Thu, Aug. 20, 12:45 PM
Thu, Aug. 20, 12:21 PM
- The WSJ reports United Technologies (UTX -1.6%) is in talks to buy HVAC/air quality/security system maker Nortek (NASDAQ:NTK).
- Nortek spiked higher on the report before getting halted.
- Update (12:23PM ET): Nortek has resumed trading, and is now up 17.6%.
- Update 2 (12:35PM ET): The full story is up. No potential deal price is given.
Mar. 21, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Nortek Inc. (NTK +4.4%) agrees to buy the HVAC business of Thomas & Betts for about $260M in cash. The deal is expected to close in Q2.
- Nortek CEO Mike Clarke: "Acquiring this business will enable us to extend our air management business into attractive adjacent segments of the HVAC market in the United States and Europe."
- Press release
Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PMIt's only January 18, but is it possible the 2012 housing rebound play is already getting a bit crowded? The XHB +10.9%, TOL +14.3%, LEN +16.3%, HD +6.3% YTD. Even bigger winners are building materials firms, USG +42.5%, PATK +50% YTD. Arguing for an even bigger run is most of these stocks are higher off of very low bases. | Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PM | Comment!
NTK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR