Nanosphere: There's Gold In Its Diagnostic Tools
Cory Renauer • 20 Comments
Cory Renauer • 20 Comments
Mon, May 23, 12:48 PM
Mon, May 23, 9:16 AM
Fri, May 20, 7:32 AM
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARWR) initiated with Buy rating and $12 (140% upside) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Amicus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FOLD) initiated with Buy rating and $10 (45% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Quorum Health (NYSE:QHC) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $12 (2% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- TESARO (NASDAQ:TSRO) initiated with Outperform rating and $56 (30% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
- Prothena (NASDAQ:PRTA) initiated with Overweight rating and $60 (47% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Mazor Robotics (NASDAQ:MZOR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo. Price target raised to $15-17 (14% upside from midpoint) from $10-13.
- Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) upgraded to Strong Buy with a price target of $88.67 (19% upside) by the Vetr Community.
- Haemonetics (NYSE:HAE) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $29 (5% upside) from $25.
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Rodman & Renshaw. Price target lowered to $1.35 (2% upside) from $2.00.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANAC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho Securities. Price target set at $99.25 (0% upside).
- Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $21 (10% downside risk) from $26.
- EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:EPRS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Leerink Swann. Price target lowered to $0.75 (27% upside).
Mon, May 16, 7:25 AM
Mon, May 16, 6:50 AM
- Luminex (NASDAQ:LMNX) agrees to acquire Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) for $58M in cash or $1.35 per share, a 73% premium over Friday's close of $0.78. The transaction will be financed with cash on hand. The deal, expected to close in Q2, should be accretive to non-GAAP earnings by the end of 2017.
- Nanosphere generated ~$21M in revenue in 2015 and $6.6M in Q1 2016. It is expected to add $13M to $16M to Luminex's top line this year. The molecular diagnostics company's lead product is the Verigene system, which detects pathogens like Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and Clostridium difficile.
- Luminex will host a conference call this morning at 8:30 am ET to discuss the transaction.
- Update: On May 23, Luminex ups its offer to $1.70 per share or $77M in response to a competitive bid at $1.50 per share.
Mon, May 16, 6:04 AM
Wed, Mar. 9, 10:35 AM
- Ultragenyx (RARE -1.5%) initiated with Outperform rating and $85 (44% upside) price target by Baird.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN -1.6%) initiated with Outperform rating and $110 (33% upside) price target by Baird.
- Nanosphere (NSPH +1.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $2 (117% upside) price target by Rodman & Renshaw.
- BioSpecifics Technologies (BSTC -0.9%) initiated with Buy rating and $60 (68% upside) price target by Rodman & Renshaw.
- Proteostasis Therapeutics (PTI +7.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (67% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright. Initiated with Outperform rating and $20 (122% upside) price target by RBC Capital. Initiated with Outperform rating and $13 (44% upside) price target by Baird.
- AveXis (AVXS -0.8%) initiated with Outperform rating and $31 (44% upside) price target by BMO Capital. Initiated with Buy rating and $28 (30% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Delcath Systems (DCTH +2.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $1 (233% upside) price target by WallachBeth.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD -1.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Janney Capital. Price target raised to $12 (61% upside) from $10.
- Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX +1.4%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Jefferies. Price target lowered to $4 (10% upside) from $31.
- MEDNAX (MD -0.2%) downgraded to Neutral from Positive by Susquehanna. Price target lowered to $70 (8% upside) from $94.
- Roka Bioscience (ROKA -8.8%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform. Price target lowered to $1 (22% upside).
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH +0.1%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Argus Research.
Wed, Feb. 24, 4:05 PM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ALDW, ALJ, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AWK, AWR, AXTI, BLDP, BWXT, CEMP, CHDN, CLGX, CLI, CLR, CRM, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DAVE, DMRC, DOOR, DPM, DTLK, DYN, ECPG, EPR, EQY, ESV, ETE, ETP, FARO, FLTX, FOE, FRGI, FUEL, GDOT, GMED, GXP, HPQ, HTH, IL, IMAX, INN, KEYW, LB, LGCY, LQ, MMLP, MTDR, NFX, NLY, NSPH, NTES, OAS, PE, PHH, QEP, RATE, RBCN, RGR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RLYP, RSPP, SBY, SN, SPTN, SRC, SUN, SXL, TAL, TCAP, TILE, TNDM, TS, TSLX, TUMI, TXTR, VIPS, WES, WGP, WLL, WPX, WR, WSR, XPO, ZPIN
Wed, Jan. 6, 5:08 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) is up 38% after hours on average volume in response to its announcement of preliminary 2015 results. Top line revenue for Q4 and 2015 should be $6.8M (+48%) and $21.0M (+47%), respectively. It also reports 35 new customer placements in Q4 for its Verigene analyzer.
- Final results and 2016 guidance will be announced next month.
Dec. 18, 2015, 9:56 AM
Dec. 17, 2015, 6:46 PM
- Molecular diagnostics specialist Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) has priced a public offering with expected gross proceeds at $10M.
- The pricing comes to $0.47/share of common stock; shares closed today down 10.2% to $0.485. Each share of common stock is coupled with a five-year warrant to buy another share of common stock with a $0.70 exercise price.
- The offering is set to close on or about Tuesday. The company plans to use proceeds for working capital and general purposes.
Dec. 10, 2015, 2:59 AM
- New Ebola cases have surfaced in Liberia, the worst hit of all Ebola-affected nations, suggesting that the fight against the disease could take months, or even years, to fully eliminate.
- Recent scientific studies and case reports indicate the Ebola virus can persist in survivors' bodily fluids months longer than previously thought.
- Liberia has already been declared Ebola-free (42 days pass without a new episode of hemorrhagic fever) twice this year, only to see new cases appear.
- Previously: Sierra Leone declared free of Ebola (Nov. 08 2015)
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:06 PM
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH): Q3 EPS of -$1.31 misses by $0.16.
- Revenue of $4.9M (+32.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.01M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Sep. 9, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nanosphere, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and market of molecular diagnostics platform. Its platform, Verigene System, enables clinicians to identify and treat bacteria and viruses responsible for some of the most complex, costly, and deadly infectious diseases. The company was... More
Industry: Medical Instruments & Supplies
Country: United States
Other News & PR