Thu, Aug. 18, 7:37 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 2:42 AM
- Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY) reported its slowest first-half sales growth since 2009, with revenue increasing 3.5% on an organic basis, as the world's largest food company struggled to raise prices.
- Net profit fell to 4.1B Swiss francs ($4.2B), missing estimates, due to a one-off non-cash adjustment to deferred taxes.
- While pricing has reached "historically low levels," it should rebound "somewhat" in coming months, said Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke, confirming a 4.2% organic growth target for 2016.
Thu, Jul. 21, 1:54 PM
- The latest developments with the Hershey Trust increase the chances of Mondelez International (MDLZ -0.1%) upping its offer down the road or a new bidder such as Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY) stepping in, observes CTFN.
- The Hershey Trust is working to settle charges from the state attorney general's office and there are signs that deal talks can progress if a Pennsylvania jobs commitment is made.
- Hershey trade at $109.14 at last check. Last month, the company rejected an offer at $107 from Mondelez.
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Thu, Jun. 30, 12:51 PM
- Kellogg (K +5.7%), General Mills (GIS +4.9%), Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY +1.8%)
- Previously: Hershey rises 19% on report of blockbuster buyout offer from Mondelez (June 30)
Mon, Jun. 27, 12:59 PM
- Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF) names Ulf Mark Schneider as its new CEO, succeeding Paul Bulcke, effective January 1.
- Schneider will come from healthcare provider Fresenius (OTCQX:FSNUF, OTCQX:FSNUY), where he has been CEO since 2003, and Nestle says his appointment would accelerate its expansion as a “nutrition, health and wellness company.”
- Bulcke will be nominated to become Chairman at the company's annual general meeting in April 2017, to replace Peter Brabeck-Letmathe.
Wed, Jun. 15, 10:45 AM
- The cancer agency of the World Health Organization issues a detailed report in which it concludes that drinking coffee doesn't increase the risk of cancer.
- The experts did determine that drinking "very hot" beverages is one probable cause of oesophagus cancer in humans.
- Very hot was defined as 65 degrees Celsius or 149 degrees Fahrenheit. Coffee from some chains is served over that temperature if consumed immediately without any cream added.
- WHO report (.pdf)
- Previously: Coffee to rid itself of 'possible carcinogen' status (June 15)
- Related tickers: SBUX, DNKN, SJM, QSR, MCD, MDLZ, KKD, WWAV, JVA, OTCQB:JAMN, OTCQB:BCCI, FARM, OTCPK:NSRGY.
- ETFs: JO, CAFE.
Wed, Jun. 15, 2:26 AM
- Twenty-five years after classifying coffee as a possible carcinogen leading to bladder cancer, the World Health Organization has reversed course, and is expected to say today that coffee isn't classifiable as a carcinogen.
- WHO is also likely to state coffee has no carcinogenic effects related to other cancers and has even been seen to reduce the risk of liver and uterine cancers.
- Related tickers: SBUX, DNKN, SJM, QSR, MCD, MDLZ, KKD, WWAV, JVA, OTCQB:JAMN, OTCQB:BCCI, FARM, OTCPK:NSRGY
- ETFs: JO, CAFE
Thu, Jun. 9, 10:44 AM
- Shares of Hershey (NYSE:HSY) are up 1.7% with some traders chatting up a Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF) buyout scenario.
- Nestle is currently third in the North America chocolate market behind Hershey and Mars.
- A Nestle-Hershey combination would likely lead to some asset sales, similar to the MegaBrew deal maneuvers that Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller had to work out to appease regulators.
Mon, Jun. 6, 7:07 AM
- Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY) announces it will sell all locally produced products on Alibaba's (NYSE:BABA) e-commerce platforms in a six month campaign.
- The initiative includes selling 67 new products in China over Tmall.com.
- The company's partnership with Alibaba was originally announced last January.
- Nestle press release (.pdf)
Thu, Jun. 2, 12:04 PM
Tue, May 31, 2:31 AM
- Looking to boost its Health Science division, Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY) has closed a deal worth up to €100M to develop and market an experimental milk allergy test for infants.
- The Swiss group will pay DBV Technologies €10M upfront for rights to its skin patch test that can detect a cow milk protein allergy, with the balance depending on successful development.
Thu, Apr. 14, 9:12 AM
- Bottled water consumption in the U.S. will outpace soda drinks on a per capita basis for the first time ever this year, according to data from Euromonitor.
- The gap is expected to widen between now and 2020 as the shift towards healthier consumer habits continues.
- Beverage companies have made up for the shortfall in soda demand through innovation in energy drinks, premium milk, and juices.
- Euromonitor chart on U.S. consumption of bottled water vs. soda drinks (via Bloomberg)
- Related stocks: DPS, KO, PEP, COT, MNST, SODA, OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF.
- Related ETF: SGG
- Now read Unfit For This Millennial's Portfolio: The Fizzling Of The Coca-Cola Empire
Thu, Apr. 14, 3:01 AM
- Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY) has confirmed its full-year outlook after Q1 underlying sales growth of 3.9% beat expectations as product volumes picked up.
- "As anticipated, the first quarter continued the positive momentum in real internal growth, with softer pricing," the company said in a statement.
- Nestle's Maggi noodles also regained market share in India following a major product recall in 2015, though the comparison with the year-earlier period was difficult.
Thu, Mar. 10, 12:54 PM
- Nestle USA (OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF) announces a recall of a limited number of Stouffer's, Lean Cuisine, and DiGiorno items due to the risk of glass pieces in packages.
- The recall action covers 12 different products which all contain spinach.
- No injuries tied to glass particles have been reported to the company.
Thu, Mar. 3, 9:14 AM
- JAB Holding completes its acquisition of Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR).
- The transaction brings Keurig under the same corporate umbrella as Caribou Coffee, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Bach Espresso, Bravo, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, and Espresso House.
- By swallowing up Keurig, JAB has raised the stakes in its battle with Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY), and JM Smucker (NYSE:SJM) for coffee dominance. For now, Starbucks plans to stick with its Keurig partnership, although on the last SBUX earnings call Howard Schultz called the future of the relationship unresolved (earnings call transcript). The other companies will also have to shift strategy to the new coffee matrix.
- JAB is a privately-owned company with power divided up between the children of Albert Reimann.
Nestle S.A. is a holding company which is based in Switzerland. Nestle has the ambition to be the leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company by offering tastier and healthier products to consumers. Nestle has a unrivalled portfolio of brands and products that are present in the day-to-day... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Food - Major Diversified