment and slid 8% in the home retail segment, but more than doubled in the renewables segment; the losses were mostly because of mild weather, while the growth in renewables was in part due to better margins from existing assets.
- NRG affirmed its full-year guidance, which it had previously lowered in November, for adjusted EBITDA of $3.2B-$3.4B and free cash flow before growth investments of $1.1B-$1.3B.
Fri, Feb. 27, 7:08 AM
Thu, Feb. 26, 5:30 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 11:49 AM
- NRG Energy (NRG +3.5%) enjoys strong gains after Q3 results showed sharply higher earnings and revenues despite a relatively tame summer.
- The gain was led by the retail sector, which posted an $88M gain vs. a $56M loss in the year-ago quarter, driven by higher margins from the acquisition of Dominion Resources’ retail business which closed in April; profit in the wholesale market fell to $147M from $282M in the previous year.
- NRG cut its EBITDA outlook to $3.1B-$3.2B, down from its previous guidance of $3.2B-$3.4B.
- NRG also says it has started construction on a new $150M natural gas fired generation plant in Galveston County with the capacity to power 72K homes at peak demand.
Nov. 5, 2014, 6:56 AM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACT, ANSS, ARIA, ATHM, AVA, AWR, AXAS, BBEP, BPI, BSFT, CBB, CCC, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CNP, COV, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DNR, DUK, EE, ENB, ENDP, FSS, GLDD, GTN, HFC, HL, HRC, INXN, KELYA, LAMR, LPX, LVLT, MDLZ, MEMP, MGA, MNTA, MVIS, NICE, NRG, NUS, OGE, PWE, PWR, RDC, RLGY, ROC, RRD, RTI, SBGI, SE, SEP, SMG, SSYS, STWD, SWC, THI, TMHC, TRGT, TW, TWX, VG, VOYA, WCG, WIX, YORW
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:50 AM
- NRG Energy (NRG -0.6%) opens lower after posting a Q2 loss, as higher operating costs and expenses masked an increase in revenue.
- NRG reported a Q2 loss of $0.30/share, down from earnings of $0.37 in Q2 2013 and missing the consensus analyst estimate of $0.15, if comparable.
- NRG's retail, renewables and corporate segments all reported losses for the quarter, but its wholesale business and NRG Yield (NYLD -3%) posted profits.
- Q2 operating revenue jumped 24% Y/Y to $3.62B, but operating costs and expenses surged 34% to $3.53B.
- Reaffirms FY 2014 guidance for adjusted EBITDA of $3.2B-$3.4B and free cash flow before growth investments of $1.2B-$1.4B.
- NRG also says it is reorganizing the company to focus more on the industry's high-growth segments, and announces a pollution reduction plan for its four Illinois coal-fired generating plants.
Aug. 7, 2014, 7:33 AM
May 6, 2014, 9:47 AM
- NRG Energy (NRG +1.9%) opens strong after reporting a sharply reduced Q1 loss on soaring revenue that far outpaced market expectations, and agreeing to a drop-down of assets to NRG Yield (NYLD -0.2%) for $349M cash and the assumption of $657M in project debt.
- The deal consists of two solar facilities and a fast-start, gas-fired facility in California.
- NRG also raises its FY 2014 guidance, seeing adjusted EBITDA of $3.2B-$3.4B vs. its prior view of $2.7B-$2.9B; also raises its free cash flow outlook to $1.2B-$1.4B from $950M-$1.15B.
May 6, 2014, 6:59 AM
May 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACOR, AER, AKRX, AME, ARCC, ARCO, ARW, BCE, BCS, CBOE, CNK, COCO, CRTO, CRZO, CYNO, DISCA, DNR, DTV, DWRE, EMR, EXH, EXLP, FE, GDP, GLDD, HCP, HFC, HPT, HSH, HSIC, HTH, IFF, ISIS, KWK, MMP, MNTA, MONT, MOS, MPW, MSO, MVIS, MWIV, NRG, [[NTi]], NUS, ODP, OXF, PDCE, PQ, PRIM, RDC, RHP, RTI, RTRX, STWD, TDG, TGH, TPH, TW, UBS, VMC, VSH, VTG, WCG, WNR, XRAY, ZBRA, ZTS.
NRG Energy Inc is engaged in ownership & operation of power generation facilities; the trading of energy, capacity & related products; transacting in & trading of fuel & transportation services & the direct sale of energy, services to retail customers.
Other News & PR