Wed, Sep. 9, 12:44 PM
Tue, Sep. 8, 9:14 AM
Tue, Sep. 8, 8:53 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) jumps 27% premarket on robust volume in response to its announcement that the FDA has issued 510(k) clearance for its Verigene Respiratory Pathogens Flex Nucleic Acid Test (RP Flex), which allows 16 viral and bacterial targets to be reported as one multiplex panel or in various user-defined subsets. Laboratories pay for only for the targets ordered for each patient sample.
- Verigene RP Flex adds to the company's Verigene menu of infectious disease tests which includes the Verigene Gram-Positive and Gram-Negative Blood Culture Tests, Enteric Pathogens Test and Clostridium difficile Test.
- The Verigene System is an automated benchtop molecular diagnostics analyzer.
Mon, Aug. 10, 4:07 PM
Mon, Jun. 8, 5:41 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) places $4.4M of convertible preferred stock and warrants to purchase shares of common stock with an institutional investor. The preferred stock is convertible into an aggregate of 1,203,830 shares of common stock at $3.655 per share. The warrants are exercisable into an aggregate of 1,203,830 shares of common at $3.54 per share commencing six months from the closing date.
- Net proceeds of ~$4M will be used for general corporate purposes.
- Shares are down 4% after hours on light volume.
Wed, May 27, 9:18 AM
Mon, May 11, 12:48 PM
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:06 PM
- Nano cap Aethlon Medical (OTCQB:AEMD +29.8%) jumps on massive turnover of 10M shares in response to its report of the successful treatment of a critically-ill Ebola patient in Germany with its Hemopurifier bio-filtration device. In a post-treatment analysis, the device captured 242M Ebola viruses. The patient is expected to make a full recovery.
- The Hemopurifier targets the broad-spectrum elimination of viruses and immunosuppressive proteins from the blood.
- The stock has more than tripled since mid-October when the first treatment with the Hemopurifier was reported.
- Some of the members of the trading behavior-characterized Ebola Small Cap Index have completed their round trips. (HEB +1.2%)(TKMR +5.1%)(NLNK +2.5%)(NNVC -3.8%)(INO -8.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX)(SRPT -0.7%)(CMRX +4.4%)(PLX -1%)(NSPH -0.2%)(BCRX +0.7%)(LAKE +1.3%)(APT +0.2%)(VSR -0.7%)(SMED -2.7%)
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:57 PM
- The physician - who lives in Upper Manhattan - had returned to NYC ten days ago after treating Ebola patients in West Africa. Late in the trading session today, stocks gave back some of their big gains on a report he had been hospitalized with Ebola-type symptoms.
- City officials are at work tracing the doctor's contacts to determine who else may be at risk, and his girlfriend is being tested for the disease.
- S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) futures are lower by 0.5%.
- Ebola Small-cap Index: HEB. TKMR, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, BCRX, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
Oct. 23, 2014, 3:49 PM
- The Ebola Small Cap Index is mostly up today after a report that a potentially infected patient is under quarantine in New York.
- (HEB -0.7%)(TKMR +2.9%)(NLNK -1.5%)(NNVC +1.8%)(INO +2.6%)(OTCQB:GOVX -9.1%)(SRPT +3.5%)(CMRX +4.7%)(PLX +1.7%)(NSPH +1.8%)(BCRX +4.2%)(LAKE +18.7%)(APT +5.6%)(VSR +6.1%)(SMED +3.3%)
Oct. 16, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Nano cap (NYSEMKT:IBIO) is up 52% premaket on robust volume in apparent response to its press release about the applicability of its iBioLaunch technology to the development of antibodies that target Ebola. Over zealous traders appear to be ignoring the long-term nature of the applicability.
- As previously reported,the company licensed iBioLaunch to would-be ZMapp manufacturer Caliber Biotherapeutics.
- Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:HEB) (NASDAQ:TKMR) (NASDAQ:NLNK) (NYSEMKT:NNVC) (NASDAQ:INO) (OTCQB:GOVX) (NASDAQ:SRPT) (NASDAQ:CMRX) (NYSEMKT:PLX) (NASDAQ:NSPH) (NASDAQ:BCRX) (NASDAQ:LAKE) (NYSEMKT:APT) (NYSEMKT:VSR) (NASDAQ:SMED)
Oct. 15, 2014, 8:57 AM
- The report of a second Ebola infection at the Texas hospital that treated Thomas Eric Duncan has traders clamoring for Ebola-related stocks this morning.
- Premarket moves for the Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:IBIO): +4%; (NYSEMKT:HEB): +5%; (NASDAQ:TKMR): +4%; (NASDAQ:NLNK): +6%; (NYSEMKT:NNVC): +1%; (NASDAQ:INO): +0.4%; (NASDAQ:BCRX): +5%; (OTCQB:GOVX): n/a; (NASDAQ:SRPT): +2%; (NASDAQ:CMRX): +4%; (NYSEMKT:PLX): +2%; (NASDAQ:NSPH): +5%; (NASDAQ:SMED): +6%; (NASDAQ:LAKE): +15%: (NYSEMKT:APT): +20%; (NYSEMKT:VSR): +37%.
- LAKE, APT and VSR are the only ones up on high volume.
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:44 PM
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
- Most members of the unofficial Ebola Small Cap Index are holding up in today's trading. Ibio and Nanosphere are the only ones getting roughed up.
- (IBIO -24.5%)(HEB -8%)(TKMR +1.7%)(NLNK +9.5%)(NNVC +6.7%)(INO +3.9%)(BCRX +5.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX +17.9%)(SRPT +5%)(CMRX +1.2%)(PLX -4.1%)(NSPH -39.9%)(SMED -1.6%)(LAKE -5.5%)(APT -0.5%)
Oct. 13, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Nano cap Nanosphere (NSPH +87.1%) rockets up on a 13x surge in volume after its announcement that the FDA grants 510(k) clearance to its Verigene Enteric Pathogens Nucleic Acid Test, which now includes additional viral targets.
- The FDA approved the original Verigene Enteric Pathogens Nucleic Acid Test in June.
- The outsized move may be driven by traders' Ebola mania. The market's reaction to the first approval was much more modest and then quickly reversed.
Aug. 7, 2014, 12:47 PM
Other News & PR