Itinerant • 14 Comments
Itinerant • 18 Comments
Fri, Jun. 17, 2:00 PM
Fri, Jun. 17, 12:47 PM
Thu, Jan. 21, 10:43 AM
- Nevsun Resources (NSU +2.1%) says its Bisha Mine zinc expansion project is on schedule and expects total costs will come in at ~$80M, under its $100M budget.
- NSU says the overall project is more than 90% complete, with the structural, mechanical, piping and plate work 98% complete.
- NSU expects Bisha to produce on average 225M lbs. of zinc and 53M lbs. of copper in concentrate per year through 2025.
Apr. 30, 2015, 5:35 PM
- Nevsun Resources (NYSEMKT:NSU): Q1 EPS of $0.06 in-line.
- Revenue of $117.2M (+18.1% Y/Y) beats by $9.08M.
- Shares +2.93% AH.
Jan. 14, 2015, 12:49 PM
- As TD Securities analysts test free cash flow for Canadian copper producers at US$2.50/lb. for copper, every company in their coverage area except Copper Mountain Mining (OTCPK:CPPMF -13.5%) is found to have negative free cash flow.
- First Quantum Minerals (OTCPK:FQVLF -11.4%) might have the biggest problem, the TD analysts say, calculating that its free cash flow is negative US$1.2B at $2.50 copper due to a royalty hike in Zambia and major spending commitments at the Cobre Panama project.
- The favorite names in a low price environment are Lundin Mining (OTCPK:LUNMF -12.7%), HudBay Minerals (HBM -13.7%) and Nevsun Resources (NSU -4.7%), thanks to their solid balance sheets and low capital spending requirements in 2015.
Nov. 20, 2014, 12:58 PM
- Nevsun Resources (NSU +8%) says it has held preliminary talks with “various parties" about a potential transaction, but that is unaware of any bid for the company.
- NSU rose as much as 25% earlier this morning, leading to a trading halt, after Bloomberg reported that mining fund QKR Corp. was talking to the company about a potential takeover.
Nov. 20, 2014, 10:14 AM
- Nevsun Resources (NSU +13.3%) spikes higher after a Bloomberg report says Qatar-backed QKR Corp. is close to making a ~$1B bid for the Canadian miner, which owns 60% of the Bisha gold, copper and zinc mine in Eritrea in east Africa.
- NSU would be the second acquisition by QKR, funded by Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund and Poland’s richest man Jan Kulczyk, after its July purchase of AngloGold Ashanti's Navachab mine in Namibia.
Jun. 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 17, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 17, 2013, 2:22 PM
Shares of Nevsun (NSU -8.1%) fall after the company updates FY13 guidance. NSUN says that because its revenues will come primarily from copper as opposed to gold this year, its shares will be removed from NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index which will in turn cause Van Eck Gold Miners ETF to sell its position. The company notes that when its shares were deleted from Van Eck's Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners index "the company experienced very significant trading volumes and was essentially price neutral." (PR)| Jun. 17, 2013, 2:22 PM
Mar. 15, 2013, 5:31 PM
Mar. 11, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mar. 4, 2013, 5:39 PM
Dec. 21, 2012, 5:38 PM
Jul. 24, 2012, 10:34 AM
Nevsun Resources (NSU +2.4%) reports new increased base metals reserves estimates at its 60%-owned Bisha Mine in Eritrea. Expressed as contained metal, the copper reserves estimate is 6% higher and the zinc reserves estimate is 38% higher as of May 31 vs. the previous estimate.| Jul. 24, 2012, 10:34 AM | 2 Comments
Jul. 9, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nevsun (NSU +3.7%) announces higher-than-expected Q2 gold production of 87K oz., and reiterates its revised 2012 production guidance of 240K-260K oz. of gold. NSU says copper plant expansion in Eritrea continues to progress for start-up in mid-2013 and orders have been placed for equipment needed to export copper concentrate by mid-2013.| Jul. 9, 2012, 11:44 AM