Nanosphere: There's Gold In Its Diagnostic Tools
Cory Renauer • 20 Comments
Cory Renauer • 20 Comments
Mon, May 23, 12:48 PM
Mon, May 23, 9:16 AM
Mon, May 16, 6:50 AM
- Luminex (NASDAQ:LMNX) agrees to acquire Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) for $58M in cash or $1.35 per share, a 73% premium over Friday's close of $0.78. The transaction will be financed with cash on hand. The deal, expected to close in Q2, should be accretive to non-GAAP earnings by the end of 2017.
- Nanosphere generated ~$21M in revenue in 2015 and $6.6M in Q1 2016. It is expected to add $13M to $16M to Luminex's top line this year. The molecular diagnostics company's lead product is the Verigene system, which detects pathogens like Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and Clostridium difficile.
- Luminex will host a conference call this morning at 8:30 am ET to discuss the transaction.
- Update: On May 23, Luminex ups its offer to $1.70 per share or $77M in response to a competitive bid at $1.50 per share.
Wed, Jan. 6, 5:08 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) is up 38% after hours on average volume in response to its announcement of preliminary 2015 results. Top line revenue for Q4 and 2015 should be $6.8M (+48%) and $21.0M (+47%), respectively. It also reports 35 new customer placements in Q4 for its Verigene analyzer.
- Final results and 2016 guidance will be announced next month.
Dec. 17, 2015, 6:46 PM
- Molecular diagnostics specialist Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) has priced a public offering with expected gross proceeds at $10M.
- The pricing comes to $0.47/share of common stock; shares closed today down 10.2% to $0.485. Each share of common stock is coupled with a five-year warrant to buy another share of common stock with a $0.70 exercise price.
- The offering is set to close on or about Tuesday. The company plans to use proceeds for working capital and general purposes.
Sep. 9, 2015, 12:44 PM
Sep. 8, 2015, 9:14 AM
Sep. 8, 2015, 8:53 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) jumps 27% premarket on robust volume in response to its announcement that the FDA has issued 510(k) clearance for its Verigene Respiratory Pathogens Flex Nucleic Acid Test (RP Flex), which allows 16 viral and bacterial targets to be reported as one multiplex panel or in various user-defined subsets. Laboratories pay for only for the targets ordered for each patient sample.
- Verigene RP Flex adds to the company's Verigene menu of infectious disease tests which includes the Verigene Gram-Positive and Gram-Negative Blood Culture Tests, Enteric Pathogens Test and Clostridium difficile Test.
- The Verigene System is an automated benchtop molecular diagnostics analyzer.
Aug. 10, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH): Q2 EPS of -$2.25 may not be comparable to consensus of -$1.23.
- Revenue of $4.7M (+76.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.24M.
- Shares +12.6%.
Jun. 8, 2015, 5:41 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH) places $4.4M of convertible preferred stock and warrants to purchase shares of common stock with an institutional investor. The preferred stock is convertible into an aggregate of 1,203,830 shares of common stock at $3.655 per share. The warrants are exercisable into an aggregate of 1,203,830 shares of common at $3.54 per share commencing six months from the closing date.
- Net proceeds of ~$4M will be used for general corporate purposes.
- Shares are down 4% after hours on light volume.
May 27, 2015, 9:18 AM
May 11, 2015, 12:48 PM
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:06 PM
- Nano cap Aethlon Medical (OTCQB:AEMD +29.8%) jumps on massive turnover of 10M shares in response to its report of the successful treatment of a critically-ill Ebola patient in Germany with its Hemopurifier bio-filtration device. In a post-treatment analysis, the device captured 242M Ebola viruses. The patient is expected to make a full recovery.
- The Hemopurifier targets the broad-spectrum elimination of viruses and immunosuppressive proteins from the blood.
- The stock has more than tripled since mid-October when the first treatment with the Hemopurifier was reported.
- Some of the members of the trading behavior-characterized Ebola Small Cap Index have completed their round trips. (HEB +1.2%)(TKMR +5.1%)(NLNK +2.5%)(NNVC -3.8%)(INO -8.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX)(SRPT -0.7%)(CMRX +4.4%)(PLX -1%)(NSPH -0.2%)(BCRX +0.7%)(LAKE +1.3%)(APT +0.2%)(VSR -0.7%)(SMED -2.7%)
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:57 PM
- The physician - who lives in Upper Manhattan - had returned to NYC ten days ago after treating Ebola patients in West Africa. Late in the trading session today, stocks gave back some of their big gains on a report he had been hospitalized with Ebola-type symptoms.
- City officials are at work tracing the doctor's contacts to determine who else may be at risk, and his girlfriend is being tested for the disease.
- S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) futures are lower by 0.5%.
- Ebola Small-cap Index: HEB. TKMR, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, BCRX, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
Oct. 23, 2014, 3:49 PM
- The Ebola Small Cap Index is mostly up today after a report that a potentially infected patient is under quarantine in New York.
- (HEB -0.7%)(TKMR +2.9%)(NLNK -1.5%)(NNVC +1.8%)(INO +2.6%)(OTCQB:GOVX -9.1%)(SRPT +3.5%)(CMRX +4.7%)(PLX +1.7%)(NSPH +1.8%)(BCRX +4.2%)(LAKE +18.7%)(APT +5.6%)(VSR +6.1%)(SMED +3.3%)
Oct. 16, 2014, 9:09 AM
- As previously reported,the company licensed iBioLaunch to would-be ZMapp manufacturer Caliber Biotherapeutics.
- Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:HEB) (NASDAQ:TKMR) (NASDAQ:NLNK) (NYSEMKT:NNVC) (NASDAQ:INO) (OTCQB:GOVX) (NASDAQ:SRPT) (NASDAQ:CMRX) (NYSEMKT:PLX) (NASDAQ:NSPH) (NASDAQ:BCRX) (NASDAQ:LAKE) (NYSEMKT:APT) (NYSEMKT:VSR) (NASDAQ:SMED)
Nanosphere, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and market of molecular diagnostics platform. Its platform, Verigene System, enables clinicians to identify and treat bacteria and viruses responsible for some of the most complex, costly, and deadly infectious diseases. The company was... More
Industry: Medical Instruments & Supplies
Country: United States
Other News & PR