Mon, May 23, 12:48 PM
Mon, May 23, 9:16 AM
Fri, May 20, 7:32 AM
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARWR) initiated with Buy rating and $12 (140% upside) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Amicus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FOLD) initiated with Buy rating and $10 (45% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Quorum Health (NYSE:QHC) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $12 (2% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- TESARO (NASDAQ:TSRO) initiated with Outperform rating and $56 (30% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
- Prothena (NASDAQ:PRTA) initiated with Overweight rating and $60 (47% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Mazor Robotics (NASDAQ:MZOR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo. Price target raised to $15-17 (14% upside from midpoint) from $10-13.
- Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) upgraded to Strong Buy with a price target of $88.67 (19% upside) by the Vetr Community.
- Haemonetics (NYSE:HAE) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $29 (5% upside) from $25.
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Rodman & Renshaw. Price target lowered to $1.35 (2% upside) from $2.00.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANAC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho Securities. Price target set at $99.25 (0% upside).
- Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $21 (10% downside risk) from $26.
- EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:EPRS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Leerink Swann. Price target lowered to $0.75 (27% upside).
Mon, May 16, 7:25 AM
- Nanosphere (NSPH) Q1 results: Revenues: $6.6M (+43.5%); R&D Expense: $3.7M (+2.8%); SG&A: $4.9M (-5.8%); Operating Loss: ($5.6M) (+22.2%); Net Loss: ($6.6M) (+12.0%); Loss Per Share: ($0.55) (+57.4%); Quick Assets: $13.4M (-11.3%).
- No guidance given.
Mon, May 16, 6:50 AM
- Luminex (NASDAQ:LMNX) agrees to acquire Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) for $58M in cash or $1.35 per share, a 73% premium over Friday's close of $0.78. The transaction will be financed with cash on hand. The deal, expected to close in Q2, should be accretive to non-GAAP earnings by the end of 2017.
- Nanosphere generated ~$21M in revenue in 2015 and $6.6M in Q1 2016. It is expected to add $13M to $16M to Luminex's top line this year. The molecular diagnostics company's lead product is the Verigene system, which detects pathogens like Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and Clostridium difficile.
- Luminex will host a conference call this morning at 8:30 am ET to discuss the transaction.
- Update: On May 23, Luminex ups its offer to $1.70 per share or $77M in response to a competitive bid at $1.50 per share.
Mon, May 16, 6:04 AM
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH): Q1 EPS of -$0.55 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $6.59M (+42.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.09M.
Wed, Mar. 9, 10:35 AM
- Ultragenyx (RARE -1.5%) initiated with Outperform rating and $85 (44% upside) price target by Baird.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN -1.6%) initiated with Outperform rating and $110 (33% upside) price target by Baird.
- Nanosphere (NSPH +1.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $2 (117% upside) price target by Rodman & Renshaw.
- BioSpecifics Technologies (BSTC -0.9%) initiated with Buy rating and $60 (68% upside) price target by Rodman & Renshaw.
- Proteostasis Therapeutics (PTI +7.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (67% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright. Initiated with Outperform rating and $20 (122% upside) price target by RBC Capital. Initiated with Outperform rating and $13 (44% upside) price target by Baird.
- AveXis (AVXS -0.8%) initiated with Outperform rating and $31 (44% upside) price target by BMO Capital. Initiated with Buy rating and $28 (30% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Delcath Systems (DCTH +2.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $1 (233% upside) price target by WallachBeth.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD -1.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Janney Capital. Price target raised to $12 (61% upside) from $10.
- Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX +1.4%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Jefferies. Price target lowered to $4 (10% upside) from $31.
- MEDNAX (MD -0.2%) downgraded to Neutral from Positive by Susquehanna. Price target lowered to $70 (8% upside) from $94.
- Roka Bioscience (ROKA -8.8%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform. Price target lowered to $1 (22% upside).
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH +0.1%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Argus Research.
Wed, Feb. 24, 4:05 PM
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH): Q4 EPS of -$1.28 misses by $0.23.
- Revenue of $6.85M (+47.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.55M.
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ALDW, ALJ, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AWK, AWR, AXTI, BLDP, BWXT, CEMP, CHDN, CLGX, CLI, CLR, CRM, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DAVE, DMRC, DOOR, DPM, DTLK, DYN, ECPG, EPR, EQY, ESV, ETE, ETP, FARO, FLTX, FOE, FRGI, FUEL, GDOT, GMED, GXP, HPQ, HTH, IL, IMAX, INN, KEYW, LB, LGCY, LQ, MMLP, MTDR, NFX, NLY, NSPH, NTES, OAS, PE, PHH, QEP, RATE, RBCN, RGR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RLYP, RSPP, SBY, SN, SPTN, SRC, SUN, SXL, TAL, TCAP, TILE, TNDM, TS, TSLX, TUMI, TXTR, VIPS, WES, WGP, WLL, WPX, WR, WSR, XPO, ZPIN
Wed, Jan. 6, 5:08 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) is up 38% after hours on average volume in response to its announcement of preliminary 2015 results. Top line revenue for Q4 and 2015 should be $6.8M (+48%) and $21.0M (+47%), respectively. It also reports 35 new customer placements in Q4 for its Verigene analyzer.
- Final results and 2016 guidance will be announced next month.
Dec. 18, 2015, 9:56 AM
Dec. 17, 2015, 6:46 PM
- Molecular diagnostics specialist Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) has priced a public offering with expected gross proceeds at $10M.
- The pricing comes to $0.47/share of common stock; shares closed today down 10.2% to $0.485. Each share of common stock is coupled with a five-year warrant to buy another share of common stock with a $0.70 exercise price.
- The offering is set to close on or about Tuesday. The company plans to use proceeds for working capital and general purposes.
Dec. 10, 2015, 2:59 AM
- New Ebola cases have surfaced in Liberia, the worst hit of all Ebola-affected nations, suggesting that the fight against the disease could take months, or even years, to fully eliminate.
- Recent scientific studies and case reports indicate the Ebola virus can persist in survivors' bodily fluids months longer than previously thought.
- Liberia has already been declared Ebola-free (42 days pass without a new episode of hemorrhagic fever) twice this year, only to see new cases appear.
- Previously: Sierra Leone declared free of Ebola (Nov. 08 2015)
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:06 PM
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH): Q3 EPS of -$1.31 misses by $0.16.
- Revenue of $4.9M (+32.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.01M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Sep. 9, 2015, 12:44 PM