NanoString Has Its Ducks In A Row For 2016
Gains on Gains
Gains on Gains
Thu, Aug. 4, 12:55 PM
Fri, May 6, 12:45 PM
Mon, Apr. 4, 12:32 PM
- Thinly traded micro cap OncoCyte (OCX +39.8%) is up on almost a 5x surge in volume, albeit on turnover of less than 100K shares, in response to its announcement of a successful 620-subject research study on its lung cancer diagnostic test that validates the transition of the assay platform from Illumina (ILMN +1.3%) microarrays to a Nanostring (NSTG -2.3%) nCounter instrument, the platform OncoCyte intends to use for commercialization. The study, which replicates an earlier one, was conducted by biomedical research organization The Wistar Institute.
- The company will now independently validate the results with its own follow-up study. If successful, it will execute the necessary analytic work to support the test's commercialization. If all goes well, commercial launch could happen in H1 2017. When launched, it will be the first commercially available, non-invasive diagnostic for the early detection of lung cancer.
- The value proposition of liquid biopsy, performed on a peripheral blood sample, is lower cost, greater convenience and much more patient-friendly that traditional tissue biopsy.
- Related tickers: (TROV +2.1%)(TBIO +5%)(SQNM)(CDNA -1.2%)(ILMN +1.3%)(FMI +3%)(BIOC -0.8%)
Tue, Mar. 1, 12:48 PM
Jul. 16, 2015, 11:04 AM
- NanoString Technologies (NSTG +6.4%) announces the availability of its nCounter SPRINT Profiler, a bench-top analyzer used to analyze differential expression of genes and proteins. The system, by virtue of its smaller footprint, sample throughput and lower cost, offers a more modest investment option for the modest-volume researcher.
- The company also launches the nCounter MAX system, a higher throughput analyzer targeted to the research core lab.
- Both systems run consumables based on the firm's digital molecular barcoding technology.
May 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jan. 24, 2014, 9:10 AM
Dec. 11, 2013, 10:44 AM
- NanoString Technologies (NSTG +16.2%) is enjoying a strong session after announcing that the Prosigna Breast Cancer Prognostic Gene Signature Assay will be available nationwide in Q1 2014.
- LH and DGX have "chosen to add the Prosigna Assay to their comprehensive suites of breast cancer diagnostic tests," NSTG notes. (PR)
- Meanwhile, Baird is out with an upgrade to Outperform from Neutral. Price target is now $18 (from $12).
Dec. 11, 2013, 9:11 AM
Sep. 11, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 10, 2013, 2:39 PM
- NanoString Technologies (NSTG +41%) soars after receiving FDA 510(k) clearance for its Prosigna diagnostic test.
- The test uses the gene expression profile of cells found in breast cancer tissue to assess a patient's risk of distant recurrence of disease.
- Prosigna is the company's first FDA-approved in vitro diagnostic assay, and CEO Brad Gray notes the approval "marks a milestone for NanoString and is an important step forward in the treatment of breast cancer."
Sep. 10, 2013, 12:46 PM
NanoString Technologies, Inc. develops, manufactures and sells robust, intuitive products that unlock scientifically valuable and clinically actionable genomic information from minute amounts of tissue. The company operates through one segment which is the development, manufacture and... More
Industry: Diagnostic Substances
Country: United States