Jan. 17, 2014, 3:48 AM
- Nintendo (NTDOF) has warned that it expects an operating loss of ¥35B ($336M) for the fiscal year through March instead of a profit of ¥100B, as the company had previously forecast. Analysts predict ¥54.7B.
- Nintendo also projects a net loss of ¥25B vs a previous outlook for a profit of ¥55B, and it has cut its revenue estimate by 36% to ¥590B. The company will pay an FY dividend of ¥100 instead of ¥260.
- Nintendo said the dramatic reversal was due to much lower-than-expected sales of its Wii U and 3DS games machines during the holiday season. That might have something to do with the success of Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 4 and Microsoft's (MSFT) Xbox One, both of which were launched in the run up to Christmas.
- Nintendo now expects FY Wii U sales of 2.8M instead of 9M and 3DS sales of 13.5M vs 18M. The firm also cut its software outlook. (PR here and here.)
Jul. 31, 2013, 9:22 AM
- Nintendo (NTDOY.PK): Q2 EPS of ¥67.44.
- Revenue of ¥81.55B (-3.8% Y/Y). (PR)
Apr. 26, 2012, 3:28 AMNintendo (NTDOY.PK): Full-year 2012 operating loss of ¥37.3B vs. consensus of -¥41.4B. Net sales of ¥820B. Says it expects to stop selling the Nintendo 3DS at below cost and return to operating profit of ¥35B in fiscal 2013, below consensus of ¥40B. Shares +2.85% in Tokyo. (PR) | Apr. 26, 2012, 3:28 AM
Jan. 26, 2012, 4:27 AMMore on Nintendo (NTDOY.PK): Forecasts a ¥45B ($580M) operating loss for the year to March, the first since the company started announcing earnings in its current form in 1981. Wii annual sales forecast cut to 10M units from 12M. 3DS gaming device cut to 14M from 16M. (Nintendo's earnings) | Jan. 26, 2012, 4:27 AM
Jan. 26, 2012, 4:09 AM
Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) swung to a loss during the first nine months of the year on sluggish Wii sales, costs associated with its new 3DS game system and the impact of currency fluctuations. The damage: net loss of ¥48.35B ($622M), revenue of ¥556.2B (-31%) and on an operating basis a loss of ¥16.4B. (PR)| Jan. 26, 2012, 4:09 AM
Jul. 28, 2011, 8:37 AM
Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) reports an FQ1 loss of $328M, accompanied by a 50.2% Y/Y revenue drop. The company was hit by weak hardware/software sales for the Wii and DS, and a slow start for the 3DS, for which Nintendo is slashing prices. The 3DS' weak sales will add to fears of the handheld console market being hurt by smartphone-based gaming.| Jul. 28, 2011, 8:37 AM
Apr. 25, 2011, 7:58 AM
Nintendo's (NTDOY.PK) annual earnings fell 66% to $947M for the fiscal year that ended March 31. Forecast sales for the fiscal year through March 2012 are expected to rise 8.4% to $13.4B and earnings are expected to increase to $1.34B. The company also says it will release an upgraded model of the Wii in 2012.| Apr. 25, 2011, 7:58 AM